PTR: Prepping for our June 2015 20th anniversary & mega-birthday celebration spectacular!

Yesterday was ODD & YDD's last day of school. YAY! No more homework for Mama here to supervise. We get a 2 month break from all that!

Took the girls this morning to Great Clips for haircuts. Snagged the $7.99 haircut deal that they had going on this weekend. Woot! My sister got the girls Elsa dresses for their birthdays (YDD's bday isn't for a couple of days and ODD's is later in June). We're going to a "Frozen Sing A Long" screening this evening at a local movie theater with some friends and the girls are going to wear their new dresses. It'll be so much fun!

Tomorrow, it's supposed to be 106 here. A week from tomorrow in Anaheim, the high temp is forecasted for 75. ALL HAIL THE SO CAL JUNE GLOOM! :worship:

Yesterday was ODD & YDD's last day of school. YAY! No more homework for Mama here to supervise. We get a 2 month break from all that!

Took the girls this morning to Great Clips for haircuts. Snagged the $7.99 haircut deal that they had going on this weekend. Woot! My sister got the girls Elsa dresses for their birthdays (YDD's bday isn't for a couple of days and ODD's is later in June). We're going to a "Frozen Sing A Long" screening this evening at a local movie theater with some friends and the girls are going to wear their new dresses. It'll be so much fun!

Tomorrow, it's supposed to be 106 here. A week from tomorrow in Anaheim, the high temp is forecasted for 75. ALL HAIL THE SO CAL JUNE GLOOM! :worship:

How fun!

I love the June gloom! We get it up here in the Bay Area too. Unfortunately we tend to be far enough out that we get hot too. But, we get the June gloom close enough to cool off the weather.

I love the June gloom, too! I didn't appreciate it so much when I was living in Santa Barbara way back in the day, but I sure appreciate it now! The high temp tomorrow here in Tucson is going to be 108. WAH! NOT FAIR!

So yesterday evening, we went to The Loft Cinema here in Tucson. It's Tucson's only locally-owned independent movie theater and they showed Frozen Sing A Long. It was sold out (thankfully I bought tickets online!) and they added several more showings through later this week!

Oh my goodness, this was SO MUCH FUN! First, there was a meet & greet with Anna & Elsa. Here's a picture of my kids with the 2 princesses.

Then they gave away goodie bags that had props. Whenever Elsa, in the movie, used her magic, all of the kids in the theater would wave a magic wand. When it snowed in Arendelle, everybody blew bubbles. When Elsa said, "Let it go," you held up a white paper snowflake. It was so much fun. And EVERYBODY SANG ALL OF THE SONGS! We went with some friends and we all had such a blast. The movie theater even did a costume parade. Seriously, you've never seen so many little girls dressed up as Elsa before in your life. So much fun!

The woman who dressed up as Elsa at the movie theater led everybody in a practice round of "Let It Go" before the movie started. Holy cow, she had a fabulous voice. It was really great. I had such a huge grin on my face the whole time and I had to fight back tears because I was so happy. There was something so special about seeing all of those families in that huge movie theater belt out all of those songs together. I can't wait for Disneyland next week!

Only a few more days until we leave! I can't wait. Day after tomorrow is YDD's birthday...she turns 8. We aren't getting the girls a bunch of stuff for their birthdays this year since going to Disneyland for the day is a big part of their birthday celebration.

Lots of preparations here to do at home, like....
  1. put in a mail hold request at the post office
  2. put some of our lights inside the house on timers
  3. pack!
  4. double check my packing to make sure I didn't forget anything important

Your girls are lovely. I'm glad you are a list maker. Your list reminded me that I need to hold the mail. Have a great time on your trip. I'll be watching for updates.

Your girls are lovely. I'm glad you are a list maker. Your list reminded me that I need to hold the mail. Have a great time on your trip. I'll be watching for updates.

Thank you!
I almost forgot to mention that we had some maintenance done on the minivan this past weekend...normal stuff - oil change, tires balanced & rotated, wheel alignment.

I love the girls dresses! They look lovely!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter