Pub Night

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by UncleLarry, Feb 25, 2010.

1. UncleLarry

UncleLarry Mouseketeer

Has anyone attended the Pub Night? If so, did you like it? What is it? When is it? Any info would be great. Might even buy you a beer if I see you next week! Sailing on Magic, March 6!!!!!!!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. stichlover87

stichlover87 *I'd rather be at WDW*

I love pub night :love:...the cruise staff does a skit called if I Were Not Upon The Sea and it is not to be missed (I don't want to tell you too much and ruin the fun)!

4. nickcapp

nickcapp Mouseketeer

Pub Night is probably my favorite event on the ship.

Basically, they turn diversions into a pub like atmosphere. The cruise staff performs and leads the guests in a bunch of traditional Pub songs. I don't want to ruin it for you, its definately a fun highlight.

I'll be there with you on the March 6th cruise.

If you go to youtube and search for disney magic pub night or if i were not upon the sea, you'll get a good preview.

5. NTOFD

NTOFD Ready to go

Pub night is held in Diversions on the last night of the cruise. It varies a little with the CM's that participate and their talents. Some skits remain the same like the mentioned "If I were not upon the sea" and "My Bonnie lies over the ocean". A very entertaining show, I'll be there, I'm going on the 6th as well.

6. DMMarla07860

DMMarla07860 DIS Veteran

Pub Night is awesome. It is usually in Diversions or Rockin' Bar D on the last night. I'm on the March 6th sailing as well, I'll be going:cool1:

7. orlandothebeagle

orlandothebeagle Gotta love the beagles.

Was that pub night..................................
    Well, it was a brilliant night, I was going to tell you to search you tube for it, but dont spoil it by doing that.

enjoy your cruise:cool1:

8. orlandothebeagle

orlandothebeagle Gotta love the beagles.

imho I would have wanted it to be fresh rather than had seen it on you tube, but I did think of that too.

I am jealous of you all:headache:

Hope you all have an amazing cruise.

9. b00kw0rm429

b00kw0rm429 Mouseketeer

Is pub night on the shorter cruises or only the 7 day?

10. DMMarla07860

DMMarla07860 DIS Veteran

only 7 day or longer

11. scrapbookingpro

scrapbookingpro DIS Veteran

DH and I LOVE pub night. "If I were not upon the sea" is SO much fun, especially if you have gotten to know some of the cruise staff throughout the week.

12. UncleLarry

UncleLarry Mouseketeer

Thanks, we will see you all there if we can convince the kids to stay in the clubs!

13. moochpuppy

moochpuppy DIS is the place to be

Pub night is a blast! Best night of the cruise!! :thumbsup2

14. ybcart7

ybcart7 Mouseketeer

We are going on the Magic in 29 days :woohoo:and this is the first time I have heard of pub night....sounds like my kinda night. I am assuming it is for adults only?? Just curious!!

15. scrapbookingpro

scrapbookingpro DIS Veteran

Yes, adults only!
    It is on the last night of the cruise. Very fun!

16. moochpuppy

moochpuppy DIS is the place to be

We were on the Magic 1.16.10 and our Pub Night was held in Rockin' Bar D. They provided hot/cold appetizers and then we saw an encore performance from Alfred & Seymour suited for adults and then the cruise staff performed "If I were not upon the sea....". I had never seen this performed before and it was hilarious!!! :rotfl2: The staff did an outstanding job! I felt bad for Ponz (for those of you who have seen it you know why). Trevor was funny :lmao: and Louisa looked great in her rain gear. :thumbsup2 ;)

I agree with whoever said that if you get to know the cruise (entertainment) staff during the week that it makes this experience even better.

17. TotallyAngelic

TotallyAngelic Disney Addict

we caught the end of this on our cruise in Oct 2008 and really wish we had seen the whole show as it was very very funny:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    enjoy your cruise :thumbsup2