PTR: And now for something completely different - a WDW Family does DLR *(new October 9th)*

Ugh what a pain. But looking forward to seeing the after pictures of the project. Hang in there!

I love these! I've made 2, one for me and one for DM and min is currently hanging on my fridge. I chose the Epcot background too :thumbsup2

These are SO COOL!!! Wow!

Thanks - I know the kitchen will be great when done, just taking a lot longer than I wanted. We actually got the new stove delivered - Judi thought we would be ready for it, but I tried not to remind her that I told her we wouldn't be :rolleyes1

This looks great! You made one last year too didn't you?

Yes I did - and it seemed pretty popular at the meet ... hopefully it is this year as well

Is this still operating?? Or is it next year they're removing it?:confused3

Shoot, you are right, I meant the Mater's Junkyard Jamboree ride - the tire one is closed already. Thanks. I'll edit the post

Totally knock out all of FL rides ASAP! And you're literally going to sprint to Peter Pan and run over anyone that gets in your way. For reals! ::yes::

This is so overlooked! It's such a cool area to visit for the kids. Glad you'll make time for this!

Not sure how much running we can do with the 3 kids but we will hustle. Since they do have PP at WDW probably not the end of the world if we don't get to it ... but would like to check out the differences.

Sorry to hear the kitchen has turned into such a project. And about your transmission :(

Wow, cool stuff from the Worlds Fair!

Plans are looking good! Are you planning on doing any of the Frozen things? Not sure what will be around in October but something to think about factoring in!

At least it is just stuff - and for the most part we have been healthy. Plus things could have been much, much worse with the fire. So everything is annoying and stressful and dragging, but trying to remember it could be worse.

I need to look a bit more into the Frozen stuff and what they will still have in October. I do want to check out their meet & greet area and I am sure Olivia and Peter will want to meet A&E - we did the sing along last year so not a "must do" but will spend a bit more time looking inot it. Thanks!

I'm afraid I'm not much help on the Disneyland planning front (other than moral support? :-) ), but your initial plans sound good to me.

Remodel projects always take longer than expected and come with lots of surprises... I hope things start turning around and become easier. :goodvibes I can't wait to see the finished product (and I'm sure you can't, either!).

I LOVE the sticker! :thumbsup2

I also love the items from the World's Fair! How fun!

You are so right I can't wait to see the finished product. I think part of the frustration is that with insurance only covering 1/2 the cost we are trying to be a bit thrifty so the work is getting done not with a huge crew but with someone we know when he has time, etc. ... plus we watch way too much HGTV when all the renovations get done in like an hour so this feels like it is taking forever :rotfl:

Loving the Worlds Fair stuff. Thanks for sharing!!!!

Glad you found it interesting. Just thought it was funny to come across it right as I have been reading the Before Tomorrowland book which covers the 1939 Worlds Fair. Must have been so cool to get to go to that ... or the 1963 one of course.

We did that sticker too! But now I have no idea what to stick it on.....

Those worlds fair items are amazingly cool! Looks like the prototype for the Epcot golf ball behind your dad in the picture.

Since we've never been to DL I'm no help, but your plans sound good to me!

I know! I mean, guess we could put it on the car but it is pretty big and definitely opaque

Never thought about the EPCOT ball being like that ball in the picture, but makes sense if it was a bit of inspiration to the imagineers

Oh Phil, I am so sorry this has been such a struggle.

Thank goodness for Warranty though. Certainly a pain, but at least it doesn't come out of the Disneyland fund.

Thanks Rob, just stressful and taking longer than we would have liked - but things could definitely be worse and it is just stuff and an inconvenience. Many people are much worse off

No you do not.

That is really cool!!!!!!

Wow, that looks familiar!

Yeah, it's funny how it kinda looks like the entrance to EPCOT, never really thought of it, but wonder if there was some inspiration taken from that :confused3

Yup, that sounds about right. I know there is some advice out there about what side to stand on to "beat the crowd" (I think "right").

Not that you don't know, but just as an FYI that Soarin' is in a different "land". :)

Um... ok...

Yes, I believe it is to keep to the right, so that will be the plan!

Yeah, I guess I was kinda lumping that area in with the Grizzy River Run area, but true, might not be as close in real life

Well, I do want to check out IASW and see the characters placed and stuff ... hopefully I survive ;)

Plans look terrific!!! I would definitely recommend the Aladdin show if you can squeeze it in. It's fantastic!!!

+1 on that! :genie: They really do an amazing job with it.

I do need to spend a bit more time looking at the different shows. I have heard very good things about the Aladdin show. We did see it on broadway so wouldn't be the end of the world if we don't have time ... though, having time to sit and relax a bit would probably be good at times.

That's awful about the kitchen. And no sink for a month? Is Judi ready to hang someone? I would be.

Thank God the transmission is under warranty, but sorry it happened at all.

Love your Disney Stick Family sticker. :)

How cool is that stuff you found of your dad's!

I love your auction item and I love that you guys do this for GKTW.

As I've not been to Disneyland (and it's obviously not happening any time soon with the move), I can't help on that (I know Alicia can and did), but the plans sound great.

Oh, I'm so sorry about the kitchen and car troubles. All of that is such a hassle to deal with on top of the everyday crazy of life!

I love the old finds form the World's Fair!

And I have no advice on DL or DCA. I've heard nothing but good things about Paint the Night so I'm excited to read your review and see pictures of that!

Good luck with the kitchen. When we renovated ours, it took three months. But that is me and DH doing all the work ourselves. Let me tell you, slow cookers (and slow cooker liners!) were our best friend. :)

That is awesome and amazing that you have stuff from the Worlds Fair. Thanks for sharing!

And yay for beer!!! Looks great! Do you mind if I snag the pic to post on the meet's Facebook page? Have you liked the DisMeet Facebook page?!

See ya real soon!!! (2 weeks to be exact!)

That's awful about the kitchen. And no sink for a month? Is Judi ready to hang someone? I would be.

Thank God the transmission is under warranty, but sorry it happened at all.

Love your Disney Stick Family sticker. :)

How cool is that stuff you found of your dad's!

I love your auction item and I love that you guys do this for GKTW.

As I've not been to Disneyland (and it's obviously not happening any time soon with the move), I can't help on that (I know Alicia can and did), but the plans sound great.

It's definitely getting to be stressful but Judi is hanging in there like a trooper. We've not been very eco though as going through a lot of paper plates and cups

Hey, if I can do something that involves beer and helps children, it's definitely a win-win :thumbsup2

Oh, I'm so sorry about the kitchen and car troubles. All of that is such a hassle to deal with on top of the everyday crazy of life!

I love the old finds form the World's Fair!

And I have no advice on DL or DCA. I've heard nothing but good things about Paint the Night so I'm excited to read your review and see pictures of that!

I was happy to find those pictures and just so funny that just reading the book that has action taking place at the 1939 Worlds Fair

Really excited about Paint the Night - trying to do my best and not spoil any of the special shows before our trip (so far so good, but still some time to go)

Good luck with the kitchen. When we renovated ours, it took three months. But that is me and DH doing all the work ourselves. Let me tell you, slow cookers (and slow cooker liners!) were our best friend. :)

That is awesome and amazing that you have stuff from the Worlds Fair. Thanks for sharing!

And yay for beer!!! Looks great! Do you mind if I snag the pic to post on the meet's Facebook page? Have you liked the DisMeet Facebook page?!

See ya real soon!!! (2 weeks to be exact!)

Yeah, we are doing some work ourselves or having friends we know do it off ours from their day jobs, etc. - trying to save a little. Definitely lost that time with needing the engineer to come in and stuff.

Definitely feel free to post a pic. I have liked the DISmeet facebook page and I sent them a message with the picture and detail of what is in the basket ... but hey, post away!

Yeah! Very happy to see you again!

Oh, I don't envy your kitchen situation at the moment - the lack of sink, especially! I hope it can get finished quickly.

Cute sticker!

Michael would love that basket of beer - he is a huge beer lover!

Your DL plans look great. I can't wait to read all about your experience with Carsland!

First, just an update on the kitchen - this has turned into a way bigger job than we originally thought demo showed that the back corner of the house was basically only being supported by rotten posts (and thus not really being supported) so we had to have an engineer come in and rebuild that part. Now we found we need to re-frame the window and also figure out what to do for insulation as the exterior walls were built with 2x4 not 2x6 so regular insulation doesn't really fit. Oh well, seeing some progress but just taking longer than I hoped - we are pushing a month with not kitchen sink at this point.
Yuck. Sounds like a huge PITA. Sorry things aren't going along as smoothly as you'd like.

Oh, and then the transmission went on my car so that is currently being replaced (under warranty, but still, more hassle).
:headache:

On the bright side, we had seen a promotion through Disney Parks for a free "stick figure family" sticker and that arrived recently and I thought came out pretty cute ... and hey, you don't often see "free" and "Disney" in the same sentence:
Hey! That looks cool! And it is definitely very rare that you get something free from Disney.

One other thing, those of you that have seen Tomorrowland - or more specifically read the prequel book "Before Tomorrowland" - might find this fun. A lot of the prequel book takes place around the 1939 Worlds Fair. I was cleaning up an area of the house and found some stuff of my dads which included pictures and souvenirs from the 1939 worlds fair that he apparently went to - that's him in the picture below:
Wow! That's really some cool stuff. I haven't seen Tomorrowland yet, but I really want to. I'll need to check out the prequel book as well.

Lastly, I finished pulling together everything for the PA Beer Basket which will be one of the auction items at the Hershey DISmeet to raise money for Give Kids the World. Was actually fun to put together and think it will be of interest to the beer lovers in the group
Just forget the auction and send it to me.

- California Adventure park opening, head right to Carsland and ride Radiator Springs Racers and/or get Fastpasses for it, depending on wait
I was going to say make sure you definitely do both... but then are you going in after an early entry morning at DCA? That could make it a little bit more difficult.

- Early entry to DLP - head to Fantasyland and try to do as many rides as we can that don't have FP:
Good plan, but very ambitious. As I mentioned in our TR, it really took a lot longer to get through a few of those than we ever expected. Hopefully with Early Entry you won't be fighting nearly as much of a crowd.

But with 2 mornings in DL, you should be able to get through the non-FP stuff pretty easily.

First, just an update on the kitchen - this has turned into a way bigger job than we originally thought demo showed that the back corner of the house was basically only being supported by rotten posts (and thus not really being supported) so we had to have an engineer come in and rebuild that part. Now we found we need to re-frame the window and also figure out what to do for insulation as the exterior walls were built with 2x4 not 2x6 so regular insulation doesn't really fit. Oh well, seeing some progress but just taking longer than I hoped - we are pushing a month with not kitchen sink at this point.

Isn't it always a bigger job then expected... the worst but i feel like its never as simple as it should be :headache:

Your plans look amazing! I am paying EXTRA attention now as i am hoping to go to DLR in May of 2016 :rolleyes1! I think we will only get 2 maybe 2 and half park days with a little more time in southern California, but since you have done WDW more and so have I, I am looking forward to the rest of your PTR and your TR (hoping you'll do one) so i can see what your thoughts are, and i think your youngest daughter will be about the age my DD will be!

Your plan looks awesome! You are covering everything, glad you wrote down the Redwood creek trail area, the kids will have a blast there. Also glad to hear your transmission is covered under warranty - with everythngi else going on that was a huge chunk of change to add to it.

Very cool photos you found from the worlds fair! That is awesome. I haven't seen the movie yet but we'll plan to when it comes out on DVD.

Oh, I don't envy your kitchen situation at the moment - the lack of sink, especially! I hope it can get finished quickly.

Cute sticker!

Michael would love that basket of beer - he is a huge beer lover!

Your DL plans look great. I can't wait to read all about your experience with Carsland!

We are making progress with the kitchen - finished up structural elements over the weekend along with some final plumbing and Judi put in the insulation last night and drywall should be going up today ... so getting there.

I knew there was something about Micheal I liked ;)

I am hoping all of Carsland is a positive experience ... I am dreading the scenario where Peter is too short to ride Radiator Springs Racers and has a melt down

Yuck. Sounds like a huge PITA. Sorry things aren't going along as smoothly as you'd like.

:headache:

Hey! That looks cool! And it is definitely very rare that you get something free from Disney.

Wow! That's really some cool stuff. I haven't seen Tomorrowland yet, but I really want to. I'll need to check out the prequel book as well.
Just forget the auction and send it to me.

At least we are seeing some progress now with the kitchen - and in the long run will be better to have this stuff taken care of. Just getting old to not have a sink :rotfl:

For a sizable donation to Give Kids the World I will happily send you the beer basket - or make up a custom one for you ;)

I was going to say make sure you definitely do both... but then are you going in after an early entry morning at DCA? That could make it a little bit more difficult.

Good plan, but very ambitious. As I mentioned in our TR, it really took a lot longer to get through a few of those than we ever expected. Hopefully with Early Entry you won't be fighting nearly as much of a crowd.

But with 2 mornings in DL, you should be able to get through the non-FP stuff pretty easily.

Since we are not staying at a Disney hotel we won't have access to an early entry to DCA so I know we are at a bit of a disadvantage when it comes to Radiator Springs Racers ... but hopefully keeping some flexibility will allow us to at least ride it once

Yeah, not sure how much of Fantasyland we will be able to get through. If you have some thoughts for which attractions are most beneficial to do during Early Entry I am definitely welcoming of that information

Isn't it always a bigger job then expected... the worst but i feel like its never as simple as it should be :headache:

Your plans look amazing! I am paying EXTRA attention now as i am hoping to go to DLR in May of 2016 :rolleyes1! I think we will only get 2 maybe 2 and half park days with a little more time in southern California, but since you have done WDW more and so have I, I am looking forward to the rest of your PTR and your TR (hoping you'll do one) so i can see what your thoughts are, and i think your youngest daughter will be about the age my DD will be!

Definitely turning into a bigger job ... just everything with this house seems like it takes 3 times as long as it should. Lesson is - never buy an old house unless you have a lot of money and somewhere else to stay while repairs are going on ;)

Oooh, hope you get to go (and hope they keep some of the 60th anniversary stuff until then). Hopefully this PTR and the TR will be helpful to you ... that is what I have been trying to seek out the most - how to best tour Disneyland if you are a WDW veteran.

Your plan looks awesome! You are covering everything, glad you wrote down the Redwood creek trail area, the kids will have a blast there. Also glad to hear your transmission is covered under warranty - with everythngi else going on that was a huge chunk of change to add to it.

Very cool photos you found from the worlds fair! That is awesome. I haven't seen the movie yet but we'll plan to when it comes out on DVD.

Thanks! Yeah, that area looks fund and definitely learning that you have to plan for some time at the play areas for the kids to run around and burn off some energy.

We enjoyed the movie quite a bit (third act gets a little convoluted and feel like another round of editing would have helped). Interested to see what extras they have on the DVD. The movie covers the 1964 Worlds Fair while the prequel book covers the 1939 one.

Yeah, not sure how much of Fantasyland we will be able to get through. If you have some thoughts for which attractions are most beneficial to do during Early Entry I am definitely welcoming of that information
I think you're on the right track with your priority rides. PP is definitely the big one. And I considered mentioning this... but it isn't like I have a ton of Disneyland experience. But I think if I had it to do over again, I'd have bypassed PP when we got there. The queue inside the building was already full and it was backed up to the exterior. Now, it may not be so bad going there with early entry. But I think if I had it to do over again, I'd have just bypassed PP and gone to do maybe Storybookland Boats/Toad/Alice (1,2 or all 3 depending on how quickly you can get through them) and then just came back. While they built up lines during the first hour or so, PP seemed like it got slammed and then stayed pretty constant. But a real Disneyland veteran with more experience than I have could probably speak to this a little bit better than I can.

I'm glad the kitchen is coming along. I cannot believe you've been doing without basic kitchen fixtures for so long! :faint:

Thank goodness your transmission is under warranty! :thumbsup2 I can speak from experience that having one go out NOT under warranty is sickening. After some major bargaining and doughnut gifting, I think I managed to get the total down to around $3k. And then the car lasted like another year or so before the engine went. :sad2:

That 1939 World's Fair stuff is super cool! We saw the movie, but I don't know anything about the prequel. That ball really makes me think of Epcot, though.

Your plans sound good to me, but I do have a deficit of DL experience. Looking forward to hearing more!

Your plans look great! We just made a first visit to DL a couple of weeks ago, and found that RSR has a way of throwing a wrench into the best laid plans... it goes down quite frequently. The first day we planned a "get a fast pass as soon as DCA opens" attack we ended up waiting 30m for them to open the ride (and the fastpass line). Twice we went back for our fastpass time to find the ride down. Which is good, because you can then use your FP anytime, but bad, because you just hauled everyone to the back corner of Cars Land and now you have to figure out a new plan of action.

We were there 5 days and never felt like we figured out the best way to do DL.. so my best advice is to just roll with it and enjoy what you do get to see!! Pirates and the hatbox ghost are AMAZING, big thunder has a cool scene that WDW doesn't have, and space mountain is an entirely different ride. We were, however, totally let down by Splash - it's vastly better in FL. My middlest will ride that one 3-4x a day if we're willing at WDW, and we rode it once the whole trip at DL.

Enjoy your trip! It's so fun to experience a whole new park. =)

Seriously, I'm watching the thread but it never tells me when you update it?? I'm going to have to see if it works of I unwatch and rewatch it. Fingers crossed that it works.

I am all caught up now.

Luckily we're friends on Facebook so I've kept it on real life and now know where your plans are.

Yay for kitchen! Boo for transmission problems :(

I do love your stick figure family though, it's fab.

How cool that your Dad was at the World's Fair! And all those clippings are just awesome. What a treat.

I'm not into beer but I do think your basket will probably do well at the DISmeet. (Which is coming up this weekend? Right?)

Your days at the parks look great (for someone who knows nothing about DLR/DCA) and I hope they all work out. They seem doable and like you'll hit a lot of the major stuff.

I think you're on the right track with your priority rides. PP is definitely the big one. And I considered mentioning this... but it isn't like I have a ton of Disneyland experience. But I think if I had it to do over again, I'd have bypassed PP when we got there. The queue inside the building was already full and it was backed up to the exterior. Now, it may not be so bad going there with early entry. But I think if I had it to do over again, I'd have just bypassed PP and gone to do maybe Storybookland Boats/Toad/Alice (1,2 or all 3 depending on how quickly you can get through them) and then just came back. While they built up lines during the first hour or so, PP seemed like it got slammed and then stayed pretty constant. But a real Disneyland veteran with more experience than I have could probably speak to this a little bit better than I can.

Good to know about Peter Pan. Given they have that at WDW not sure if it is a "must do" for us and would rather do more of the DLR only rides first - guess we'll see what the line looks like.

I'm glad the kitchen is coming along. I cannot believe you've been doing without basic kitchen fixtures for so long! :faint:

Thank goodness your transmission is under warranty! :thumbsup2 I can speak from experience that having one go out NOT under warranty is sickening. After some major bargaining and doughnut gifting, I think I managed to get the total down to around $3k. And then the car lasted like another year or so before the engine went. :sad2:

That 1939 World's Fair stuff is super cool! We saw the movie, but I don't know anything about the prequel. That ball really makes me think of Epcot, though.

Your plans sound good to me, but I do have a deficit of DL experience. Looking forward to hearing more!

We have walls and some paint done and the floors should go down this weekend, so getting there.

ugh, that is always the worst when your car needs pretty major repairs and you aren't sure if you should get it fixed (not knowing how much longer life the car has) or scrap it.

I had never heard of any connection between the Worlds Fair ball and Spaceship Earth but definitely wouldn't surprise me if that was part of the inspiration

Your plans look great! We just made a first visit to DL a couple of weeks ago, and found that RSR has a way of throwing a wrench into the best laid plans... it goes down quite frequently. The first day we planned a "get a fast pass as soon as DCA opens" attack we ended up waiting 30m for them to open the ride (and the fastpass line). Twice we went back for our fastpass time to find the ride down. Which is good, because you can then use your FP anytime, but bad, because you just hauled everyone to the back corner of Cars Land and now you have to figure out a new plan of action.

We were there 5 days and never felt like we figured out the best way to do DL.. so my best advice is to just roll with it and enjoy what you do get to see!! Pirates and the hatbox ghost are AMAZING, big thunder has a cool scene that WDW doesn't have, and space mountain is an entirely different ride. We were, however, totally let down by Splash - it's vastly better in FL. My middlest will ride that one 3-4x a day if we're willing at WDW, and we rode it once the whole trip at DL.

Enjoy your trip! It's so fun to experience a whole new park. =)

Thanks for your thoughts! Definitely think we will try to be flexible. Good to know about Splash and may make that a lower priority. Definitely excited to see the Hatbox Ghost and the inside part of Big Thunder

I've read a few TR's where there were multiple things down at CA and seemed to throw off the plan as you go around just to find things down. Like you said - gotta role with it. I think as long as we get on RSR once I will be ok with things.

Seriously, I'm watching the thread but it never tells me when you update it?? I'm going to have to see if it works of I unwatch and rewatch it. Fingers crossed that it works.

I am all caught up now.

Luckily we're friends on Facebook so I've kept it on real life and now know where your plans are.

Yay for kitchen! Boo for transmission problems :(

I do love your stick figure family though, it's fab.

How cool that your Dad was at the World's Fair! And all those clippings are just awesome. What a treat.

I'm not into beer but I do think your basket will probably do well at the DISmeet. (Which is coming up this weekend? Right?)

Your days at the parks look great (for someone who knows nothing about DLR/DCA) and I hope they all work out. They seem doable and like you'll hit a lot of the major stuff.

I find the same thing that some threads I am following I get alerted every time anyone posts anything - and then others, nothing. I assume it is something to do with setting somewhere, but beats me :confused3

I thought the stick figure family was a pretty cool thing, and just something fun ... and *gasp* free! ;)

I was very excited to come across those worlds fair items (funny what you find when you clean :laughing:)

The DISmeet is this weekend - actually in PA right now and the kick-off event is tonight. Actually was just thinking of you as I remember last year it was right after a quote from you had been read on a DISunplugged podcast and Dustin had mis-pronounced your screen name ... and on this past episode Dustin read a quote I had submitted but referred to me as "Phil ... I am not even going to attempt to pronounce your last name" - so I am going to have to mention that to him.

Hitting the major stuff - and the minor stuff that is unique to Disneyland - is definitely the priority. Hopefully that works out and we don't feel like we missed anything major.

I find the same thing that some threads I am following I get alerted every time anyone posts anything - and then others, nothing. I assume it is something to do with setting somewhere, but beats me :confused3

I thought the stick figure family was a pretty cool thing, and just something fun ... and *gasp* free! ;)

I was very excited to come across those worlds fair items (funny what you find when you clean :laughing:)

The DISmeet is this weekend - actually in PA right now and the kick-off event is tonight. Actually was just thinking of you as I remember last year it was right after a quote from you had been read on a DISunplugged podcast and Dustin had mis-pronounced your screen name ... and on this past episode Dustin read a quote I had submitted but referred to me as "Phil ... I am not even going to attempt to pronounce your last name" - so I am going to have to mention that to him.

Hitting the major stuff - and the minor stuff that is unique to Disneyland - is definitely the priority. Hopefully that works out and we don't feel like we missed anything major.

Okay I'm glad I'm not the only one. I did get this notification but that's cause you quoted me I think. So who knows what will happen. I'll just make myself a note to check up in case I forget.

Free and Disney aren't words you hear enough and when you do go ahead and snatch it up.

Ooh have tons of fun at the meet! I remember that too, from last year. I haven't caught up on the shows for this week yet but I'm planning on doing so this weekend so I'll keep in mind that he's talking about you :P Do mention it, hold Dustin accountable.

I'm sure that there'll be probably one thing you'll feel like you missed (isn't there always?) but hopefully you'll hit enough of it that you can hold it for another trip in the future.

Finally got all caught up! Your trip plans sound awesome so far, I'm excited to see how it goes for you guys! The week you are going is the same week we're hoping to make our next DL trip in a couple of years. Since our last trip was around ODD & YDD's birthday, the next is going to be around MDD's birthday (Oct. 15th - hopefully 2017 but so much can change in a couple of years) - added bonus for Halloween time fun!

Your kiddos are adorable! I laugh every time I see your signature - my YDD and your DS sound similar. Ha!

That stick figure family is awesome!

I love all the World's Fair stuff as well. My Great Grandmother wrote a song for the 1962 World's Fair in Seattle. My parents have a 45 of it somewhere in the basement at their house :)

Okay I'm glad I'm not the only one. I did get this notification but that's cause you quoted me I think. So who knows what will happen. I'll just make myself a note to check up in case I forget.

Free and Disney aren't words you hear enough and when you do go ahead and snatch it up.

Ooh have tons of fun at the meet! I remember that too, from last year. I haven't caught up on the shows for this week yet but I'm planning on doing so this weekend so I'll keep in mind that he's talking about you :P Do mention it, hold Dustin accountable.

I'm sure that there'll be probably one thing you'll feel like you missed (isn't there always?) but hopefully you'll hit enough of it that you can hold it for another trip in the future.

I'm going to post about the meet shortly but did want to let you know Friday night I mentioned the name thing and he was all "How do you pronounce it?!?!?" I mean, it isn't that hard - as long as you have seen Ferris Bueller's Day Off:

Finally got all caught up! Your trip plans sound awesome so far, I'm excited to see how it goes for you guys! The week you are going is the same week we're hoping to make our next DL trip in a couple of years. Since our last trip was around ODD & YDD's birthday, the next is going to be around MDD's birthday (Oct. 15th - hopefully 2017 but so much can change in a couple of years) - added bonus for Halloween time fun!

Your kiddos are adorable! I laugh every time I see your signature - my YDD and your DS sound similar. Ha!

That stick figure family is awesome!

I love all the World's Fair stuff as well. My Great Grandmother wrote a song for the 1962 World's Fair in Seattle. My parents have a 45 of it somewhere in the basement at their house :)

We've done that week to WDW in the past - it was surprising crowded last trip, but hoping that mid-week the crowds at DLR should be relatively low that week.

Good story about my son from yesterday as there was a special local movie showing that my wife along with several of her friends took all the kids to and my wife's response was "it went well, Peter only got his head stuck in the seat once!" :rotfl2:

That's so cool that your great grandmother wrote a song for the 1962 World's Fair! Looking back on all this makes me want want to go to one!

Great, now I just spent the past 1/2 hour looking at youtubes of the 1962 World's Fair .... wonder if this was the song. I like the promise "have fun with the happy-go-lucky crowds!"

I'm going to post about the meet shortly but did want to let you know Friday night I mentioned the name thing and he was all "How do you pronounce it?!?!?" I mean, it isn't that hard - as long as you have seen Ferris Bueller's Day Off:

We've done that week to WDW in the past - it was surprising crowded last trip, but hoping that mid-week the crowds at DLR should be relatively low that week.

Good story about my son from yesterday as there was a special local movie showing that my wife along with several of her friends took all the kids to and my wife's response was "it went well, Peter only got his head stuck in the seat once!" :rotfl2:

That's so cool that your great grandmother wrote a song for the 1962 World's Fair! Looking back on all this makes me want want to go to one!

Great, now I just spent the past 1/2 hour looking at youtubes of the 1962 World's Fair .... wonder if this was the song. I like the promise "have fun with the happy-go-lucky crowds!"

Friends of ours did around that week last October at Disneyland and also commented that it was busier than they were expecting (and it was also really hot too, I believe).

That is hilarious! I can totally see my youngest having a similar experience in a movie theater. Rarely a dull moment! :rotfl:

I'd love to go to a World's Fair too. What a fun video! That isn't the song, I haven't been able to find any info on it online by googling the lyrics or my Great Grandma's name and the song title. It was most likely unofficial, my mom is flying to AK right now with my Grandma (Great Grandma is my mom's paternal grandmother) so they might remember more details.

YouTube is such a time suck. I can get lost watching videos for way too long :surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter