PTR-2015 Year of a million trips….oh maybe only five. UPD 9/22 lnk to video

Definitely!! I post pics to instagram while on vacation- and staying at New resorts basically the whole trip, I'll.have lots.of.photos!

You're staying at poly in July? The dvc rooms, right? I can't remember.
We are staying in a dvc studio end of our trip! I can let you know how it is!

Oh how I DON'T miss driving to Disney (we did that for the boys first four or five trips from our home in Illinois). The next time I'm driving to Florida is October 1 2016 when I move there. :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Breakfast at Country Inn & Suites is usually pretty good for "free" food.

I'm glad you got there safe and sound and that check-in was a breeze. Sorry that dinner wasn't very good.

Definitely!! I post pics to instagram while on vacation- and staying at New resorts basically the whole trip, I'll.have lots.of.photos!

You're staying at poly in July? The dvc rooms, right? I can't remember.
We are staying in a dvc studio end of our trip! I can let you know how it is!

From the looks of your siggie we have similar resorts tastes (at least this year). We will be at the Poly (dvc studios) and AKV (kidani studio) in July...and I was just at POFQ (which is kind of like POR). Haha! Your trip is in 4 days!! How exciting! Hope its full of magic!

Oh how I DON'T miss driving to Disney (we did that for the boys first four or five trips from our home in Illinois). The next time I'm driving to Florida is October 1 2016 when I move there. :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Breakfast at Country Inn & Suites is usually pretty good for "free" food.

I'm glad you got there safe and sound and that check-in was a breeze. Sorry that dinner wasn't very good.

Yeah, you wouldn't have to twist my arm to drive to Disney if I was moving there. ;)

I was beyond relieved that we made it without any major incidents so while I complained about the drive nothing bad happened so I guess I need to be thankful for that.

Dinner was just weird. I don't remember having anything that was just that BAD at Disney but I filled up on fries so it wasn't that big of a deal.

I just started catching up on your report last night. Hopefully I will get to the point of commenting soon.

Saturday, May 16-Day 3

This morning I didn’t really have any plans for us because I wasn’t certain how exhausted we would be from the drive. We ended up getting up around 7am and took our time getting ready.

We took a few pictures of our “Garden view” right outside our door. I was really surprised at how much I loved this resort. If only this was a balcony and not a walk path. ;)

788F4663-091A-4064-B06C-A2FAD1B46E9A_zpsihwzl0ze.jpg

84412203-094F-4458-B281-EBCE6E107F81_zpszmngsalf.jpg

32157F47-83A1-4DDA-8F3D-9959DF01CE27_zpszmf5ltyh.jpg

85906A4C-8DC5-4BA8-AD11-94EF4EBFF734_zpsjahmngjj.jpg

We went to Sassagoula food court area for breakfast. We both grabbed a piece of fruit and HAD to get the beignets for breakfast. I think they are a POFQ necessity. Of course we both had black on so eating them when they were completely covered in powdered sugar was a challenge since the powdered sugar was everywhere. Haha!

ACD3D161-25A3-4340-A05A-859C38D71D63_zpsqekisydv.jpg

4666DF9A-45F5-4C7A-A047-82A41B171190_zpsmbtbaequ.jpg

We ran a few errands before driving over to Animal Kingdom. This was my first time driving to a park and taking the tram in. It was an event that required photographic proof.

20EE6A1A-9032-430B-B2A4-E486E94E4094_zps73vfuhuk.jpg

FF445EAC-17A6-4BD0-BA48-948B5168C523_zpsiybf7k4v.jpg

1BC78C4E-A23D-4DE1-9F26-41F0F1CC768E_zpsxtgf9afi.jpg

Right after we entered the park an event happened that we have no photographic proof. Olivia had an unfortunate incident with a bird. This unphotographed incident required some clean up in the bathroom. She was a trooper though and laughed it off. ;)

So great to see the tree with limited walls.

CB814B00-9B90-4156-A210-950A38300C7A_zpsnj0ylgsq.jpg

We wondered around some and decided to go to the 1PM Festival of the Lion King show. These were by far the hottest 20 minutes of the entire trip. I’m not certain why when Disney moved the FOLK why they didn’t make all the queuing area shade. It was hot!
The show was great, as usual. And I had the additional entertainment of sitting by a mid-teen-aged boy who was beyond excited about the show. Sometimes seeing the first time excitement in others really brings the magic to life.

BD4361E3-DC8A-4C81-9549-67B8B78DCE28_zpstwagy3p1.jpg

We had 1:45PM Tusker House ADR. The food here was as wonderful as I remembered. This was one of those meals that I really was sad I couldn’t eat more (and we ate plenty). These were my plates:

B4EBAE29-14A1-49FF-AC80-BE0A797656ED_zpsbpgi0kyz.jpg

245642AC-E018-43F5-8787-28C38FFE1C87_zpsbkgq08mv.jpg

F1EE221D-C321-4EBC-852E-A2EB82C1D2A7_zpsy7bbtaym.jpg

We had pretty quick interactions with the characters and that was mostly ok. I think character greeting tends to be awkward at these dinner locations. Donald skipped up completely but we just decided to not worry about it. Goofy was funny and was crouching down to be short. Haha! Again no pictures of Olivia. I think she took them all on her phone.

082AB6E0-678F-4637-86ED-474E5543CE43_zpsuvmtfxye.jpg

AE264385-0771-481D-A689-D23667DF469D_zpsmid9wbad.jpg

0F8A6F98-5D27-42CC-A293-02972FF93D42_zps9ibtkur1.jpg

B85EB862-45D9-4B4C-9CCE-83646B75EE6B_zpsppiyea9f.jpg

We made sure to be in everyone's home videos by being a part of the "kids" parade around the room. Once again I loved this meal and it is going to be hard to skip in July. So moving on we road Everest and saw It’s Tough to be a Bug (I think I like this more and more every time. The terror it causes to newbies cracks me up).

Next up was the Mickey and Minnie meet (FP). At this point we were tired. Like….we needed a nap right now tired. We managed to stay in the line and had 2 awkward moments. The first was when the lady in line behind us asked us if we were in line. Ummmm…Yes. Why else would we be there? It was just weird. I don’t know if it was because we are adults or what? And the timing was odd. It was when we were in the final room after being in line in front of her for 20 minutes.

Then when we met Mickey and Minnie…..Minnie chose to be pretty standoff-ish with us. Probably because she knows Mickey is really MY true love. Haha!

BC5A6B14-54E5-41D6-B7C9-ED6B3692940F_zpsgrqlek70.jpg

We had about an hour until our Dinosaur FP but decided to skip it and head back to the resort to grab a quick nap. I rarely nap EVER so this is proof that we were really tired. (and ended up being a good choice since I got an email that Dinosaur was down so had we stayed to only have it go down would have been a bummer).

I stayed at POFQ for like 2 nights about 4 years ago LoL I loved it, and I know POR is bigger, but excited to try it out, even though it's just for one night! I told Huns we have to go to POFQ for beignets because, we are too close not to!! :)

Yes, we do have similar resort taste!! The hubs and I keep thinking we will try out an epcot dvc, but always choose somewhere else! Plus, we fell in love with AKL when we stayed in October. And our oldest loves the community room at kidani! It's the best one- and I've heard that from other cms at other community halls! They all comment on how they wish they worked at that one!:lmao:

I agree- it seems so much hotter waiting for FOTLK Now :(
The new venue is great, but waiting is too hot sometimes. :confused3They need more fans, or shade, or something :umbrella:

I still need to pack!! :rotfl::eek:
This week has been so busy, plus I watched the Cavs sweep the hawks last night, so laundry and packing got pushed til tomorrow night ::yes:: LoL

I love the view at POFQ!
And yeah, black + powdered sugar = disaster. (Flour, in case you were curious, is a similar problem - I learned that once while baking bread in a black t-shirt)

Bird incidents ... you just can't avoid them.

I love the character pictures! Goofy is hysterical (although a little mean ... not everyone can be that tall!)

And I really love your shirt! It's so cute!

Your view at POFQ is quite lovely.

Yes, wearing black and powdered sugar...probably not a good combo. I have to admit...I did not care for the beignets. :duck:

I can't remember the last time we took a tram at AK. We usually park really close and walk it to the front (or the rare occasion we take a bus).

We've never done lunch or dinner at Tusker House...only breakfast. I'll have to ask Mark if he has any interest.

I love your pictures with the characters.

That was a weird experience while waiting for Mickey and Minnie. :confused3

I noticed that about the Lion King show...very little shade at all (even with a FP!).

:rotfl:
I stayed at POFQ for like 2 nights about 4 years ago LoL I loved it, and I know POR is bigger, but excited to try it out, even though it's just for one night! I told Huns we have to go to POFQ for beignets because, we are too close not to!! :)

Can't wait to hear about all your resort stays. I have always thought I was a POFQ girl more than POR but the day I ran over there I completely fell in love with it (and the pool area looks much better....POFQ one weakness-seems very dated). We are hoping to make a quickie trip this fall and POR is one of the resorts I am eyeing. ;)

Yes, we do have similar resort taste!! The hubs and I keep thinking we will try out an epcot dvc, but always choose somewhere else! Plus, we fell in love with AKL when we stayed in October. And our oldest loves the community room at kidani! It's the best one- and I've heard that from other cms at other community halls! They all comment on how they wish they worked at that one!:lmao:

Yup, Love Kidani too! ;)

I agree- it seems so much hotter waiting for FOTLK Now :(
The new venue is great, but waiting is too hot sometimes. :confused3They need more fans, or shade, or something :umbrella:

Yeah, it was kind of a disaster. I was frantically applying more sunscreen and then I was pretty much just sweating it right back off. Yuck! BUT FOLK is worth it (I think....).
I still need to pack!! :rotfl::eek:
This week has been so busy, plus I watched the Cavs sweep the hawks last night, so laundry and packing got pushed til tomorrow night ::yes:: LoL
I'm a last minute packer so I say don't worry about it. It will get done....and watching the Cavs is a great excuse. I forgot you were a fellow Ohioan. Remind me where you live?

I love the view at POFQ!

It was so perfect and peaceful there!
And yeah, black + powdered sugar = disaster. (Flour, in case you were curious, is a similar problem - I learned that once while baking bread in a black t-shirt)
We went to great effort to be careful and thankfully did a pretty good job of staying powder free. The same can't be said of other families that morning! :rotfl:
Bird incidents ... you just can't avoid them.

Yeah they just come out of no where.

I love the character pictures! Goofy is hysterical (although a little mean ... not everyone can be that tall!)

I find characters tend to be less magical at character meals but Goofy was pretty fun with us.

And I really love your shirt! It's so cute!

Thanks! It was a last minute purchase right before the trip. I normally would say it's a HS shirt but with SW stuff going on it got booted to AK (I always seem to have trouble finding clothes for this park).

Your view at POFQ is quite lovely.

I really loved our stay here. It was especially sweet considering up until just a few weeks before we left we were planning on staying at POP.

Yes, wearing black and powdered sugar...probably not a good combo. I have to admit...I did not care for the beignets. :duck:
I think I would have enjoyed them more had I not been worried about getting powdered sugar everywhere. Haha! I probably wouldn't make a special trip to POFQ if I wasn't staying there but as a resort guest I think I would always get them.

I can't remember the last time we took a tram at AK. We usually park really close and walk it to the front (or the rare occasion we take a bus).

We've never done lunch or dinner at Tusker House...only breakfast. I'll have to ask Mark if he has any interest.

Everything there is great! I 100% recommend it. I could eat the green beans, potato wedges and mango salsa/chutney ALL DAY. YUM!!

I love your pictures with the characters.

Thanks! :)
That was a weird experience while waiting for Mickey and Minnie. :confused3

Yeah it really was. Had we been at the end of the line it would have made sense but it was super confusing given that we have been in line together for awhile.

I noticed that about the Lion King show...very little shade at all (even with a FP!).

Yeah with the recent move it seems weird that they didn't address that.

Laundry and packing await me tonight!
But it won't be too bad- we pack light because we can utilize laundry facilities, being dvc.

Just south of Cleveland- Brunswick
You're down in Columbus, yes?

Laundry and packing await me tonight!
But it won't be too bad- we pack light because we can utilize laundry facilities, being dvc.

Last minute packer, I am but light not so much. ;) Because our trip will be long this summer (9 nights) I will likely plan on doing a load or two of laundry.

Just south of Cleveland- Brunswick
You're down in Columbus, yes?

So yeah I think we have talked about this because before I asked I was thinking you were from Brunswick. I grew up in Medina (well really Seville) but have been in Columbus my whole adult life. "It's a small world after all......" Can't wait to hear about your trip!

So yeah I think we have talked about this because before I asked I was thinking you were from Brunswick. I grew up in Medina (well really Seville) but have been in Columbus my whole adult life. "It's a small world after all......" Can't wait to hear about your trip!

Yes! Small world!
We lived in medina before buying a house in brunswick. And I used to work.at Hawkins there in medina on Lafayette.

Joining in on the the fun! I just booked my own stay at POFQ (for next spring) and I can't wait to read that portion of this report! Also now I want beignets.

Also, I don't have five WDW trips planned for this year...but I will be doing Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line (the Fantasy) and WDW all within a 12 month period. Actually, within about a 6 month period. It's AWESOME ISN'T IT???

Yes! Small world!
We lived in medina before buying a house in brunswick. And I used to work.at Hawkins there in medina on Lafayette.

Super small world....one of my best friends since elementary school's mom worked at Hawkins for like 30 years. I bet you knew her as she was pretty outspoken.
Have a magical trip!!

Joining in on the the fun! I just booked my own stay at POFQ (for next spring) and I can't wait to read that portion of this report! Also now I want beignets.

Thanks for joining in....and saying Hi! I really loved POFQ (I feel like I've said that a million times) and I am sure you will have an amazing stay. Not sure if I've mentioned this but I had the best bus karma here. One reason we typically stay deluxe is to have at least one park that offers alternate transportation but honestly the buses were so great at POFQ I didn't really mind taking buses everywhere (plus there is the boat to DTD so that is a definite moderate bonus).

Also, I don't have five WDW trips planned for this year...but I will be doing Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line (the Fantasy) and WDW all within a 12 month period. Actually, within about a 6 month period. It's AWESOME ISN'T IT???

Umm yeah that's completely awesome! (I am going to check out your PTR in your siggie when I get the time!). 2016 will see me going to DL *hopefully* twice. Once for a family trip and once for a rundisney event but I just can't ever seem to squeeze in a DCL vacation. We've never cruised, ever, so its a definite bucket list item in the next few years.

You were such a good DISer taking all those pics...me...not so much...did not take one single food picture!!!!

You were such a good DISer taking all those pics...me...not so much...did not take one single food picture!!!!

Since it was a "mini-trip" I took all my pictures on my iPhone so I'm not sure that they are the best pictures but I always try my best to capture as much as I can. I am always taking food pictures....even at home. ;)
Very possible- what's her name?

Her name was Linda (I don't want to post a last name here). She was there for around 30 years up until her surprising passing about 2 years ago.

Saturday, May. 16-Day 3 (Part 2)

So we got back to the resort around 5:15 and set our alarms for 6:30. I think I woke up just a few minutes before the alarm went off. Olivia didn’t bounce back quite as quickly as I did. ;) In the end Olivia decided just to hang at the resort (she was still getting over a cold and had big days ahead of her). I, on the other hand WASN’T moving to Florida so I had stuff to do.

So I think it was around 7 that I boarded my bus to EP. Once inside I just walked around the World Showcase. I had intended to enjoy all the Flower and Garden displays since it was the last weekend and while I did see most of them, I only snapped this one picture.

B19ED530-B43C-4511-A537-7653E3D5F1DE_zpsump42xbi.jpg

It was time for a snack so I grabbed some Frushi. It wasn’t as sweet as I was expecting but pretty good. Not a must-do but I would possibly get again under the right circumstance.

EE5DF711-211F-4ED1-BFB2-80DDF4D0F96D_zpskxgt3j2j.jpg

C5102808-7D1E-4EF0-9E7F-FF74AB71EB8C_zpstmhdmcfj.jpg

Around 8:30 I decided to walk over to DHS. I somehow missed the turn and ended up doing a longer loop of the EP resort area than I needed to but that was ok. I believe I was talking to Lucy and Aaron back home during that time. We decided then that I would FaceTime them during the SWW Symphony in the Stars (AKA best fireworks ever) at 9:45.
Terrible Boardwalk shot but I just love this area at night!!
EDF12321-97FE-4610-AB24-69F2FDF191FB_zps2xa7pgjl.jpg

7974B7FF-5BCE-490C-ABCB-B8E60B6286F7_zpsxswrqa6i.jpg

I made my way into DHS at that awkward time of a bit early to wait for the fireworks but not enough time to do anything. I ended up just trying to scope out a good spot that wasn’t too crowded. I landed off to the side near the Brown Derby. Not the best spot but it worked and wasn’t crowded which is what I had wanted. There were lower trees which made the preshow stage show hard to see but the fireworks viewing was good.

A0C3DD6B-F546-444A-AB73-F92CE7E66B2D_zpsmwzybdwl.jpg

As I said above I LOVE these fireworks. Even if you aren’t a SW fan (which I wasn’t last year and still loved them) they are worth the watch. Or YouTube it. That are just soooo great!

I was tempted to go to the late Fantasmic but I knew I wanted to get an early start the next day so I slowly headed out of the park. I ended up having terrific bus karma (as I did the entire trip) and was on my way back to the resort really quickly!

I was kind of hungry since all I had for dinner was the Frushi so I stopped at Sassagoula for some Disney pizza. You either love this pizza or hate it. I would hate it in regular life but since it’s such a Disney thing I love it when at Disney (although spoiler….I think I had one too many during my days here….). I dined alone before heading up to the room to be reunited with Olivia.

ED6A7BC9-EE33-4506-8C10-AC30957EF8BB_zps7rti5rdo.jpg

I snapped a quick picture of the pool area on my way back.

1695204F-498B-4854-B99B-077BA90E1EE8_zpszykdjkmu.jpg

And a quick peak at Olivia's evening had her watching Big Hero 6 on the lawn at the resort. Fun!!

67964A6F-10A9-4B13-AFFC-F0647481B94A_zpsg27mxrqe.jpg

Olivia didn’t bounce back quite as quickly as I did.

Aren't teenagers (and recently teenagers) supposed to be able to bounce back from anything?
When I was her age I used to go to sleep at 3 AM and wake up for 9 AM classes!

We decided then that I would FaceTime them during the SWW Symphony in the Stars (AKA best fireworks ever) at 9:45.

Such an awesome idea!!! That's a great way for them to feel like they're at Disney with you without actually being in Florida.

I snapped a quick picture of the pool area on my way back.

I love this picture - the pool area looks great!

And a quick peak at Olivia's evening had her watching Big Hero 6 on the lawn at the resort. Fun!!

That's a nice way to spend a night ... although I still haven't seen Big Hero 6.

Aren't teenagers (and recently teenagers) supposed to be able to bounce back from anything?
When I was her age I used to go to sleep at 3 AM and wake up for 9 AM classes!

Haha! YES, they are and she does but what you don't see here is how she was working early morning (like 6am) shifts and then getting off work and staying out with friends for a few weeks leading up to this AND she was getting over a cold. It was disappointing for me, of course, but I understood.

Such an awesome idea!!! That's a great way for them to feel like they're at Disney with you without actually being in Florida.

Yes, we are big fans of facetiming with each other when we all can't be in the parks together. Hoping Olivia will be doing that for us one day soon. :)

I love this picture - the pool area looks great!

It's funny because I feel like the pool area is a bit dated (not in a terrible way but in the high standards of Disney way) but I don't think it comes across that way in the picture.

That's a nice way to spend a night ... although I still haven't seen Big Hero 6.

Ok. Please see Big Hero 6. Its soooo good!

Since this is technically a PRE-TRIP report and I have FINALLY been working on our plans for next month I thought maybe I should share them with you all! :)
Soooo here is how our first few days are shaping up:

Thursday-Depart Columbus at 12:35, Arrive Orlando 2:45 and take DME to the Polynesian!! Our first 3 nights will be in a studio room here! Beyond excited since the Poly has been my dream resort for years.

A few pictures of Aaron and I from March 2014 at the Poly.
IMG_1229_zpsl66bjncm.jpg

IMG_1230_zps3sxbkvfx.jpg

After check-in (and hopefully seeing Olivia) we will spend the evening at….

31c1f09f-8853-4a05-ba0d-ba3b349b8f6f_zpse111ff00.jpg

Epcot (picture May 2014)

Currently our FP+ look like:

Figment 4:45

Spaceship Earth 5:50

Test Track 6:50

After these I think we will grab some quick service dinner (Sunshine Seasons) and then watch Illiminations.

Friday-(btw…if you don’t know this we aren’t rope droppers and don’t want to be. ;)).

Breakfast at Kona (Tonga toast will finally be a part of my life).

After breakfast we will head to....
61c544b2-4c57-41e7-be85-0ebb3e743265_zps2191a626.jpg

Magic Kingdom, of course. (Picture May 2014. Sorry to all that have read my previous reports since I was lazy and basically am just recycling old pictures you have seen before BUT I do think that is better than no pictures, right?)

Fast passes for this day are:

Peter Pan 12:10

7DMT 2:20

Jungle Cruise 4:10

Hoping to see Festival of Fantasy between 7DMT and JC.

Playing the rest of the day/night by ear.

Saturday-Pool/resort morning (of course this in NOT the Poly pool where we will be....recycled Saratoga picture from Aug. 2015)
P1010682_zps89c0e6f1.jpg

Lunch MIGHT be room-service if I can confirm that the noodles offered are the same as the ones from O’hana. Anyone know?

Sometime in the afternoon we will head back to EP. (Picture June 2012)
078_zpsa59a5c3f.jpg

Then it is Via Napoli for dinner! Excited to return here since everyone loves it and our one experience several years ago wasn't the best. BUT I feel like that experience was clouded by the fact that it was our trip during a tropical storm and we were COMPLETELY soaked and miserable so it wasn't Via Napoli's fault. AND I love pizza so a return trip is in order!

When we are ready we will hop over to MK for the 2am EMH evening! There is basically nothing better in the world than a late night at MK! (picture Aug. 2015)

wd016wdw2014222107378093_7044203002_18_zpsce9e3163.jpeg

Fast passes are:

Haunted Mansion 8:30

Wishes 9:35 (first time doing this)

BTMRR 10:45

I'll leave off here for now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter