• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Completed PTR - California or Bust!... But first we WDW! Last Change 3/10

I vote for Plan 2A. Speaking as somebody who got stuck with an unexciting narrator for CP, if you have an opportunity for a good one, then TAKE IT. I know you're all about those Osborne Lights, but I promise you, they don't change from one night to the next! Spend one night seeing them, get your fill, say your good byes, drink a hot caramel apple cider with rum, and be happy you got to see them one last time. :cutie:

♫ ♪ ♬ ♪ if it wasn't for changing plans I wouldn't have no plans at all ♫ ♪ ♬ ♪

first, might have just been a typo but your 1B plan says head to hollywood studios at 6:30 and see the Osborne Lights at 6:00 ... which, would be quite the feat if you could pull it off

Might an option be to do one of the "B" plans and ensure you have a good break in the middle of the day and then go to EMH to see the Osborn Lights again? Or, not sure your thoughts on this, but maybe you could get some solo time for the EMH while DH stays at the hotel with DD?

Oh, one other small thing, on your plans for day one you mentioned getting a butterfinger cupcake at Starring Rolls ... I think they are only open until about 4pm or so (just breakfast and lunch) - just something to keep in mind.

Good luck!

As for your CA plan, super glad to hear that your DH's vacation time was as you expected so that should work out!

Yes, the Osborne Lights should not be missed. Besides, I want to keep Lieutenant Dan all for myself, lol! Poor DH - if I am solo to a park one day and happen to meet up with a suddenly single Gary Sinise or Pierce Brosnan, I will no longer be solo. But it's allowed, because we each have our secret celebrity list...
Ok, now back to your Disney programming!

HAHA!:rotfl2:We all need our list of 5! Granted mine changes depending on who i may or may not see.

OMG that is the cutest thing ever!!!

Gah...tough call on the plans...I've never seen either the Osborne lights or the CP so hard to say...I would probably say Osborne Lights though...that just seems like more of a unique Disney experience to me?

Thank you, I am just having such a hard time making a final call. First world problems all the way.

Every girl loves special jewelry, right?!

Oh YEAH! Don't we all.

Wearing all the MagicBands! I love it!

Thank you!

I've got 4 or 5 senarios running for our 1 park day in march! Glad I'm not alone in that department! LoL!

Cutie!!!

It's a good problem to have, but it stresses me out!

I vote for Plan 2A. Speaking as somebody who got stuck with an unexciting narrator for CP, if you have an opportunity for a good one, then TAKE IT. I know you're all about those Osborne Lights, but I promise you, they don't change from one night to the next! Spend one night seeing them, get your fill, say your good byes, drink a hot caramel apple cider with rum, and be happy you got to see them one last time. :cutie:

SUCH GOOD POINTS! Why do you have to be so reasonable! :rotfl: 2A is probably out no matter what, basically because i doubt DD will sit thought a meal and then the whole candlelight processional... if we do CP then I think 2B is where we are going... I am just not sure if viewing the CP from the American pavilion is the way to watch it.

♫ ♪ ♬ ♪ if it wasn't for changing plans I wouldn't have no plans at all ♫ ♪ ♬ ♪

If this doesn't describe WDW planning i don't know what does!

first, might have just been a typo but your 1B plan says head to hollywood studios at 6:30 and see the Osborne Lights at 6:00 ... which, would be quite the feat if you could pull it off

Time turner, I spoke to someone and got one just for this :rotfl2: Good Catch!

Might an option be to do one of the "B" plans and ensure you have a good break in the middle of the day and then go to EMH to see the Osborn Lights again? Or, not sure your thoughts on this, but maybe you could get some solo time for the EMH while DH stays at the hotel with DD?

If we do 2B we would get a nice break, I doubt doing a candlelight processional package would work, a meal and then sitting through the show with DD probably not going to happen.. so i think 2A is out. This is a great option, I may have to feel DH out on this one... It would be ideal for me...:thumbsup2

Oh, one other small thing, on your plans for day one you mentioned getting a butterfinger cupcake at Starring Rolls ... I think they are only open until about 4pm or so (just breakfast and lunch) - just something to keep in mind.

AH! This is so disappointing, we do have one morning at HS so I better get my cupcake then if I want to try it!

As for your CA plan, super glad to hear that your DH's vacation time was as you expected so that should work out!

Thank you! Need to get my flights in order!

Last edited:
Day 3 - HS and Epcot

So just a follow up on Day 2 I am still wavering, some good advice from everyone Thank You!:worship: I just can't make a final call, It is going to be a last minute (the day before) decision I think. I think if we see the lights on Day 1 we may skip them day 2 and do lights day 1 and 3, if we don't make the lights day one we will do lights day 2 and 3 and skip CP. But who knows how I will feel in 18 days.

Day 2 plans!

9:05 breakfast at Hollywood & Vine - I know this gets mixed reviews but I want to give it a try and since DD seems to like the Disney Jr Charterers I thought it would be good.

After Breakfast we have FP+ for the Frozen Sing Along at 10:35 and then TSSM at 11:35-12:35. I would like to be at TSMM as early as possible. Right after our TSMM ride we will head to Epcot. We must hit up Germany in WS So i can get 1 or 10 of these:
PurplePickle.jpg

6a014e5f914cd8970c016761e6bfdf970b-500wi

Yes a Pickle Ornament is a MUST purchase for me, i just don't know how many I need....

My Daughters name is Dillon, and at day care they started calling her Dill Pickle and well it has stuck so I need a Pickle Ornament now, and i think everyone needs one... So not sure if I will just get for us or if i will get for my in laws as well.

The other must do in Epcot is the British Revolution (the band in England) We really enjoy this, they play at 3:50 and 5:05 (later times too).

We have a 3:05 at Rose and Crown so I think we will go to the 5:05 show of the band and then probably head back to Hollywood Studios to say good bye to the Osborn lights.

Some other things up in the air if we get to ride TSMM on day 1 we may try to move day 3 FP to Epcot if we can get Sorian (doubtful, we will be able to move it but who knows). If DD hates fur characters on day 1 and 2 I may cancel the H&V breakfast and either eat at the hotel or try to get something else. I have been trying for Akershus but no luck yet.

Last edited:

Quick DL update!

I have been stalking flights... They have gone up slightly since i originally looked in to them a few months ago...

But if I fly Friday and come home Monday they are about 150 cheaper each... The issue with this is two extra nights at a hotel, plus two extra car rental days, i don't think we will come out any cheaper, maybe even more expensive in the end....

I have kinda put the booking of the flights on hold till at least we get back from WDW, unless the price drops on my ideal flights in which case i will jump on them. I also need to price out DH since he will have to fly on different flights going then us.

I really wish we could swing this trip so he ended at his conference, so i was flying home with DD alone not there.....but we have a wedding the weekend before so that's out :sad2:

9:05 breakfast at Hollywood & Vine - I know this gets mixed reviews but I want to give it a try and since DD seems to like the Disney Jr Charterers I thought it would be good.

Yes a Pickle Ornament is a MUST purchase for me, i just don't know how many I need....

So my Daughters name is Dillon, and at day care they started calling her Dill Pickle and well it has stuck so I need a Pickle Ornament now, and i think everyone needs one... So not sure if I will just get for us or if i will get for my in laws as well.

We are doing Hollywood and Vine for the same reason. It was originally on my plan as a possibility. My sister said she wanted to do it with her kids so I booked it for all of us and my parents. We are doing lunch. I am hoping it is decent.

You must get a pickle! You have a great reason to get one.

Quick DL update!

I have been stalking flights... They have gone up slightly since i originally looked in to them a few months ago...

But if I fly Friday and come home Monday they are about 150 cheaper each... The issue with this is two extra nights at a hotel, plus two extra car rental days, i don't think we will come out any cheaper, maybe even more expensive in the end....

I have kinda put the booking of the flights on hold till at least we get back from WDW, unless the price drops on my ideal flights in which case i will jump on them. I also need to price out DH since he will have to fly on different flights going then us.

I really wish we could swing this trip so he ended at his conference, so i was flying home with DD alone not there.....but we have a wedding the weekend before so that's out :sad2:

You might want to check flights again, I just got a southwest e-mail so it sounds like some flight are on sale again (unfortunately not our January flights, I was hoping to get them cheaper). For just 2 tickets and extra 2 days it probably doesn't save you money to add the days. If the cost difference was a bit more maybe, but once you add in food and everything yeah there goes the savings.

I think your plan of seeing how things go and if you feel you got significant time with the lights on day 1 then just also do them on day 3, but if day 1 is missed or rushed, adjust day 2 as well.

Good luck with the flight plans!

As for H&V - it is definitely not my favorite breakfast buffet, but I do think there are some good things there ... it's not a total disaster. It totally comes down to the characters as that is what you are really paying for. If you DD will be excited to meet them and into participating in dance party activities, it's probably worth it, but if she will only be so-so (or worse) with the fur characters, definitely skip it

Ahhh! I didn't know you had a PTR! Just figured it out when you started to follow my new one!

But I caught up with this one! Yay!

MUST SEE PANDAS (No Panda emoticon?!)
Pandas are SO ADORABLE. Have you seen the ones in the DC zoo? It's actually one thing my boyfriend and I connected on when we first met! :rotfl:

So is the monorail part the slide? Because if it is, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT.

Holy moly is she a cutie! My cousin's kids after coming back from WDW two years ago kept wearing their magic bands for two weeks afterwards! :rotfl:

Yes a Pickle Ornament is a MUST purchase for me, i just don't know how many I need...
If you have a christmas store in NJ (or just come to central PA - Lancaster Area) I can always find pickle ornaments there! They may even be cheaper than those at Disney. We used to have one (my dad's side of the family is german) but at one point one of our cats thought it would be fun to find and knock off the tree. The cat did not get an extra present that year for finding it.

Those pickle ornaments are awesome! I did not know such a thing existed, but that's a pretty cool tradition!

I think I read somewhere that the best time to book plane tickets is 6-7 weeks before the trip. I don't know how true that is, but maybe you will be able to get good flights closer to the trip. Also, constantly be on the lookout for sales - even if the fares are high now, airlines do have sales, so if you can book during a sale, you can save some money.

This is a quick update!

SINGLE DIGIT DANCE! 9 days!!!

Posting from my phone so I don't have any gif(don't know how to post them from my phone) so I've got this :cool1::dancer::woohoo:party:

I know I owe replies and I will do them soon, things got crazy here two huge projects at work and some events. Hugs to everyone (also trying to do my rounds on catch ups on people's PTR and TRs!)

This is a quick update!

SINGLE DIGIT DANCE! 9 days!!!

Posting from my phone so I don't have any gif(don't know how to post them from my phone) so I've got this :cool1::dancer::woohoo:party:

I know I owe replies and I will do them soon, things got crazy here two huge projects at work and some events. Hugs to everyone (also trying to do my rounds on catch ups on people's PTR and TRs!)

Yay 9 days I am so jealous! I also have a friend leaving Friday I am also insanely jealous of her, we still have 55 days to go!

Whoops! Just a tad bit late to the single digit dance party!

giphy.gif

Your bonus trip has come up so fast!!!!! I bet you're getting excited!

Yay 9 days I am so jealous! I also have a friend leaving Friday I am also insanely jealous of her, we still have 55 days to go!

Single digits! Woohoo!
giphy.gif

SINGLE DIGIT DANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

XB6pGqvOfJqY8.gif

m3t7dmGJDNQGY.gif

xTiTndfwZd97zVwCcg.gif

YAY SINGLE DIGITS!!! In 9 days you will be at Disney!!!

Whoops! Just a tad bit late to the single digit dance party!

giphy.gif

Your bonus trip has come up so fast!!!!! I bet you're getting excited!

Dancing machines!! Yahoo! A week from right this minute we will be at the airport waiting to board our flight to Disney!

I booked our airport parking, still need to book the car from MCO to the POP that's tomorrow's assignment (or Monday) and need to order garden grocer nothing like waiting till the last minute!

Also I have a family member and a close friend traveling within 30 days of me so I want us all to use the same Memory Maker. I think it should work but does it expire 45 days from the first picture download? Or from the first picture taken? And only I can down load the pics right?

Yet another quick phone update... Things have been crazy here, but good crazy I guess! Hoping for a real update before I leave (spoiler alert) looks like I have TWO Cali trips to plan for next year just not sure if I'll do DL both times....:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter