• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Purchasing Resale in 30s

Right. But the Ferrari (BCV) isn't always avail, while the Mercedes (SSR) is avail much more of the time.

More importantly, the Ferrari is only available when the Ferrari owner has decided not to drive the expensive Ferrari they bought. The Porsche across the lake is only available when the Porsche owner has decided to drive something else. Or when those owners don't have their act together to book more than seven months out.

Now, I don't know about you, but if I paid $200k for a car, I wouldn't want to regularly trade it to drive an $80k car. I might occasionally trade it to drive a different $150k car.

With DVC - all of the "cars" have $750 oil changes - some a little more, some a little less, but none are cheap. The purchase price is going to be a drop in the bucket of what you will give Disney over the next 25-45 years - should you retain your contract. It isn't the purchase price that should scare you, its the additional costs - not just dues, but park tickets, transportation, food, etc.

I know I just responded to this above, but I actually do agree with you if money is no object.
Now, if $750 oil changes are an issue...
But if money is no object, you just pay cash for DVC or a Suite through Disney. DVC is only applicable for a subset of the population. Those that can afford it but care about the cost/value of what they are getting.

I bought my first 200pt contract at BWV because I wanted to go to F&W and F&G every year. BCV was more expensive with less availability. I struggled with whether I should buy at SSR to save $ but in the end knew I would be upset if I couldn't get Nov for F&W. Two years in I know I made the right decision. And now I'm adding smaller 50pt contracts to get one extra vacation in a year but doing so at SSR or OKW since I won't mind staying there and I want to manage cost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter