Purchasing DVC for Benefits

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by Jhuff8181, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Jhuff8181

Jhuff8181 Mousenut

Jul 5, 2005
    I am a ex-DVC owner and must say that I miss owning my piece of the mouse. I was thinking of buying a small contract to get my toes back in the water. I was wondering if someone can tell me about the current benefits of being a DVC owner? AP discounts, dining discounts, etc. I was thinking if I bought a 35 point contract for around $1600 the discounts on other things would make it worth while. What do you think?
  2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. chalee94

chalee94 <font color=green>I thought all sand was ground up

Aug 14, 2006
    not worth it IMO.

there is an AP discount of $100-ish.

there is the option to buy the TIW card for $75 (i think) without an AP.

there are scattered dining/shopping discounts that come and go.

but any discounts/perks can go away at a moments notice... i think it would be crazy to buy for the perks.
  4. WDW Points

WDW Points DVC Member

Apr 8, 2012
    The main reason to buy DVC is to use it for vacations. The only thing they guarantee you in the annual points. Anything else is a perk and isn't the real intent. It is nice, but you don't know it will be there. If you want to use DVC for vacations, great. But with the upfront fees and the annual dues, you won't "make it back" in discounts.