• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Completed PTR - California or Bust!... But first we WDW! Last Change 3/10

One Month from today!

YAY!!!

We take off at 12:50, which isn’t great as its right after DDs nap time, so the chances of her sleeping on the flight might not be great. But a tentative plan is nap on the way to the airport, run around in the airport (try to not get her to do somersaults in the airport, on our last trip to FL in Sept she was doing somersaults in the airport it was funny and kinda gross) and hopefully nap on the plane, a mom can dream!:rotfl:

Nap on the plane? Really? Does that ever happen?
Not that I have kids, but I hear plenty of people complaining about their kids not wanting to sleep...

Day 1 plans sound great! It's great that you have a backup plan, but I hope you can make it to the park for viewing #1 of the lights!

Cali trip update - really quick update! Dates were finally announced for DHs work trip! They are exactly what we thought...:woohoo:

Yay! Although I'm guessing you would have liked to know this information a little earlier...

Good luck booking the flights! I hope you can find a good flight at a decent price!

You're getting sooo close!! I'm so excited for you!! Your plans sound awesome. I would want to do TSMM and a QS meal because TSMM!!! I found that ride so much fun I wished I could do it over and over!!

Cali trip update - really quick update! Dates were finally announced for DHs work trip! They are exactly what we thought...:woohoo:

Now time to search flights, I did check yesterday and they are up but not totally crazy.

Work is going to be really busy today so I won't have much time to search flights, hopefully tonight!

I'm totally following the Cali stuff, since I have to plan our trip for next December there. I am still trying to figure out the whole hotel and weird off and on site thing that they have going on!

Finally getting a chance to get caught up! Your first day plans look great! I'm jealous of you guys on the East coast who don't have to change time zones to get there! It seems like we loose half a day just traveling :charac2:.

Your trip is coming up so fast! I can't believe we are almost in November.

So cool that your dates for the DL trip came out to what you were wanting!

1 MONTH DANCE!!!!!!!!

TbDrkMAFnlBYY.gif

NL0xhjDvtmfOE.gif

2AilMg2L8rTAA.gif

Nap on the plane? Really? Does that ever happen?
Not that I have kids, but I hear plenty of people complaining about their kids not wanting to sleep...

Day 1 plans sound great! It's great that you have a backup plan, but I hope you can make it to the park for viewing #1 of the lights!

As I type this I fee like I am Jinxing myself, BUT we have done 4 round trips with DD, and out of 8 legs she has slept for over 50% of the flight 7 times..... i know my luck is bound to run out sooner or later I am just hoping its not this day.

I am really hoping we make it for viewing number 1!

Yay! Although I'm guessing you would have liked to know this information a little earlier...

Good luck booking the flights! I hope you can find a good flight at a decent price!

Would have been nice to know it when flights were $100 less per person, but what can I do, hoping too book the flights soon, but I am also wondering is there a chance they go down in price?

You're getting sooo close!! I'm so excited for you!! Your plans sound awesome. I would want to do TSMM and a QS meal because TSMM!!! I found that ride so much fun I wished I could do it over and over!!

I agree its such a fun ride, if only the line wasn't always so crazy maybe we could do it more often!

I'm totally following the Cali stuff, since I have to plan our trip for next December there. I am still trying to figure out the whole hotel and weird off and on site thing that they have going on!

YAHOO! I am excited to plan it but i do feel like there is a lot less planning involved then in a WDW trip! Are you only doing DL or other places too?

Finally getting a chance to get caught up! Your first day plans look great! I'm jealous of you guys on the East coast who don't have to change time zones to get there! It seems like we loose half a day just traveling :charac2:.

Your trip is coming up so fast! I can't believe we are almost in November.

So cool that your dates for the DL trip came out to what you were wanting!

I agree when we go West Coast i feel like we gain time but its so hard with a toddler to figure out the best flight options, open to any suggestions you may have.....

1 MONTH DANCE!!!!!!!!

TbDrkMAFnlBYY.gif

NL0xhjDvtmfOE.gif

2AilMg2L8rTAA.gif

sbtb3.gif

YAHOO! I am excited to plan it but i do feel like there is a lot less planning involved then in a WDW trip! Are you only doing DL or other places too?

I figure if I am taking my 3 minions across the country to California we should do a bit more then just Disneyland. The plan is Disneyland, Legoland, something in LA and something in San Diego I believe. I think we're going to do 3 days at Disneyland, 1 or 2 days at Legoland, 1 day in LA and 2 days in San Diego. I'm just trying to figure out the best way to do it and the best way to fly in and out.

I figure if I am taking my 3 minions across the country to California we should do a bit more then just Disneyland. The plan is Disneyland, Legoland, something in LA and something in San Diego I believe. I think we're going to do 3 days at Disneyland, 1 or 2 days at Legoland, 1 day in LA and 2 days in San Diego. I'm just trying to figure out the best way to do it and the best way to fly in and out.

Similar to us, we are going San Diego then Disneyland then LA. In to SD out of LA. I love the San Diego zoo so we are def doing that!

Last edited:
Similar to us, we are going San Diego then Disneyland then LA. In to SD out of LA. I love the San Diego zoo so we are fed doing that!

I love that southwest makes it easy to fly into one and out of the other. I think we might do LA then San Diego, but I'm waiting till after our Disney World trip to really start planning since Disneyland is still 13 months away.

Hello! I'm sure with that little cutie the plane trip will be A-OK. It's true, even though my kids are grown I totally relate to kids on planes, and being "all growed up myself" even I get twitchy on airplanes. And I think The Count might actually be my favorite Sesame Street character!
Bonus trip and Bonus trip #2 - sounds heavenly! I have not had any issues with the bussing at WDW, so hopefully things will go smoothly for you as well. Looking forward to hearing your plans and how things turn out!

:welcome:!

I just hope our airplane luck doesn't run out anytime soon! Really hoping we get some bus good luck too!

A back up for a back for a back up

Day 2 MK and well…

So we have a bit of a problem, I can’t ever leave well enough alone. I had to go and mention the Candlelight Processional to DH, and then I had to go and mention that Neil Patrick Harris was the narrator on 11/30 and to top off my big mouth I had to go and mention that Gary Sinise was the narrator on 11/29 :scared:. So DH say that sounds cool, and I mean I would rather see Lieutenant Dan over Doogie Howser anyway!
forrest_gump_22_630_pxlw.jpg

or

doogie-howser-411x375c.jpg

Whatever DH whatever.......:rotfl2:

So now I have a few choices, so what I did was come up with three back up plans.. yes 3, so there are 4 plans for this day in total. Personally I don’t care either way on Candlelight Processional, but really want to see the lights so I am hoping for plan 1a, with 1b as a close 2nd choice.

So I made a quick comparison schedule high level:

upload_2015-11-2_21-9-35.png

So here is my back up to the back up to the back up.:confused3

Some issues I am having, fitting Buzz in on any plan that isn’t Plan 1A, Buzz is a must at MK, After Cinderella & Rapunzel (which was changed from Tink earlier) , I figure we can head to Buzz, if I move the FP up a bit that could give us some more room to leave earlier for a break if we need one.

Has anyone watched the Candlelight Processional from the America Pavilion? If we go with Plan 2A or 2B we don’t see the Osborn lights on this night… BLAH! So I am just not sure. It is a PM EMH at Hollywood Studios so we could go after but i just doubt DD would make it.

I would really like to do Plan 1A, but if DD is giving us a hard time I am fine with Plan 1B to get a short break at the hotel. In reality I am ok with any of the plans i just have preferences.
The other option... you know whats going on right now cooking up a scheme :stir: , use skipping the Candlelight Processional as a way to get another holiday trip in 2016 :rolleyes1

Totally over thinking it but I know you will all get me!:thumbsup2

Last edited:
I'm with you on skipping Candlelight Processional as an excuse to go back!

If you're doing this trip as a last chance to see the lights, then I think you need to go with 1A or 1B. You might enjoy CP, but it's not the point of this trip. You gotta stay focused!

I'm with you on skipping Candlelight Processional as an excuse to go back!

If you're doing this trip as a last chance to see the lights, then I think you need to go with 1A or 1B. You might enjoy CP, but it's not the point of this trip. You gotta stay focused!

You get me! I mean the point was the lights we should do the lights!!!

Mickey Mail & this is obviously my kid

So Mickey Mail (magic bands) came yesterday. No I don't have a picture but we all know what the box looks like.

So I open it and show DD and DH well DD was obsessed, and wanted to wear them. Well I know if I let her have them we probably wouldn't be able to have them for the trip, they will be with all the missing single socks.:confused3

She was freaking out we wouldn't let her have them so we gave her the ones from last trip and well the picture speaks for it's self.

image.jpeg

OMG that is the cutest thing ever!!!

Gah...tough call on the plans...I've never seen either the Osborne lights or the CP so hard to say...I would probably say Osborne Lights though...that just seems like more of a unique Disney experience to me?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter