Purple MagicBand on the way soon?

"Will have an update in 15-30 days" Could mean that in 30 days we will find out that there isn't going to be a purple magic band, though I hope it turns out for the better.

AN interesting read for those who love magic bands....there are a lot of them out there and a lot that have been tested. (includes some more photos of possible purple bands.

http://www.magicbandcollectors.com/disney-magic-bands/development/

We finalize our bands on December 20. I'm REALLY hoping for purple to be available....it's my daughter's favorite color and we were really surprised it wasn't an option. I want her to get a purple one so I can get the pink band (right now we have her getting a pink and me getting a blue). We don't want duplicate colors.

We are waiting for purple here too. We have until December 13th before finalizing. My oldest was wondering why they didn't have it when I had them chose colors last month.

LOVE the Villians one. Must get. DF just bought the grey HM one :mad: we would have waited had we known about the purple. We'll definitely be getting both, but COME ON for the solid purple....:crazy2:

I'm so bummed....I LOVE the villains one!!! Too bad last week I ordered our bands through the app..so now it's a huge chore to return one and reorder....plus the extra expense of shipping a new band... :(

I hope they have the Haunted Mansion one in stock when I get there in Nov. I didn't get the original one because it wasn't purple.

Oh well, I just finalized ours since there's no purple. Maybe next time.
We are scheduled to finalize by the middle of the month. I was also waiting to see if the purple would be released. I am not a Halloween/villains/haunted mansion fan, so I'm bummed too that there's no solid purple yet. I guess we'll go ahead and finalize. Maybe by our next trip?!

In the blog:

Emily: Any word on when the plain purple MagicBand will be available for selection when booking a trip?
Steven Miller (Disney): @Emily – I’m not aware of any immediate plans for that option.

They know people want it, so they figure why not make them pay for it.

That stinks! It's my mom's favorite color and I was hoping it would be available by our last day to customize for our upcoming trip.

I found a site online that has MB covers (vinyl stick-ons) and just bought 2 purple glitter ones for our DDs. If it looks as good as the picture my DDs will love these much more then just a purple MB:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter