Completed PTR - California or Bust!... But first we WDW! Last Change 3/10

As promised a short update on reorganizing the trip!

As I was planning out the Cali trip and DH and I were discussing the original plan:

Saturday till Monday around noon San Diego (DH would arrive Sunday morning)
Monday afternoon till Thursday afternoon Disneyland
Thursday night till Sunday mid day LA then home work Monday :sad:

We got to talking and decided we should come back Saturday not Sunday so we have a day to recoup and adjust. We also found out we are going to LA in September for a wedding. Ideally i would have extended the trip a night or three to fit everything in, but with my DH being away the week before for we felt it was to mush time away from work.

DH also mentioned he thought him only being in San Diego one night was a bummer. So we decided to adjust things.

Now we are looking like the following:

Saturday till Tuesday (noonish) San Diego (DH still arrives Sunday morning, not that we booked this flight yet)
Tuesday arrive Disneyland hopefully by 2 (planning as of 3) Disneyland till noonish Friday.
Friday around noon drive to Santa Monica, spend the afternoon and Saturday morning enjoying the pier, 3:15 flight home Saturday.

I don't know why but going to the Santa Monica pier appeals to me so much, so its the one 'LA' item i really want to fit in.

Neighborhood_Santa-Monica-Pier_Joakim-Lloyd-Raboff-1900.jpg

I wanted a red-eye home on Saturday (Like an 8pm one) but the only option was 11:50pm, so I opted for the 3pm flight instead.

This sums up the current major changes.....for now

That plan looks good to me and the pier looks like a lot of fun.

I would chose a 3pm flight over an 11:50pm flight too, even with a baby and gaining hours going back.

Seems like a good new plan and you still get to fit in one big LA attraction you wanted without feeling rushed elsewhere and I think it is great your husband will have more time in San Diego.

Always pluses and minuses with every plan but I think this makes sense and is a good call!

I think the plan looks good. It's definitely a struggle to fit three different areas into one trip, but I think you have a nice balance - some quality time in San Diego, a nice amount of time at the happiest place on earth, and I think it's cool that you picked out one thing in the LA area that you really want to see.
Santa Monica feels very like it should be very "California." Even though not all of California is like that - it's one of those places that you see it and you instantly know you're in CA. Which is why it totally makes sense to me that it appeals to you so much.

It still sounds like a pretty solid plan to me! I need to plan a Disneyland trip soon. It's just so hard to justify buying plan tickets when I can just drive to Disney World, though! :scratchin

That plan looks good to me and the pier looks like a lot of fun.

I would chose a 3pm flight over an 11:50pm flight too, even with a baby and gaining hours going back.

:D, i agree the flight options weren't great but over all I'm happy!

Seems like a good new plan and you still get to fit in one big LA attraction you wanted without feeling rushed elsewhere and I think it is great your husband will have more time in San Diego.

Always pluses and minuses with every plan but I think this makes sense and is a good call!

Agreed, always pluses and minuses, but overall i am happy with our choice. I would rather do less and not be rushed then rush just to fit more in.

I think the plan looks good. It's definitely a struggle to fit three different areas into one trip, but I think you have a nice balance - some quality time in San Diego, a nice amount of time at the happiest place on earth, and I think it's cool that you picked out one thing in the LA area that you really want to see.
Santa Monica feels very like it should be very "California." Even though not all of California is like that - it's one of those places that you see it and you instantly know you're in CA. Which is why it totally makes sense to me that it appeals to you so much.

:D When i used to travel with no kids, i would try to fit it all in, but now i would rather not rush it. I agree Santa Monica is totally CA, so I am happy we can fit it in, i have wanted to go there for a while.

It still sounds like a pretty solid plan to me! I need to plan a Disneyland trip soon. It's just so hard to justify buying plan tickets when I can just drive to Disney World, though! :scratchin

:D I agree, a good plan and I think I am getting to fit in the most important things.

I agree, it shard to justify flying someplace when you can drive to another place that is just as good!

So a little late here but i am in double digits! 97 days! So we are going to dance. This also means 27 days till I can make FP......no no 27 days till I can make ADR's! So i will be annalizing my options for that over the next few weeks, even thought i have heard its easier to change reservations at DL then WDW.

giphy.gif

(Who else is excited about the new Gilmore Girls show on Netflix????)

giphy.gif

Hamilton!

giphy.gif

Cinderella

Just wanted to hit all things i love.....

Sorry i have been totally MIA around here! When i get behind it is so hard to catch up on my commute on my phone, that I end up falling even further behind and need a few hours (a full day) to catch up on my computer... Currently i am waiting for my car to be serviced... No thing wrong just an oil change and a recall.

ANYWAY! I GOT A PIN CODE! You read that right A PIN CODE! :cool1: To bad i doubt it will get used... its for WDW and has to be used by August, I just don't know how i would be able to swing ANOTHER TRIP :confused3

I was telling DH about this and he goes of course you got a Pin Code, they probably go who is crazy enough to come back a third time in a year and spend a ton of money this person send her a code..... i am not going to lie i was trying (still am?) to figure out how to use the code. :rotfl2:

Sorry i have been totally MIA around here! When i get behind it is so hard to catch up on my commute on my phone, that I end up falling even further behind and need a few hours (a full day) to catch up on my computer... Currently i am waiting for my car to be serviced... No thing wrong just an oil change and a recall.

ANYWAY! I GOT A PIN CODE! You read that right A PIN CODE! :cool1: To bad i doubt it will get used... its for WDW and has to be used by August, I just don't know how i would be able to swing ANOTHER TRIP :confused3

I was telling DH about this and he goes of course you got a Pin Code, they probably go who is crazy enough to come back a third time in a year and spend a ton of money this person send her a code..... i am not going to lie i was trying (still am?) to figure out how to use the code. :rotfl2:

Omg it's so exciting to get a pin code, isn't it? :goodvibes When I got mine in the mail a while back I fealt like I'd won the lottery or something :laughing:. Where there's a will there's a way! :scratchin

Sorry I'm totally late on the dance party!
:cool1::cool1::cool1:party::cool1::cool1::cool1:

I also got a PIN code! Yesterday I was trying to figure out how to make it work. I had to stop myself.
Why do PIN codes come at entirely the wrong time????

I also got one! Thought I know we won't use it... but the deal is not bad.

If you want to know how it works, just click the button on the email under the code, and then it prompts you to type in your name and zip code. It's up to 30% off and if you book 6 nights you get free park hopper. Weird thing about mine though, since I booked our most recent vacation under my boyfriend's address, I have to use his zip now! It took me 30 minutes to figure that one out, I just kept putting in either my home town zip or my apartment. :laughing:

ANYWAY! I GOT A PIN CODE! You read that right A PIN CODE! :cool1:
:cheer2:

was telling DH about this and he goes of course you got a Pin Code, they probably go who is crazy enough to come back a third time in a year and spend a ton of money this person send her a code..... i am not going to lie i was trying (still am?) to figure out how to use the code. :rotfl2:
:rotfl: Yeah I only ever seem to get them when I can't use them.

Yay!! Double digits!!!

Are there people out there who are not excited about it?
I just hope they don't screw it up. Gilmore Girls is classic.

I know i hope they don't screw it up either... But I have hope!

Omg it's so exciting to get a pin code, isn't it? :goodvibes When I got mine in the mail a while back I fealt like I'd won the lottery or something :laughing:. Where there's a will there's a way! :scratchin

Sorry I'm totally late on the dance party!
:cool1::cool1::cool1:party::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Don't tempt me... 2017 2017... got to hold of till 2017..... thanks for dancing!

I also got a PIN code, and haven't even been down to use the first one. But, I am keeping the email. Because what if the lottery finally comes through?

LOVE IT! Yes when I hit the power ball DISNEY HERE I COME!

I also got a PIN code! Yesterday I was trying to figure out how to make it work. I had to stop myself.
Why do PIN codes come at entirely the wrong time????

ALWAYS AT THE WRONG TIME, its like they know we cant use it!

what are these pin codes for?
They are for WDW vacations

I also got one! Thought I know we won't use it... but the deal is not bad.

If you want to know how it works, just click the button on the email under the code, and then it prompts you to type in your name and zip code. It's up to 30% off and if you book 6 nights you get free park hopper. Weird thing about mine though, since I booked our most recent vacation under my boyfriend's address, I have to use his zip now! It took me 30 minutes to figure that one out, I just kept putting in either my home town zip or my apartment. :laughing:

Yeah the deal isn't bad... but i am not supposed to be booking ANOTHER WDW vacation!

:cheer2:

:rotfl: Yeah I only ever seem to get them when I can't use them.

ALWAYS get them when you can't use them, just the way it is.

More changes...

I'm a little bummed while also really happy about this current change. We are currently booked at DLH for 3 nights. I was really excited about this, however traveling this past weekend with my DD and sleeping in the same room I started to freak out.

She is generally a pretty good sleeper but being in the same room she was a little restless and ended up in bed with us, which for vacation I'm ok with. However the sleep was horrible and she thought it was play time at 3am! So I ended up sleeping on the floor next to the pack n play 2 nights for a few hours. Fine in my family's home not fine in a hotel.

So we discussed it and decided San Diego will be a regular hotel room but Disney we should try a suite. The suites onsite are just to pricey so we are back at the Marriott Courtyard in a one bedroom water park view suite. I am bummed about not staying on site, but feel like the sleeping situation for the trip will be improved. The suite is actually $100 less a night which is pretty nice for more space and a short walk to the park.

Not to bad:
snadt_floorplans04.jpg

snadt_main01_r.jpg

(Pictuers from Marriott's website)

I want to her and us to be well rested for Disney and I think this gives us the best chance of that happening, if we are cranky the whole time will be miserable, and I want to have a great time!

I also am narrowing down my dining options so far I have the following, I am having a hard time finding the information i really need to make my choices, i have about 25 days till i can book ADR's!:

Blue bayou - thinking dinner (maybe a PTN package?)
Plaza inn or PHC grill (surfs up) breakfast for the last day, leaning towards plaza for some last minute park stuff and a guaranteed Minnie meet as she is my DD favorite
Ariel's Grotto - iffy maybe lunch or skip it all together
Debating a PTN or WoC package, just not sure if it is worth it for us....
Cove Bar - dinner maybe

Any other suggestions or DL Dinning info?? Anyone?

Other then that I'm thinking snacks and quick service. I do want to hit up Earl of Sandwich in DTD for sure.

I don't want to eat up to much park time going to meals since we have limited time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter