Completed PTR - California or Bust!... But first we WDW! Last Change 3/10

Is the Disney Jr show mostly singing, dancing? Its says its 25min so I am looking for a little more info, and i know you did it recently! :D
It was more watching puppets and an actor on stage sing and dance with a few moments of allowing for dancing. (At Least that was MY experience. Based on the reactions of those that are reading my TR I would guess that there is a bit more dancing involved normally. That said, I wouldn't be in a hurry to do it again and I certainly wouldn't waste a FP on it. My choice would be the Frozen show instead. At least there are seats and you aren't packed like sardines sitting on the floor. :crazy2:

It was more watching puppets and an actor on stage sing and dance with a few moments of allowing for dancing. (At Least that was MY experience. Based on the reactions of those that are reading my TR I would guess that there is a bit more dancing involved normally. That said, I wouldn't be in a hurry to do it again and I certainly wouldn't waste a FP on it. My choice would be the Frozen show instead. At least there are seats and you aren't packed like sardines sitting on the floor. :crazy2:

Thank you! Frozen show is on the list for sure! :thumbsup2

Just catching up - glad to see your plans coming together.

I know for my planning if cost wasn't an issue we would have stayed at the Disneyland hotel - but as a family of 5 a regular hotel room can get tight, so we opted for a 2-room suite at the HoJo which was cheaper than a regular room at the DLH ... but hopefully some day!

As far as character meals go - we have Minnie's breakfast at the Plaza booked and then lunch at Ariel's booked. From what I have read Minnie's breakfast seems to have quite a number of characters and looks like fun, but guess we shall see.

Oh, one "must ride" I didn't see in your list was the Canal Boat rides ... I know for me, just because it is so unique to Disneyland that is a must ride for us

Congrats on booking the WDW trip! Sometimes those short trips are really fun as you focus on getting in as much as you can.

We like Rose & Crown a lot, especially if you can get an ADR that puts you there during Illuminations as they have a private viewing area

I am excited to check it out! I haven't stayed Value before, and I am really hoping I like it, the buses are the main thing I am worried about...
When I stayed at Pop a year ago, the buses were perfect. And even with my clients who are looking to stay in a Value resort, I usually recommend Pop over the All-Stars due to the dedicated bus service there. You'll be fine. :cutie:

As far as character meals go - we have Minnie's breakfast at the Plaza booked and then lunch at Ariel's booked. From what I have read Minnie's breakfast seems to have quite a number of characters and looks like fun, but guess we shall see.

Oh, one "must ride" I didn't see in your list was the Canal Boat rides ... I know for me, just because it is so unique to Disneyland that is a must ride for us

Both those meals looks great! I am trying to gage how i think she is going to do with the Mickey/Minnie's of the world as opposed to face characters, If she is going to freak out for a good portion over the Mickey/Minnie type (what is a good term for them no idea) I may just stick to Ariels for this trip.

Totally adding thew Canal Boat Ride, not sure how i missed them! Thank you so much for pointing them out!!:worship:

Congrats on booking the WDW trip! Sometimes those short trips are really fun as you focus on getting in as much as you can.

We like Rose & Crown a lot, especially if you can get an ADR that puts you there during Illuminations as they have a private viewing area

Thanks! I am really excited! I think we are going to skip Illuminations this trip and focus on the Osborn Lights, but that may change... But we do really like Rose & Crown, I don't hear it mentioned to often on the boards but we really like it.

When I stayed at Pop a year ago, the buses were perfect. And even with my clients who are looking to stay in a Value resort, I usually recommend Pop over the All-Stars due to the dedicated bus service there. You'll be fine. :cutie:

I think I am more worried about the buses when it comes to getting on and off with the stroller, and to be a little honest worried about DH. He wasn't all that into Disney when we started going and the last 3 times we have stayed Grand Floridan, Swan, and Contemporary so I want him to like Value! I am hoping if he likes value (and I want to like it too! as I haven't stayed value either), we may be able to do a few more weekend type trips at value or mods. You have probably caught on by now that I always have some scheme or plan going on in my head :stir:!:rolleyes1

Both those meals looks great! I am trying to gage how i think she is going to do with the Mickey/Minnie's of the world as opposed to face characters, If she is going to freak out for a good portion over the Mickey/Minnie type (what is a good term for them no idea) I may just stick to Ariels for this trip.

That's a good point, especially first to focus on Face characters. BTW - the non-face characters (so Mickey, Minnie, etc.) are usually referred to as fur characters

Yay for a WDW trip ... and you for sure have to do the double digit dance!

Plans look good ... I love that you're heading to see the lights every night!

In terms of characters ... maybe try watching a parade that has both Mickey/Minnie type characters and face characters and see how she reacts to everyone? Did you guys see Festival of Fantasy last trip? How did she do with that? I think that how she reacts to characters in the parade will give you some idea of how she'll do with actually meeting the characters.

Yay for a WDW trip ... and you for sure have to do the double digit dance!

Plans look good ... I love that you're heading to see the lights every night!

In terms of characters ... maybe try watching a parade that has both Mickey/Minnie type characters and face characters and see how she reacts to everyone? Did you guys see Festival of Fantasy last trip? How did she do with that? I think that how she reacts to characters in the parade will give you some idea of how she'll do with actually meeting the characters.

YEAH FOR DANCING party: <---- Warming up for your dance in 4 days!

So actually last trip we did Chef Mickey and she seemed to be ok, didn't LOVE IT but didn't freak either, Parade no issues. However at Sesame place a few weeks back she FREAKED at every character at the character meal... so I am kinda torn. We may make it to Sesame Place again before WDW but definitely before DL so I am hoping to have somewhat of a better idea!

Crossing my fingers you're gonna say it's the first week of December 2017... :rolleyes1

Currently no.... Looking at September 16-23 or something in that time frame...But they are subject to change about 50 times between now and then. I already have a few reasons why I want to change the dates :rotfl2:!

I'm happy to know I'm in good company with people who are looking this far ahead!

Living on the wild side!:scared1:

My FP+ window opened at midnight and I was feeling BOLD! I did the unthinkable and went to bed with no intention of getting up for midnight FP+ (OK OK I have a cold I'm trying to kick but this sounds better) :sad2:

If I was booking a trip for more people or a child who was set on a specific ride or M&G I totally would have stayed up or gotten up at midnight. This trip we didn't really have any must dos that I thought would be hard FP to get, or would even need a FP. (Small World, Trurtle Talk with Crush, Disney Junior Live, Seeing the band in the UK, Dumb for the play ground).

So I booked HS for the 28th I have the following Toy Story Mania 6-7, I have two other FP booked but I doubt we would use them. I only haven't canceled them in case they extend hours and we can reschedule them. If we get to the park this day it won't be till 6 so don't have much time anyway.

The 29th I booked my FP at MK 12-1 Buzz (DHs only request) 1-2 Peter Pan, 2:40-3:40 enchanted tales with Belle. I ended up getting a 8:25 at Hollywood and Vine for breakfast with the Disney Junior characters. I'm not 100% sure I'm going to keep it but I'm leaning towards giving it a try. I figure with an 825 breakfast I should be able to be at the Magic Kingdom 11 the latest (hopefully earlier). princess:

The 30th I first booked my FP for MK then changed them to HS. I would really like to ride Toy Story mania at HS so if we get it in on Saturday I will probably change my FP back to MK. I currently have the following booked Voyage of the Little Mermaid 4:55-5:10, Frozen 535-550, Toy Story Mania 7-8. Issue is we have a 3pm ADR at Rose and Crown, not sure we would make the Little Mermaid, but should be ok for Frozen I think.

*** am I doing! Honestly last time I put so much thought in to my FP and the plan for each day and this time I'm just kinda was winging it. I think mostly because we don't have any must dos and the few that are must dos don't need FP (except for Buzz), I also think I am ok with not doing anything but enjoying the trip so I am not feeling to much pressure to book FP to schedule the day.:confused3

All that being said still some dilemmas:

Do I move my FP for the 30th to MK? Its an EMH at MK on the 30th 8-9 so we are hoping to do that, then Epcot the HS. This will be a long day if we make it, and amazing! :thumbsup2

I think in a perfect world I would be able to get a Hollywood & Vine Breakfast for the 30th, and adjust my plans to go right to MK on the 29th, then on the 30th just do HS and Epcot. But then again doing MK both days would be nice, and it would included a 3 park day!! No idea what I actually want to happen here :scratchin

Some questions:

With DD like Enchanted tales with Belle? Is it even worth it? Will DD get board? The show is 20min right?
Above questions also for Frozen and Disney JR live, I would really like to give them a try too...We have never done any of these before.
Any ride or shows DD will love that I should try to FP?
With such a short trip am I trying to do to much?
Am I totally rambling? I feel like I am rambling! :laughing:

*** am I doing! Honestly last time I put so much thought in to my FP and the plan for each day and this time I'm just kinda was winging it. I think mostly because we don't have any must dos and the few that are must dos don't need FP (except for Buzz), I also think I am ok with not doing anything but enjoying the trip so I am not feeling to much pressure to book FP to schedule the day.:confused3

I think that because this is a "bonus" trip, it's easier to not overplan. Whatever happens, happens. If you don't get to do everything, then you'll just have to go back!

With DD like Enchanted tales with Belle? Is it even worth it? Will DD get board? The show is 20min right?

Whether or not she likes it may depend if she participates. They choose audience members to play parts in the story, and if she wants to participate, it makes the time go by a little faster. If she's just sitting and watching, she may get bored. Even if she doesn't participate, she may get a picture with Belle - they often invite all kids to go up and take a picture. But again, that's where the character hesitancy may come into play.

Above questions also for Frozen and Disney JR live, I would really like to give them a try too...We have never done any of these before.

I've never seen Disney Jr, but ... I love the Frozen Sing Along. It's super funny (for adults at least). And the kids seem to really enjoy singing along - so if she will sing along to all the songs, she'll probably like it.

I think you can do a lot even in a short trip, but try not to stress out if you don't get everything. In my experience, with a short trip, things are a lot more dependent on crowds and weather and moods. The most important thing is to be flexible.

My DD had fun at this one but like Sarah said - she may be bored if she doesn't participate in the show. I am not sure we'd do it again after having done it once - you do need an FP+ though if you want to do it - the line moves VERY slowly without one.

I don't think so - because you already are ok with the fact that you may not actually do everything that you have booked...and that's fine!

My FP+ window opened at midnight and I was feeling BOLD! I did the unthinkable and went to bed with no intention of getting up for midnight FP+ (OK OK I have a cold I'm trying to kick but this sounds better) :sad2:
Awa Feel Better!

f I was booking a trip for more people or a child who was set on a specific ride or M&G I totally would have stayed up or gotten up at midnight. This trip we didn't really have any must dos that I thought would be hard FP to get, or would even need a FP.
I'm getting the feeling we may be the same way with our short trip coming up.

I ended up getting a 8:25 at Hollywood and Vine for breakfast with the Disney Junior characters. I'm not 100% sure I'm going to keep it but I'm leaning towards giving it a try. I figure with an 825 breakfast I should be able to be at the Magic Kingdom 11 the latest (hopefully earlier). princess:
You won't be missing much if you give it up.

Do I move my FP for the 30th to MK? Its an EMH at MK on the 30th 8-9 so we are hoping to do that, then Epcot the HS. This will be a long day if we make it, and amazing! :thumbsup2
I will say this that's a lot of park hoping to eat up time.

I can't remember you DD age (I just remember she's younger than Little MIss) But our experience with enchanted tales is that she would have gotten a bit more out of it had little miss been a tad older. THe involvement in the show is a little much for the under 4 set, but that could also just be my active kid.

You know my opinions on DIsney Junior, Haven't been to the Frozen show so I can't say there.

Any ride or shows DD will love that I should try to FP?
:scratchin If she is in to meeting characters, Tinkerbell or Mickey?

The way I'm working on the plans for our Short trip is to have our Must dos spread out a bit and have a plan filled with all of what we would like to accomplish and buffering the must dos with things that will be alright if we skip. It makes for easy go with the flow park touring while still having a plan. I have found that actual in park touring is more stressful without a plan.

Hi there! I did read your May 2015 trip report, but somehow I just came across this one! We are both from NJ (Somerset County here) so I thought it was interesting to see how you plan to travel with your little one.

Congrats on the 2 trips! We will be in WDW at the same time you are, arriving on 11/28 but staying off-site, 11/29 is our planned MK day for my DD's 9th birthday. We start the 29th with a 8am breakfast ADR at Crystal Palace and ending with a 6:25pm ADR at BOG. 11/30 we are scheduled to be at Epcot.

We are traveling with our 3 kids - DD15, DD9 and DS21months, along with my parents and my sister with her 3 daughters 14, 12 & 9, plus her dog. So our FP+ reservations will be much different, geared more towards what the older kids want to ride and see. Plus I am a little apprehensive for meet & greets as my DS has never had character interaction.

Good luck with the rest of your planning, maybe we will run into each other in one of the parks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter