Purchasing Vero Beach reslae question?

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by JessLCH, Apr 21, 2013.

1. kenspidey

kenspidey Mouseketeer

I am trying to buy at Vero (currently in ROFR). I like the fact that my current price is minimal (some 30-40) dollars less per point and that I can get 150 points for less than 100 point contracts elsewhere. I also plan on staying at Vero on a every three year basis. The difference in Maintenance fees is really only $2 per point so it will take me 15 to 20 years to break even with another resort and that's not even including interest on the money. It's a great deal especially if you want to stay there occasionally.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. lchute1158

lchute1158 Mouseketeer

That's good to hear... I would stay there once in a while I think since my wdw stats are vinyl a few days efore a dcl sail.

4. lchute1158

lchute1158 Mouseketeer

Well... Just doing some simple calculations i think it will take 8 to 10 years for the mf on vero to catxh up to the higher initial cost of ssr

5. z28wiz

z28wiz DIS Veteran DVC Gold

Correct on a hundred point purchase you will be paying 250 more a year in dues compared to ssr. After that 10 year mark I will notice the difference in dues since vero will probably be wry close to 10 per point in dues per point.

6. LisaS

LisaS DIS Veteran

I agree. People sometimes look only at the current dues and not the historic data to see how much they increase each year. This chart only goes through 2011 but it shows how the dues gap has widened over the years between VB and the other resorts: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2685252

Another issue that is sometimes raised about VB is the possibility of hurricane damage, making a special assessment a possibility.

7. kenspidey

kenspidey Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if Disney carries any type of Hurricane insurance? Maybe this is one of the reasons why their dues are so high.

8. lchute1158

lchute1158 Mouseketeer

I believe wind insurance is mandatory in Florida. When I owned a house there the wind insurance alone was about 1000 a month.

9. z28wiz

z28wiz DIS Veteran DVC Gold

1000 a month for wind insurance? Holy cow. Do you mean 1000 a year?

10. lchute1158

lchute1158 Mouseketeer

oh a month!