Q for those who have sold..

Maistre Gracey

DIS Veteran
I am in the middle of downsizing, and seem to be having a bit of an issue with selling one particular contract.
One of my contracts, a small contract at a desirable resort, keeps getting thrown back to me. I have "sold" the same contract three times in the last 10 days, but the buyer keeps backing out. I understand it's their right to do so.

My question:
Is this common? I know it's priced correctly, as it "resells" almost as soon as it's boomeranged back to me. In addition to that, two other identical contracts have sold first shot.
My concern is that it's off the market so much that serious buyers don't have a chance to buy it.
I'm also wondering if there's a gimmick such as money back at closing, sort of like buying a car. -- Just a wild thought...

Thoughts?
MG

I would bet this is pretty common. If the contract is attractive some people may rush to make an offer to not lose out on the deal. Then later decide if it is the right one for them knowing they have 10 days.

How small is the contract?

I would bet this is pretty common. If the contract is attractive some people may rush to make an offer to not lose out on the deal. Then later decide if it is the right one for them knowing they have 10 days.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say exactly how small.. I don't want the mods to have a bird thinking it's an ad.

Seeing as though it's the same contract over and over, perhaps it's just possessed. Yea, I'm going with that.

MG

Maybe people pounce on it because they want the resort and the number of points, but then reconsider because of use year. We've had a couple of threads lately asking about small contracts with a different use year from their other contracts. When they find out it would be a separate membership, they change their minds.

I keep an eye on the Grand Californian offerings and have seen a contract bounce from pending to available a few times... others that were identical have now sold---it is a mystery!!!

Maybe people pounce on it because they want the resort and the number of points, but then reconsider because of use year. We've had a couple of threads lately asking about small contracts with a different use year from their other contracts. When they find out it would be a separate membership, they change their minds.
This is pretty much what the good folks at TTS said. It's just weird that only one particular contract is possessed. I think Jim Lewis put a hex on it after reading my posts about him.

MG

I am in the middle of downsizing, and seem to be having a bit of an issue with selling one particular contract.
One of my contracts, a small contract at a desirable resort, keeps getting thrown back to me. I have "sold" the same contract three times in the last 10 days, but the buyer keeps backing out. I understand it's their right to do so.

My question:
Is this common? I know it's priced correctly, as it "resells" almost as soon as it's boomeranged back to me. In addition to that, two other identical contracts have sold first shot.
My concern is that it's off the market so much that serious buyers don't have a chance to buy it.
I'm also wondering if there's a gimmick such as money back at closing, sort of like buying a car. -- Just a wild thought...

Thoughts?
MG

Are you getting to a contract or just before signing the contract? Once they sign, you are entitled to half their deposit. So make sure the real estate agent requires enough deposit so the time you lose in them tying it up makes it worth your while.

I "sold" a contract twice, both buyers backed out after the contract was signed and they put down a deposit and I got half of that each time. And I still have the contract.

I had 2 small contracts at a small desirable resort (;);)) that I was selling that both kept coming back. I thought it was just me but maybe it's the resort!

Third time was the charm for one. I ended up deciding to keep the other. :goodvibes

When you're a seller that 10 day recission period can be very annoying. :rolleyes:

Are you getting to a contract or just before signing the contract? Once they sign, you are entitled to half their deposit. So make sure the real estate agent requires enough deposit so the time you lose in them tying it up makes it worth your while.

I "sold" a contract twice, both buyers backed out after the contract was signed and they put down a deposit and I got half of that each time. And I still have the contract.
The contracts were signed, but they have 10 days from the signing date to rescind their purchase.

As I was typing this, I got a call from TTS. I once again "sold" the possessed contract (and another possibly possessed one).

MG

The buyer will have the 10 days to back out after signing and their contract states they will get their deposit returned. Are you saying you got around that or that they backed out after the recission period?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter