Purchased contract w 2011 points - will I be able to use?

Discussion in 'DVC Resorts' started by tb1972, Apr 10, 2012.

1. tb1972

tb1972 DIS Veteran

Hi All,
    We purchased a resale with all 2011 pts, closed on 3/29 and finally got our member # today. The 2011 points must have a res or be banked by July 31. I'm concerned because I called MS with my first choice VB for any week June or July and a full week wasn't available. Two days available together only for July. CM said I could wait list for five other nights. My questions are: 1) what are the odds of a wait list coming available 2) was this just my choice in resort (VB) that's popular in the summer or will I have trouble everywhere?

Are DVC members accustomed to wait lists if not booking at the 7 or 11 month mark?

My home resort is OKW which I love, but wanted a beach vaca this summer!
    Thanks
    :ccat:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

What is your use year? August or December? If it's August, it's too late to bank, they would have to be used by 7/31. You could ask member services for the "one time exception" for banking. If it's December, then you have to 7/31 to bank.

4. OldGrizzly57

OldGrizzly57 Grumpy Old Bear!

I would say the odds are pretty bad on that wait list coming through. As far as trouble everywhere I did a quick check and a studio is still available for the entire month of June at SSR. Not the beach but something on short notice.

Griz

5. tb1972

tb1972 DIS Veteran

Thank you both Debbie and Griz!

My UY is Dec. I think I'll just plan for VB next summer since I obtained the contract late this year.

I don't do Disney World in the summer - I prefer Fall. Hoping I can get a Studio at my home resort OKW in Oct.
    Tabatha

6. disneynutz

disneynutz DIS Veteran DIS Lifetime Sponsor

You should be OK for OKW but you should plan on reserving VB right at 7 months.

:earsboy: Bill