Public Aft Deck on the Magic

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by BWV Dreamin, Jul 14, 2011.

1. BWV Dreamin

BWV Dreamin DIS Veteran

I've seen mentioned a public aft deck on the Magic. Is this only accessible from deck 7? What is special about this aft deck?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. narsibvl

narsibvl DIS Veteran

An open space with deck chairs, usually very quite and has a view to kill for.

4. BWV Dreamin

BWV Dreamin DIS Veteran

Wow! Would I be able to access it from deck 6 aft? Are there CM's there that could bring us drinks?

5. thinkoflaura

thinkoflaura Mouseketeer

it's open from 7am-7pm... no CM service at all... and no shade... just a quiet place to hang out!

Get your morning coffee from deck 9 and take the AFT stairs down 2 flights -- enjoy!!!

6. DisPrincess26

DisPrincess26 Mouseketeer

They really have "hours"? :confused3

7. ssanders79

ssanders79 NO FLASH photography means just that!

Yes. The deck is right between and above aft veranda rooms.

8. cruisecrasher

cruisecrasher DIS Veteran

Think it's locked the rest of the time.

9. Makayna

Makayna Something brought you here, Flynn Rider. Call it w

Is this on the Wonder too?

10. nzdisneymom

nzdisneymom DIS Veteran

On the Wonder, there is a much smaller area right above the one on Deck 7 that you can go out on - it doesn't take you as far out the back of the ship, but it's pretty private.

Deck 7 does have hours and sometimes it is reserved for private functions. Sometimes the youth programs do activities there, too.

11. Anal Annie

Anal Annie at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't help it

They also use this "secret deck" for weddings too. It's perfect for a small private wedding & a few special guests.

12. mmouse37

mmouse37 DCL Diva!!

yes, because it is fairly remote.....some people were doing some non-Disney things out there at night....everything from hanky panky to underage drinking to marijuana use. They had to close it down at night.

MJ

13. geoffrey

geoffrey Mouseketeer

Is the aft deck 8 not on the Magic?

14. DisPrincess26

DisPrincess26 Mouseketeer

:scared1:

Well, I guess these folks were a lot more, ah hem, "creative "then me, I was just looking for somewhere quiet to soak up the vitamin D :littleangel: LOL!

15. MDTerp

MDTerp Mouseketeer

Thanks for this reminder of quiet space. Now i can find a "perk" with our 11C cabin assignment of room 7119 - its right near the aft doors!! Only 5 more days till we board for our Med cruise!!!:goodvibes:yay::yay:

16. TiaMaria

TiaMaria DIS Veteran

The last time we were on the Magic, we saw that they had a couple of "grass mats" out on this deck for people with Service Dogs that did not have verandah staterooms.

I had never really thought about where they would "go" before that!

17. Lorraine

Lorraine Mouseketeer

When we were on the Med last summer they had giant litter tray on deck 4 aft in the undercover bit. On the WBTA all the loungers had been removed from the 'secret deck'. We were in a HE cat 3 just above and were told we could not have loungers on the verandha as they were not fire resistant and sparks from the funnel could cause a fire. Never found out if this was just for TA due to the high number of sea days.

18. DVC_Corrys

DVC_Corrys DIS Veteran DVC Gold

I am looking forward to exploring this section on the Wonder. I love the view from the back of a ship...

19. rlgoodin

rlgoodin Disney Attic

My wife and I found that place accidentally before and we always make it a point to relax there a few times each cruise. It's usually empty and quiet back there, very relaxing.

20. NHdisneylover

NHdisneylover DIS Veteran

On our last cruise on teh Magic the kids programming was out there several time--so be warned you could show up to find 30 or so tweens in that "quiet" space:rotfl:

Personally I like shade so we never hang out on not so "secret deck seven":rotfl: