Purchasing DVC on Disney Cruise. Is This A True Statement?

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by fordman, Sep 29, 2013.

1. fordman

fordman Earning My Ears

OK, we are finally ready to take the plunge into DVC since they built the Grand Floridian Villas. Since resale is not an option for some time, we plan on purchasing direct. As you know, Disney is not offering any incentives currently, so a friend of mine said the best place to purchase is on a Disney Cruise. Any one recently cruise and know what they offer on-board? Thank you for any insights.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. disneynutz

disneynutz DIS Veteran DIS Lifetime Sponsor

My understanding is that is no longer true, the incentives for VGF are the same everywhere.

:earsboy: Bill

4. Disneycouple99

Disneycouple99 DIS Veteran

I think the offer will be the same. What you might get is an onboard credit for your purchase.

5. bobbiwoz

bobbiwoz I'm happy to dance with you!

I think that's it, just the OBC.

6. uconnfan4

uconnfan4 Mouseketeer

When I cruised on the Fantasy in July there was no onboard credit for buying at the Grand Floridian. There were no incentives either.

7. MrsB919

MrsB919 Mouseketeer

We just got off of the Fantasy and bought DVC. The only incentives were for AKL and Aluani.

8. samfsu

samfsu Earning My Ears

We were on a disney cruise in April and the incentives were the same as those we were told today at WDW. AK has incentives and VGF do not.

9. AquaDame

AquaDame DIS Veteran

What were the incentives for Aulani, if you don't mind my asking?

10. jillgunter

jillgunter Mouseketeer

I went to one on the Fantasy last November. They were offering incentives on Animal Kindgom Villas. I dont think they are offering anything much different then other places.

11. MrsWaltDisney86

MrsWaltDisney86 Mouseketeer

Hi we just purchased DVC on the Disney Fantasy 2 weeks ago. (September 14) I'm not sure what GFV specials is but we bought AKV. We got $150 per point off any point purchase over 160 points. A $1000 stateroom credit or you can apply it to purchase (we did this) and we get this years use year points. Our use year is in April so we got all the 160 points now (bank in Nov) and get the next set in April. No additional fees due. 320 points is another cruise for us!!! Hope this helps!!

12. sndral

sndral DIS Veteran

Is there a decimal point missing in the bolded part above? I thought AKV cost $150 per point without incentives, so $150 off per point minus $150 per point cost would equal $0 per point.
    The regular incentives for purchases over 160 pts. @ AKV are $10 off per point + $1000 off the total. Was the cruise incentive more than the $10 off per point offered to the general public?

13. kirkgf

kirkgf Earning My Ears

We just got off the Fantasy 2 weeks ago and they offered great discounts and $1,000 credit for Animal Kingdom but none for VGF. I asked about VGF and was told there would be no discounts or deals for VGF since it has been the fastest selling DVC resort.

14. Mickey'sApprentice

Mickey'sApprentice Shamelessly demand, it works bette

I think I would "purchase" at least 200 points at $0. How about $6 off per point for maintenance fees? I might take 1000 or more.:cool1::cool1::cool1:

15. Brownieone

Brownieone Earning My Ears

We bought VGF on the Fantasy in mid-June and, as others have said, the only perks were being offered on AKV and AUL. We decided to buy on the ship though because we did not have to hassle with getting our signatures notarized as we otherwise would. That was our "perk." ;)

16. lodge

lodge DIS Veteran

We didn't need to have our signatures notarized to buy (non-cruise purchases).

17. amandaC

amandaC Mouseketeer

I believe that if you finance, you need your signature notarized. You do not need it notarized if you don't finance.