Q re PE seat allocation/olci

I think that is because those seats have not gone on sale yet.

However I rang in January to find out about prices of upgrades for our October flights and there were a handful of PE and UC seats on the outbound and no PE seats with a few UC available on the return. Apparently economy was fully booked on that flight within a couple of months of the seats being released :scared1:

I mentioned this to the TA - she said she thought they had all been sold!! :scared1:
There are UC seats showing the previous and next day - just not our flight.

I might be really really naughty and upgrade us to UC (if i can get a couple of seats :lmao:) without DH knowing!!

I mentioned this to the TA - she said she thought they had all been sold!! :scared1:
There are UC seats showing the previous and next day - just not our flight.

I might be really really naughty and upgrade us to UC (if i can get a couple of seats :lmao:) without DH knowing!!

When I asked about upgrading to UC the quote came in at £1800-odd for me and DD (on top of the economy airfare) one way :scared1: Now judging by the status of that flight I am guessing that part of the reason is that any discounted seats had already gone, but it was a little over my budget :rolleyes1 However that is one way to make sure they don't bump you. :rolleyes1

Now if your DH doesn't notice a couple of thousand pounds missing from the bank account, may I be so bold as to ask you to just add another 2 passengers .... ;)

I booked this coming trip nearly 17 months out. When I phoned to book I was told that there were only 2 seats left in economy on the return flight. Sure as ever, when I had booked I went onto the Disney UK site and there were none left. BUT, that is only because Disney UK had sold their allotment of package economy seats for that particular flight. Other tour operators still had availability and when VA released their seats in November there was availability for a good month or so before they disappeared.

When I asked about upgrading to UC the quote came in at £1800-odd for me and DD (on top of the economy airfare) one way :scared1: Now judging by the status of that flight I am guessing that part of the reason is that any discounted seats had already gone, but it was a little over my budget :rolleyes1 However that is one way to make sure they don't bump you. :rolleyes1

Now if your DH doesn't notice a couple of thousand pounds missing from the bank account, may I be so bold as to ask you to just add another 2 passengers .... ;)

I booked this coming trip nearly 17 months out. When I phoned to book I was told that there were only 2 seats left in economy on the return flight. Sure as ever, when I had booked I went onto the Disney UK site and there were none left. BUT, that is only because Disney UK had sold their allotment of package economy seats for that particular flight. Other tour operators still had availability and when VA released their seats in November there was availability for a good month or so before they disappeared.

Thinking straight about it (and having been a TA once!) i should have realised that she was talking about VH allocation of seats rather than the total number of seats....

The previous day is showing outbound PE at £370 and UC around £850 - from memory......
I think my DH might just notice £2K missing from my account :rolleyes1:rolleyes1 not that he'd go behind my back or anything like that but he likes to keep a slightly tighter reign on the spends than I do :sad2::sad2: I suppose one of us has to :rotfl:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger137
I agree with you Katie. I don't see why we should be discriminated against for the benefit of family groups, especially when it may even be that some members of those groups, ie the children, have paid lower a lower fare than we have.

The thing is the children may well have paid more, my kids tickets are only marginally cheaper than adults these days, and depending on the prices, dates offers when you booked, your seat could well have been cheaper than the kids ones!~ that isnt an issue !!

i wonder if when they have there own children they feel the same!....will be intresting to see..........

Thinking straight about it (and having been a TA once!) i should have realised that she was talking about VH allocation of seats rather than the total number of seats....

The previous day is showing outbound PE at £370 and UC around £850 - from memory......
I think my DH might just notice £2K missing from my account :rolleyes1:rolleyes1 not that he'd go behind my back or anything like that but he likes to keep a slightly tighter reign on the spends than I do :sad2::sad2: I suppose one of us has to :rotfl:

If I do what I call "unabalanced upgrades", i.e. I don't fly in the same class on the outbound as the return/only upgrade on leg of the journey, I like the better class to be on the return.

Firstly, it is a night flight and there is the jetlag to face so a comfier seat is welcome;
Secondly (very important one this!), you get extra luggage allowance on the way back;
Thirdly; once the holiday is over you just want to get back. On the way there the anticipation distracts you from your numb posterior :rolleyes1

Just a thought as there have been times I have decided to only spend on ONE upgrade. It may be your point of compromise with your DH. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter