Purchasing a DVC bankruptcy resale contract advice

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by friskygal95, Apr 2, 2013.

1. DisneyFansInLINY

DisneyFansInLINY DIS Veteran

I purchased a bankruptcy resale. Disney doesn't ROFR them because they don't like to get involved in those. It took over 3 months until everything was final. Once it passes ROFR, you have to wait for the judge to approve everything. Good luck and have patience you can find them through Fidelity and even on ebay

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. Daisyduck49

Daisyduck49 Mouseketeer

We are in the beginning stages of a bankruptcy sale. First time buying "resale" but very excited if we can get through/by Disney. It will supplement our direct points perfectly. Has anyone heard of Disney taking a bankruptcy sale - we worded the contract with the bankruptcy part highlighted to try and deter the mouse :)

4. dmunsil

dmunsil Disney Uber-Nerd

Yes, I've seen Disney exercise ROFR on a bankruptcy sale. If the price is too low, they may take it. The resort they've been rarely exercising ROFR on is AKV, but even then they occasionally take something that has a really low price. And sometimes they don't take one with a really low price. It's possible that some contracts just look like too much trouble, but it's hard to know just from looking at the deeds. You don't get to see the contract, and you don't know whether it was stripped or loaded, who paid closing, etc.

5. Daisyduck49

Daisyduck49 Mouseketeer

Thanks. The sale consists of four resorts. Two Disney seems to want and two they rarely take. But the price is low so we don't want to get our hopes up too high

6. jbullard01

jbullard01 Earning My Ears

Where do you go to find a DVC bankruptcy listing? Is there a website that has bankruptcy DVCs listed?

7. VrBchJ

VrBchJ DIS Veteran

I'd like to know this too.

8. CarolMN

CarolMN DVC Co-Moderator Moderator

I've seen them on ebay.

9. Nancy603

Nancy603 Earning My Ears

How or where did you fid the DVC bankruptcies? I would be interested in purchasing

10. MandM Mom

MandM Mom Earning My Ears

I see that you purchased a bankruptcy resale last summer. A situation to buy points through a bankruptcy has presented itself to me and I'm curious as to how you educated yourself in the process. The available points are not listed by a broker; it would be a private sale so I'm trying to find out if there is a "how-to" tutorial out there. Thanks for any help.

11. disneynutz

disneynutz DIS Veteran DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Personally I wouldn't take the chance, too many variables to deal with and Disney could take the contract if they wanted to.

:earsboy: Bill

12. Hunclemarco

Hunclemarco DIS Veteran

Also, if done improperly, there could be sad consequences for those going through the bankruptcy and for you...the court could demand the contract back from you. Best to go through a lawyer if you pursue this.

We did purchase a bankruptcy contract and all worked out ok, but we went through a reseller...fidelity