Purchasing 2 contracts for the same resort same use year - making reservations

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by moreisgood, May 7, 2013.

1. moreisgood

moreisgood Falling in love

If I have 2 contracts, same resort, same use year, how does that affect me when I make reservations? Will they all be lumped into one category in the account? If I need points from both, to make one reservation, will I have to have the reservations "linked" by Disney?

And if I have a 3rd contract, same use year, different resort, and I need to add some points from that to a reservation for the first resort, does that count as a transfer? Or are transfers only between different use year?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

If they are both titled the same, they can be made into one contract when they are purchased. But if you didn't do that then, you can't do that now.

If they are two separate contract master numbers (12345.000 and 23456.000 instead of 12345.000 and 12345.001), you cannot combine them to make a single night without transferring them.

Transfer count if they are between different master contracts. If you have add-ons, you don't have different contracts.

You can make separate reservations for separate nights and ask that them be linked. But you will still have to check out and check in again. I have to do that every trip and it can be a pain.

4. moreisgood

When you say check in and out again, do you mean - pack up all your stuff and actually leave for 6 hours? Or just a visit to the front desk?

5. Deb & Bill

If they are linked, you should be able to just go down and get new keys. And if you have the dining plan, it will end at midnight of the day of your checkout for that stay.

6. moreisgood

New keys are pretty doable. Once I bought a Tables in Wonderland card, that was the end of dining plans for me!

Thank you!

7. disneynutz

disneynutz DIS Veteran DIS Lifetime Sponsor

The new RFID locks do not require new keys, the Front Desk just sends a signal to the locks via WiFi.

:earsboy: Bill

8. Missyrose

Missyrose DIS Veteran

Actually, I'm on a linked reservation now and was given new keys to the same villa at BLT.

9. disneynutz

disneynutz DIS Veteran DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Typical, :confused3 I was told at BWV last week that new keys are not necessary. We switched rooms and kept the same keys.

:earsboy: Bill

10. lovin'fl

lovin'fl DIS Veteran

I was given new keys to our same villa at BCV too (for linked resies).

11. Dean

Dean DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis

IF the contracts are under the same master they will be treated as one for that home resort and can be directly combined with other resort points at the 7 month window that are also under the same master. Currently DVC will combine them if you buy resale and they are titled exactly the same as anything you have already. There is no guarantee this option will continue and I personally think it may not long term for new resale buyers.

12. Deb & Bill

But unless they put the correct end date on the KTTW, they show a past date if they don't replace the KTTW.