Q about WL campfire w/ chip & dale and movie

DaniB

DIS Veteran
I'd love to take the kids to the Wilderness Lodge for the campfire sing-a-long with Chip & Dale, and watch the movie outdoors afterwards.

We're not sure if we really want to eat at Trail's End or Whispering Canyon however.

I thought I read somewhere someone mentioned there's a Chuck Wagon (or something) close by that sells food along with the marshmallows & s'mores (IE, hot dogs, etc.).

Does anyone know if that is correct? And what it might be called? Does it take cash only for food items, or QS points?

Dani

I'd love to take the kids to the Wilderness Lodge for the campfire sing-a-long with Chip & Dale, and watch the movie outdoors afterwards.

We're not sure if we really want to eat at Trail's End or Whispering Canyon however.

I thought I read somewhere someone mentioned there's a Chuck Wagon (or something) close by that sells food along with the marshmallows & s'mores (IE, hot dogs, etc.).

Does anyone know if that is correct? And what it might be called? Does it take cash only for food items, or QS points?

Dani

The campfire and sing along are at Fort Wilderness(the campground), not Wilderness Lodge. Trails End and Chuck Wagon are at the Campground. Whispering Canyon is at Wilderness Lodge. Chuck Wagon is in the movie area and you can buy snack items and s'more makings.

There are two different resorts with "Wilderness" in the name.

Fort Wilderness Campground is where you'll find the campfire with Chip & Dale and the movie. The campfire and movie are in the Meadow Trading Post area, and the Chuck Wagon is located nearby. You can get food and marshmallows at the Chuck Wagon.

Trails End buffet is in a different area of FW, near the marina.

Whispering Canyon Cafe is at the Wilderness Lodge, a completely different resort that's roughly a mile from FW. If you want to dine at WCC, there's boat service at WL that will take you to FW. From the marina, you can take an internal bus to the campfire.

How far away is the campfire site from the Hoop De Doo? Is it possible to see the 5pm HDD and catch the campfire/movie? Thinking about doing this.

How far away is the campfire site from the Hoop De Doo? Is it possible to see the 5pm HDD and catch the campfire/movie? Thinking about doing this.

Campfire, Sing -A- Long and Movie are just a short bus ride away by the Meadows Trading Post. Campfire starts at 7:30, Sing-A- Long is 8-8:30, movie starts at 8:40. Hope that helps! :thumbsup2

Whoops -that got confusing. Thanks for setting me straight!

Since I had the wrong place listed for the campfire... I'm wondering if my chosen transportation method is now incorrect.

I was originally thinking of taking the boat from Magic Kingdom to get to the campfire sing-a-long. Can I do this?

Since I had the wrong place listed for the campfire... I'm wondering if my chosen transportation method is now incorrect.

I was originally thinking of taking the boat from Magic Kingdom to get to the campfire sing-a-long. Can I do this?

There is a boat from MK to the campground. Then you will need to take an internal bus to the campfire.

Yes, you can. There's boat transportation from MK to FW; from the marina, you'd take an internal FW bus to the Meadows.

Yes, anyone can go to Fort Wilderness for this event. It is not limited to Fort Wilderness guest.

Can anyone tell me more about it? I have never done this and was wondering what it was like in June? In other words is it overly hot? Does it seem real kiddy?

Please can you advise me how long to allow from MK on the boat to the Campfire and movie?

Ie do I need to allow an hour or more ? Thanks

Please can you advise me how long to allow from MK on the boat to the Campfire and movie?

Ie do I need to allow an hour or more ? Thanks

I would allow for the hour. This gives you time to catch the boat, get to FW, catch the bus, and make it to the campground.

Well, id say anyone. We went last trip, and n one ever asked for a room key. So i think its no big deal. We had a good time. we also walked from front gate to camp fire. (wont do that again. Too long) But the walk from the campire back to the boat Launch didnt seem more than a 5 0r 10 minute walk. But what ever your choice for transportation is, go and enjoy a Disney Hidden Treasure. And watch out for all thoughs flaming marshmallows.

Thanks so much everyone for all of the great info in this thread! We're staying at BLT this Dec, but I really want to take DS to the camp fire... it sounds like alot of fun. Does the Chuck wagon take the dining plan...as a CS meal? Thanks so much! April

I remember going to the campfire when i was growing up. My family always stayed in the Cabins at Fort Wilderness (I think about 4-5 times) and we always enjoyed going to the campfire and watching the cartoons. I am excited to be taking my kids in June to the campfire which we didn't do our last trip in 2007. So totally excited!!! I'm also bring my own smore's supplies..... I think it's like $5 for stuff to make 2 smores... we would be spending about $20 for our family to make enough smores.

I remember going to the campfire when i was growing up. My family always stayed in the Cabins at Fort Wilderness (I think about 4-5 times) and we always enjoyed going to the campfire and watching the cartoons. I am excited to be taking my kids in June to the campfire which we didn't do our last trip in 2007. So totally excited!!! I'm also bring my own smore's supplies..... I think it's like $5 for stuff to make 2 smores... we would be spending about $20 for our family to make enough smores.

I was thinking of taking my own smores supplies too but I was wondering if there are sticks or something available to use to roast them? I thought I saw you had to buy those too or they came with the kit. Don't really want to travel around with roasting tongs and I don't want to bring all the smores supplies to find there is nothing to use.

I was thinking of taking my own smores supplies too but I was wondering if there are sticks or something available to use to roast them? I thought I saw you had to buy those too or they came with the kit. Don't really want to travel around with roasting tongs and I don't want to bring all the smores supplies to find there is nothing to use.

Anyone know about the sticks or tongs? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter