Putting away the decorations

Tink1987

DIS Veteran
Hey all, hope you had a great Christmas?

Is it only me who wants to take all the decorations down now?! I love Christmas more then anything but for me it's over now and it's time to put everything away and have a massive clear out and clean ready for the New Year.

Anyone else putting stuff away over the next couple of days?

Is it only me who wants to take all the decorations down now?! I love Christmas more then anything but for me it's over now and it's time to put everything away and have a massive clear out and clean ready for the New Year.

Ours will probably be down on the weekend, if not sooner. The clutter is now driving me MAD!!!:faint::)

Just saw this was the UK board....oops! Oh well! :)

jennyjinx3 said:
Ours will probably be down on the weekend, if not sooner. The clutter is now driving me MAD!!!:faint::)

Just saw this was the UK board....oops! Oh well! :)

Lol, you are more then welcome to join in :)

I'm exactly the same, it's the clutter that is driving me mental! We have stuff everywhere because we go overboard at Christmas. I know it's only once a year but I just want my normal furnishings back in place :)

I am thinking about it as we need the space because of all the baby stuff we have!!

wideeyes said:
I am thinking about it as we need the space because of all the baby stuff we have!!

I don't blame you then! :)

I just want my normal living space back, it will all definitely be down by NYE!

Mine only went up last week and they are going to stay up until the 6th January. I am still enjoying them very much (even if I did drop and break my favourite Mickey ornament this year :()

Dimplenose said:
Mine only went up last week and they are going to stay up until the 6th January. I am still enjoying them very much (even if I did drop and break my favourite Mickey ornament this year :()

Oh no sorry to hear that :-( have you looked for a replacement? Especially if it's a park one, there may be some on Ebay?

My DB says I get bored of them because I put them on the first week of December!

I've had a quick look, but can't find a replacement. I thought I may have more luck next autumn.

My mum always put the tree up after my brother and I went to bed on Christmas Eve so we would wake up to a magical house on Christmas morning. As a teenager I would help her decorate while listening to carols on TV. So I still feel a bit naughty putting them up a week early.

Dimplenose said:
I've had a quick look, but can't find a replacement. I thought I may have more luck next autumn.

My mum always put the tree up after my brother and I went to bed on Christmas Eve so we would wake up to a magical house on Christmas morning. As a teenager I would help her decorate while listening to carols on TV. So I still feel a bit naughty putting them up a week early.

Hope you find it! :)

I've heard of a few people doing that and it sounds like a great idea I think - I do get a little annoyed when I see people putting them up halfway through November!

Mine went up on 1st December and are staying up until the very last moment. I LOVE my decorations so much and don't look forward to taking them down as my house seems so empty without them. I just love the glow of the Christmas tree lights etc...only 11 months until they go up again:rotfl:

I like to keep mine up as long as possible too ::yes:: they don't always stay up right until twelfth night but they definitely never come down before New Year.

queendisney said:
Mine went up on 1st December and are staying up until the very last moment. I LOVE my decorations so much and don't look forward to taking them down as my house seems so empty without them. I just love the glow of the Christmas tree lights etc...only 11 months until they go up again:rotfl:

I love my decorations as well - I just think my OCD kicks in after a while ;)

Ware Bears said:
I like to keep mine up as long as possible too ::yes:: they don't always stay up right until twelfth night but they definitely never come down before New Year.

I think I'm just in the camp of Christmas is over and onwards and upwards to New Year. I have a massive clear out etc before the 31st as well and I just like everything put away and fresh and ready for a New Year.

I also get really down in Jan after all of the festive season is over and I am back to work. So I can't imagine coming back from work on the 2nd/ 3rd having to put decorations away!

Really do think I suffer from SAD! :)

I don't have to worry about it this year, as I never got round to putting my tree up as I was busy at work plus I can't find the tree. I think it went in the loft but didn't get round to looking.

I too take the decs down asap, clean the cooker, sort out my cupboards, clean the house from top to bottom. I need to start the new year afresh, clean and tidy. I think I must suffer from OCD too!

Pam

pampat said:
I too take the decs down asap, clean the cooker, sort out my cupboards, clean the house from top to bottom. I need to start the new year afresh, clean and tidy. I think I must suffer from OCD too!

Pam

Yay, there's someone else who does this :)

I just want my normal living space back, it will all definitely be down by NYE!

Ours will also be down by NYE as DS16 is having a NYE party and he's got about 10 friends sleeping over so we'll need the floor space :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I feel exactly the same, my tree went up at the end of November, and I've had enough of it now. I just want to put everything away and start thinking about Summer and holidays. I think I will put everything away over the weekend ::yes::

I don't want to take mine down lol but will be taking it down Wednesday as I'm going away Thursday. I would normally leave it up until the 8th of january :goodvibes

Well, after replying to this thread, it got me motivated to take down some of my decorations and cards, just my tree to sort out tomorrow :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter