Qantas dumps San Francisco route, adds Dallas

Alernatively, there is also another outdoor van/shuttle service called Terminal Link - if you find you've walked too far and come through to the other side of security, don't panic - just go downstairs and catch a Terminal Link van to Terminal A, and then go into the terminal, pass through security and go straight to your gate.
Do we need to do the whole security thing after customs inbound? I'm guessing yes as we've had access to our bags in customs.

Are they using the AA Club for Qantas Club? DH and I are both members with a guest each, and there will be 5 of us, so I'm thinking of purchasing an additional guest pass, but not if we won't all be able to use it.

PS - I noticed you started at POFQ two days before us going by your ticker. We wanted to go on the Wednesday but DD has a school function on the Wednesday night which we need to attend.

So once you come through customs in Terminal D you will be instructed where to leave your checked bags just outside the door and they will be taken for you to your connecting flight . Do not take your checked bags to Terminal A.

Thanks Oz-kateer! this bit was music to my eyes! I usually travel with carry-on only but if it will be this easy I might change my ways!:thumbsup2

Here is the seat map for the 17 Sept flight. About half of the seats are blocked and no plans for sale to the best of my knowledge. It's pretty much the same for all the SYD DFW flights and DFW BNE flights. My DH understands more than me, but it has to do with load factor over such a long distance and making sure there is enough fuel to do it safely. Best part is you'll probably be able to move around a bit more in flight and probably won't have someone recline into you... unless you're in E+ or business or first! And less people on the plane makes them more comfortable overall.

5452511935_c4b2dc7f09.jpg

blocked seats have the x. Available seats re blank, and allocated to date seats are blue.

Here is the link for DFW. http://www.dfwairport.com/ Looks a lot better than LAX.

Self clearing at the auto kiosks is great but the cameras and readers can be temperamental. If you get a temperamental machine, you'll need to be processed manually. Also, the auto kiosks are only for adults. If you have kids, you'll need to use the manned kiosks.

Do we need to do the whole security thing after customs inbound? I'm guessing yes as we've had access to our bags in customs.

Are they using the AA Club for Qantas Club? DH and I are both members with a guest each, and there will be 5 of us, so I'm thinking of purchasing an additional guest pass, but not if we won't all be able to use it.

PS - I noticed you started at POFQ two days before us going by your ticker. We wanted to go on the Wednesday but DD has a school function on the Wednesday night which we need to attend.

Admiral's Club provides reciprocal rights for the Qantas Club. Strictly 2 guests only per member; so if you both show your passes and have the additional guest pass, you should be okay.

Thanks all,

Still not sure what happens in Brisbane, that would be a pain to get off and get bags just to go through customs, especially since we are so close to home.

Kylie, that would be awesome if the plane is only half full-:woohoo::woohoo: we are actually flying on the 16th, can you post a seat map of that one. We had to go a day earlier to get the sale price I dont think I updated my ticker.

Thanks all,

Still not sure what happens in Brisbane, that would be a pain to get off and get bags just to go through customs, especially since we are so close to home.

Kylie, that would be awesome if the plane is only half full-:woohoo::woohoo: we are actually flying on the 16th, can you post a seat map of that one. We had to go a day earlier to get the sale price I dont think I updated my ticker.
Here is 16 Sept. If you look at the Qantas website with your booking number and surname they may of allocated your seating and you can view it here. Because we're partial points, I'm guessing, we haven't been allocated set seats on that leg yet, but on the DFW MCO leg we have.

5453209546_ca8425a63c.jpg

Battymum, I'd be very surprised if you had to clear customs in Brisbane as I'm sure QF will have no desire to unload your checked luggage off the plane only to then have to load it again. As the flight has the same number from DFW to SYD, it just shows BNE as a transit stop for those booking DFW to SYD. Therefore, I would expect you'd have to get off (not very often you are allowed to stay on the plane during a transit these days but you may be able to leave your hand luggage on) but will be held in a transit lounge at the gate. I expect you will then "enter" Australia officially in Sydney. If DFW to BNE and BNE to SYD, were two separate flight numbers, you'd certainly have to clear in BNE.

Travelmum, Yes thats what I am thinking - why would they get all the checked luggage off in Brisbane, I wasnt sure whether we got off or not.

BTW - I updated the date on my ticker, and now Tink has moved all the way back to the start :sad2:

BTW - I updated the date on my ticker, and now Tink has moved all the way back to the start :sad2:

Oh no Battymum! I do remember back when we had to change our dates to arrive two days earlier (in order to get free dining) my ticker went back to the beginning too. However, now I love seeing Pluto half way to Mickey :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter