PTR-2015 Year of a million trips….oh maybe only five. UPD 9/22 lnk to video

We toured the 2 bedroom villa when we were there in February. I knew the minute we saw the villas we would buy, it's like puppy, you can't just go look . We didn't eat at the restaurants at Vero. We went to the Publix and bought food and ordered pizza from the restaurant next door to Publix, it was very good. Be sure to reserve your umbrella each morning, that was so nice to have. The crafts are fun, my daughter did a few.

Yes!! We had toured it at SSR, along with aulani room and AKL room, then toured VGF room again at villas when my sister was with us. And I love the umbrellas that are the elevator floor indicators on the main floor!!

How close is the publix? Does it cost $ to reserve an umbrella? I know we will spend a lot of time swimming and doing crafts- 2 of my eldest favorites LoL

Publix is about 5 miles away, not far. Yes, you do have to pay for the umbrella and chaise loungers, but so worth it!

I’m here with an update!! I know there are comments I haven't replied to and I promise to get back to those I just had a few extra minutes and wanted to get a trip update posted.

Details for May trip:

Things we know: Departure: May 14. We are driving (while the DCP’s have bus transportation it isn’t ideal and Olivia would like to have her car with her. I love me some Disney buses but yeah having to count on them for all modes of transportation for 7 months might get tiresome). This will be a nearly 1000 mile road trip. To say I am nervous would be an understatement. I have never been the responsible driving adult in a road trip like this!

E0EDE518-D7E2-4DDF-A1E7-B73CCAE01B41_zpsxrcozf3t.jpg

Things we don’t know: The day we leave I have a conflict that evening so do I leave at 9PM (what I’m leaning towards…crazy) or leave at 9AM (and miss my youngest daughters last elementary school performance)? See my dilemma! Based on which departure time we go with this first day could see us either getting more than half way through our 15+ hour drive or getting just 3 or 4 hours in. Whatever we don’t accomplish on Thursday WILL happen Friday since our second quickie mother/daughter stay at POP will be waiting for us!

Have a mentioned that I have never driven a road trip more than a few hours. And this is 15+?

I’m also unsure of which driving route to take. Anyone with experience want to give advice on that. We always fly.

8475CADD-4BE9-4547-8E64-4C77975CE576_zpsnhkie2oi.jpg

Things we do know: Disney Resort: POP Century! I was SO torn on wanting to stay at POR or POFQ. It’s been awhile since we have stayed there and I thought we might really make good use of the boat to DTD for this short stay but in the end I couldn’t justify the extra cost. I have no problems with POP (although I don’t think I would ever stay there as a family since the space is limited) and I do love having access to AOA. Olivia and I stayed there for 2 nights last May and we were happy with it.

P1010301_zps7lbirpbc.jpg

P1010303_zpsdhvodd0x.jpg

Things we know: Olivia DCP check-in May 18 and Stacy will depart (via airplane…thank goodness) May 19.

It is unlikely we will have park tickets. I could cave and buy us one day tickets but at this time I am trying not to spend the money. There is also a chance I will renew my AP that just expired but that still leaves Olivia without tickets so my only park touring would be when she was busy with check in/DCP stuff. I would really love to go to SWW at DHS since I have spent the winter watching Star Wars for the first time.

So what is happening between our arrival on Friday May 15 and my departure May 19? I really don’t know but here are some ideas.

Non-park actives like:

Symphony of the Stars viewing outside of DHS.

DTD (I just recently updated my phone so I really want to design my own phone case at the Marketplace).

Outdoor movies on the beach someplace (I’ve never done this).

Segway tour at FT Wilderness (is this still a thing?).

Chip and Dale campfire sing a long (we did this years ago and enjoyed it….plus we could stay for the movie)

Wishes from the Top of the World Lounge since we are DVC owners now!

Also considering Universal. I have mixed feelings about this and am guessing in the end it won’t happen but it’s being considered (we’ve never been).

Last minute shopping for her apartment. Since she will have a car there isn't as much urgency for this and probably something she can do with her roommates.

I will need to get in a run or two around property somewhere since at this point I will be just a few weeks out from my first half marathon.

ADRs/food:

Again I have nothing formal planned but I do want to try our best to eat cheap but maybe have a few new experiences. I am admittedly causally looking for a Chef Mickeys ADR that might work for us. Olivia and I had a super fun experience there last May so if luck would have me find something that I think might work I will grab it.

A few pictures from Chef Mickeys last year:

P1010340_zps0coi1bnz.jpg

wd010wdw201414277510851_zpsgqgjcztp.jpeg

And our dessert plate....

P1010343_zpskmlhxptl.jpg

Beaches and Cream (another dessert picture)

P1010403_zpsyx6mcjpc.jpg

Trails End

Kona (for breakfast….I still haven’t had Tonga Toast)

Olivia’s (for breakfast….because Olivia has never been and banana bread French toast)
IMG_1212_zpsqqy2z5ed.jpg

Wolfgang Puck

Raglin Road

Those are just ideas and will likely only happen if we can get a last minute ADR. I think our schedule will just be too unpredictable to plan anything.

I’m hoping that Olivia and her roommates will have some sort of a meeting up before check-in on Monday. Hopefully it will include parents.

Haha. I thought I was getting things sorted out but after typing this all it still seems like a lot of confusion. I think all the unknowns just play too much of a part to plan much. So we have an un-plan as of right now it seems.

I don't know anything about driving/road trips (for real - I don't even have a drivers license), but here's my one piece of advice:
You may want to download an app called "Waze." It uses reports from other Waze users to determine where the heaviest traffic is and routes you away from the traffic. It's really good for saving time - the only problem is that sometimes it sends you on weird random side streets.

Pop Century is awesome! I really have to get back there one day ... it's just so hard for me to not stay at AOA. There is a path around the lake between AOA and Pop Century that is pretty cool for running (I loved it in November), but it's only 1.38 miles (I think ... something like that), so it might not be great if you're doing a longer run.

It's definitely hard to plan when things are so unpredictable. But a "spontaneous" trip should be a nice change of pace from having to plan everything in advance!

As someone who has driven to disney a few times and lives in Cleveland area, your plan on where to drive through is the route we've done. I have an app called Waze and use that, too. It gives different routes and best times.

We love Pop! We've stayed there a lot before becoming dvc members. Also, you can pool hop being dvc. Just not at AoA, or AKL unless already staying there. We've done the monorail loop resort pools in July, when we didn't go into the parks at all. It was fun!

Olivia's banana bread French toast = yum!!! Had it in July!

They have Tonga toast at capt cooks at poly for $5! ( if wanting to save some $).

I've driven from like 5pm straight through to Disney before, not too bad. Or stop in north Carolina so you don't have too far the next day to go.

Also, you could tour restaurants at all for free- just something different/fun to do.

We are also owners at AK and VGF! I am so excited to stay at VGF which will be next March (we are staying at the GF regular rooms in June for a contest we won). I love Vero beach and Boardwalk is great as well! I really want to stay at BC some time. I too love Mary Poppins (hence my avatar and posting name). I immediately fell in love with the resort when I saw the penguin fountain and then the paper picture of Bert and Mary from Jolly Holiday just put me over the edge! My DD was most excited about the TV in the bathroom.

Congrats on the contest win. That is amazing!!!

Not certain that VGF is my style but Lucy (my youngest) would love it and I think it would make a great spot for a mother/daughter trip someday. I'm hoping with the addition of the Poly DVC that it might make VGF slightly easier to book for non-owners. A TV in the bathroom would impress my girls too. :)

We love staying at AK and VGF!
Both so different, but both AWESOME :)

You can go to the villas building at GF and ask to see the two bedroom villa! The dvc cm will show you. It's so awesome!! We've only stayed in a studio there, but LOVE IT!! Our 6yo LOVED the tv in the mirror idea! LoL, kids!!

First time going to VERO, how's the restaurants there? We have an adr at shutters dinner one night, but don't know if we should leave to go somewhere else to eat our other meals or not?? Any input appreciated!!

I can't even imagine the 2BR at VGF. We typically are planning studio stays since we don't have a ton of points but the larger villas are so amazing. I can see why people continue to add points.

You might have said but is your Vero trip on the end of a WDW trip? I would love to check it out in the future but am wondering how people typically schedule it. How many days are you going?

We toured the 2 bedroom villa when we were there in February. I knew the minute we saw the villas we would buy, it's like puppy, you can't just go look . We didn't eat at the restaurants at Vero. We went to the Publix and bought food and ordered pizza from the restaurant next door to Publix, it was very good. Be sure to reserve your umbrella each morning, that was so nice to have. The crafts are fun, my daughter did a few.

Yes seeing those rooms is really all the selling DVC needs to do. We toured the 1BR at AKV in August and started our resale purchase a few weeks later. Granted we bought at BWV but really seeing that room was the final push we needed.

I love all this DVC talk. I feel like I have so much to learn about it all.

I don't know anything about driving/road trips (for real - I don't even have a drivers license), but here's my one piece of advice:
You may want to download an app called "Waze." It uses reports from other Waze users to determine where the heaviest traffic is and routes you away from the traffic. It's really good for saving time - the only problem is that sometimes it sends you on weird random side streets.

I'll look for that app. Our trip definitely isn't going to be timed up thoughtfully enough to miss traffic congestion so this sounds like something we need. Ah...a city girl without a drivers license. There is no way that would work where I live. Haha!

Pop Century is awesome! I really have to get back there one day ... it's just so hard for me to not stay at AOA. There is a path around the lake between AOA and Pop Century that is pretty cool for running (I loved it in November), but it's only 1.38 miles (I think ... something like that), so it might not be great if you're doing a longer run.

Yes! I remembered you talking about that running loop so I hope to use it...even if I have to go around a million times. I would love to get the chance to run the loop at the Boardwalk but for convenient sake it will be good to have something right there. I ran up and down the parking lot at AKV in February so any loop is better than that. We will see if I actually get out there and do it. ;)

It's definitely hard to plan when things are so unpredictable. But a "spontaneous" trip should be a nice change of pace from having to plan everything in advance!

Yes, we tend to be somewhat spontaneous anyways so I'm mostly ok with it. Just wish I could make a decision on the whole parks stuff.

As someone who has driven to disney a few times and lives in Cleveland area, your plan on where to drive through is the route we've done. I have an app called Waze and use that, too. It gives different routes and best times.

Ok. Since Sarah recommended Waze too I better download that asap. :) Hey, fellow Ohioan! I grew up in Medina Co. so closer to the Cleveland area!

Pretty sure that route appears to be the better one since it avoids Atlanta.

We love Pop! We've stayed there a lot before becoming dvc members. Also, you can pool hop being dvc. Just not at AoA, or AKL unless already staying there. We've done the monorail loop resort pools in July, when we didn't go into the parks at all. It was fun!

Do I need to just have my DVC member card with me? That is a great idea.

Olivia's banana bread French toast = yum!!! Had it in July!

I know. And I feel like unless you are staying at OKW or having a completely down day getting to Olivia's just isn't convenient so going on a trip like this would be a great time.

They have Tonga toast at capt cooks at poly for $5! ( if wanting to save some $).

Thanks for the reminder on that! If I miss Tonga Toast this trip I definitely won't this summer since we have a few days booked at the Poly DVC.

I've driven from like 5pm straight through to Disney before, not too bad. Or stop in north Carolina so you don't have too far the next day to go.

Yes I keep playing with the idea of just leaving SUPER early Friday morning and driving straight through. My problem with that is I am more of a night person that a morning one so SUPER early might not happen. It would be nice not to have the overnight stay somewhere on the way down. I am sure Olivia will have the car stuffed full of her stuff and to have to unload and load it back up will be a hassle but I would be too nervous to leave stuff in the car. She has a CRV so you can see inside her trunk.

Also, you could tour restaurants at all for free- just something different/fun to do.

Are you talking about the tours they do at Sanaa/Boma? Do any other places do this? Definitely something to put on our list.

Yes, just have your dvc card with you. We never had anyone ask fir ours, but better safe than sorry! :)

Missing Atlanta is best!

I grew up in elyria, currently in brunswick, actually!!

We go to disney for a week before going to VERO. We have 2 nights at VERO, then back to wdw for 3 nights at poly!! :)

Plus you can swim at OKW, too! And they have a community room in that area, which is nice!

It was nice driving through the night so we got there around 8am, and had all day to do whatever.

Yes! And I believe they do one for Jiko, as well!! :)

And kidani is a short walk from jambo. Very nice and can see animals there, too!

Also, there's a super target you can get to from over by AKL. Like 10-15 min drive from there.

I just read the first post and I had to excitedly respond...we are going for the last weekend in October!! You should go then too!!

Also, we arrive for our May trip on the 20 :(

Last edited:
Yes, just have your dvc card with you. We never had anyone ask fir ours, but better safe than sorry! :)

Missing Atlanta is best!

From my limited knowledge of driving I was able to pretty safely say this was the smart thing to do!

I grew up in elyria, currently in brunswick, actually!!

That's great! Even though I have now been in Columbus more than half my life, Cleveland will always be my "home". Well actually Disney is truly my home but you get what I'm saying. ;)

We go to disney for a week before going to VERO. We have 2 nights at VERO, then back to wdw for 3 nights at poly!! :)

I really need to figure out how to make something like this work for us in the future. That sounds perfect.

Plus you can swim at OKW, too! And they have a community room in that area, which is nice!

It was nice driving through the night so we got there around 8am, and had all day to do whatever.

The idea of driving through the night is sooo tempting but the reality for us is I just don't think it would work (be safe).

Yes! And I believe they do one for Jiko, as well!! :)

And kidani is a short walk from jambo. Very nice and can see animals there, too!

Also, there's a super target you can get to from over by AKL. Like 10-15 min drive from there.

We love AKL so that is a definite resort touring option! And thanks for the super Target info. I imagine we will need to get Olivia some last minute things and I pretty much avoid Walmart at all costs.

I just read the first post and I had to excitedly respond...we are going for the last weekend in October!! You should go then too!!

Also, we arrive for our May trip on the 20 :(

This year might also be known as the year I miss meeting Rachel at WDW by a day every trip. Haha! October is super tentative right now but would likely not be that last weekend.

I am back with updates! Sorry I have been MIA but really I think this PTR has made me even more aware of my lack of preplanning and just going with the flow on trips. I think it is a luxury we are now afforded with our more frequent visits!

So before I get to the trip update I wanted to do a “Throw Back Thursday” segment. This TBT is (like most will be??) a throw back to our trip this last February!

The day before we left I was out buying a few last minute things and came across a cute clearance wallet. I was needing a new wallet and been waiting and waiting to find a Disney one that I would love. At this moment I remembered Sarah and her reusable bag souvenir and in that moment one of my best souvenir ideas was born.

In the beginning…..
P1010929_zpsat6cv8mw.jpg

Then this happened.....

P1020034_zpsobuwceje.jpg

And this....
P1020135_zpsi1smimtc.jpg

And this and this, etc....

P1020158_zpsmylsm1hy.jpg

P1020173_zpsd4xrpxaa.jpg

And before you knew it I have the best (and most affordable) souvenir ever!!

The front:

F53D3720-1B64-40DF-ADFA-F4AEAE25CEB9_zps3qroal9s.jpg

The back:
9AAB711B-9D07-4ADE-96D0-D4EA97987475_zpsjslvsqcf.jpg

And inside:

D5D7E330-FEB0-4C9A-887E-29C3CDA8F1DF_zpsdbz16jiq.jpg

I adore this wallet. LOVE it! Best idea ever!

Ok…now on to my trip planning!

I think we are at 28 days until we leave in May. Olivia appears to be slowly tackling her list and I am just passing time.

But I have sketched out a bit more of a plan.

Thursday-Drive

Friday-Drive with the goal of Disney food for dinner, even if it is the POP food court.

Saturday-MK! Yes the 2am EMH got me and I am certain we are going since I renewed my AP yesterday. (I will just get Olivia a 1 day ticket). We will probably plan to arrive early afternoon and stay all night. Actually we will arrive by 1:00 because we have a lunch reservation at Liberty Tree Tavern. This has been on my list since I started reading dining reports. If you don’t know why (Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake) you should google it. Woohhoo!

Sunday-Hang out/last minute shopping/Downtown Disney during the day. That evening I will run (not literally although I do need to run at some point since I am training for a half marathon in June) to DHS w/o Olivia (horrible mother award…but really I just drove her to Florida so she can LIVE here for 7 months. I leave in two days…she will be going to the parks plenty without me). I’m really just planning to jump on TSMM and TOT (guess I should book FP’s for those) and see Symphony in the Stars. I spent all winter watching SW and it’s really important for me to see these fireworks again (saw them last year).

Monday-Olivia will have her check-in. If she is gone for too long I will probably find a park to tour until she finishes (EP?). Not sure what the evening will hold…like will she want one last night with me or will she want to start bonding with her roommates? We will just play this by ear and do whatever she wants. I would love to spend the time with her but don't want to take her away from those critical early bonding times. I'm flexible.

Tuesday-I am guestimating my magical express pick up to be around 3 so I am hoping Olivia won’t have any Disney commitments and we can maybe do breakfast somewhere and just resort hop.

I have been working a small amount on our July trip. Since I don’t believe I’ve yet spilled the basic info I will do that now!

July 23-July 26 we will be staying at the brand new Polynesian Village DVC Studios! The Poly has been on my resort bucket list since the beginning of time. So excited to not only stay there but check out what all this “monorail” resort life is like!

July 26-August 1 we will be returning to Animal Kingdom Lodge-Kidani Village. We absolutely loved it here in February and after that trip I switched this reservation (we were originally at Boardwalk). Can’t wait to go back!

We will be in a studio which won't be as lux as the 1 bedroom we had in February but I still adore the resort and we all are happy to be returning!

Here are a few pictures of our amazing 1BR:

Living room:
P1010955_zpsnl9hepq8.jpg

Bedroom:

P1010953_zpsdfadsmkr.jpg

The nicer than my bathroom at home bathroom:
P1010949_zpsa8n7h39p.jpg

We can't wait to return!

And my final installment is so exciting….we are registered for the Marathon weekend 5k (well Aaron, Lucy and I are….we have to wait for open registration for Olivia since she isn’t a DVC owner or an AP holder) and I am running in the half marathon. So excited!!! I’ve been wanting to run a RunDisney event for years. Yay! I hope to get at least some sort of resort reservation before open registration. Thinking maybe split between POFQ and Boardwalk but really need to price it all out. Even if it changes (which it will) it is good to know you have something. Dates are tentative too but thinking maybe Dec. 31-Jan. 9 (Aaron and Lucy will fly back maybe the afternoon of the 5K, Olivia and I will start the driving of her car home the afternoon of the half?).

So that is what has been up. I think things are sort of coming together!!

That wallet idea is awesome!!
Gives me an idea!!

We love aklv!!

Sounds like you're getting all your plans together. They sound great!!

Yay! I influenced your shopping/souvenir habits! I have to remember to tell Beth, she'll enjoy hearing about it. The wallet came out great!

Plans for May sound great. I love that you guys are taking advantage of the 2am EMH ... Magic Kingdom at night is so amazing!
I totally don't blame you for going to the parks without Olivia ... she'll have plenty of time to do the parks without you, and you're only there for a few days! I still haven't seen Star Wars (well, I saw Epsiodes I & II when they came out, but not III, and none of the originals), which is part of why I'm perfectly happy to never be there for Star Wars Weekends ... and why I've never been on Star Tours. I actually want to start on the Marvel stuff next, and maybe once I've gone through all of the Marvel stuff I'll watch Star Wars.

I'm so excited for you that you'll be staying at Poly in July! Poly is my second choice for my 2021 trip ... but we'll probably be staying in a regular room, not DVC, so it'll definitely be different. I'm sure monorail resort life is nice ... nice hotels, easy trip to MK, what else could you ask for?
That AKL room is amazing ... hopefully the studio will be almost as nice!

I'm really happy that you guys got in for marathon weekend! I know the 5K went relatively fast, so I'm glad you were able to get 3 of you in, and now that you know the process, if you're on as soon as registration opens, you shouldn't have trouble getting Olivia in. I'm sure you're going to love the runDisney experience ... it's an early wake up call, but it really is so special!
We're waiting for park hours to come out before we make any reservations (I wanted to do it as soon as we get registered, but how many days we need will probably depend on park hours), but I'm thinking 1/5-1/11 ... we'd probably come in late Tuesday and leave Monday early afternoon. Assuming it works with everyone's schedules. We'll probably start off at Art of Animation, but we may switch to Pop Century or possibly rent DVC points. Things will probably be very up in the air until about 65 days before the trip (apparently I am a master at getting things together just in time for FP+).
Bottom line ... we'll overlap at the end of your trip, beginning of my trip. So we'll definitely have to find time to meet up (we may see each other at the 5K (assuming Beth & I get in), but I'm really not at my most vibrant that early in the morning)

That wallet idea is awesome!!
Gives me an idea!!

It turned out sooo good and I love that it's not just another autograph book on the shelf. I get to enjoy it daily.

We love aklv!!

It's so beautiful. I was concerned about the buses since it is kind of out of the way but we really had pretty good bus karma the whole trip so my worries were for nothing.

Sounds like you're getting all your plans together. They sound great!!

Thanks! (although I was toying with changing the dates of our July trip last night....don't think I will but I swear I am always adjusting things.)

Yay! I influenced your shopping/souvenir habits! I have to remember to tell Beth, she'll enjoy hearing about it. The wallet came out great!
Yes! Thanks, I really love it! Is Beth on here? You should get her on. ;)

Plans for May sound great. I love that you guys are taking advantage of the 2am EMH ... Magic Kingdom at night is so amazing!
I totally don't blame you for going to the parks without Olivia ... she'll have plenty of time to do the parks without you, and you're only there for a few days! I still haven't seen Star Wars (well, I saw Epsiodes I & II when they came out, but not III, and none of the originals), which is part of why I'm perfectly happy to never be there for Star Wars Weekends ... and why I've never been on Star Tours. I actually want to start on the Marvel stuff next, and maybe once I've gone through all of the Marvel stuff I'll watch Star Wars.

Yes! EMH at MK are truly the best. We typically avoid most other EMHs but not MK. I figure a mother/daughter park day will be well earned after our drive down and not knowing for sure how much time she will be able to spend with us on our coming trips I think we will enjoy having this day!

We surprisingly really have enjoyed the SW movies (especially the early ones) and it is finally nice to "be in the club" and understand some of the SW lingo (some of it is still too complicated). We were there last year and pretty much avoided all the SW stuff since we didn't know about it but now that I do I see it as all new things to do at Disney. We are getting ready to tackle the Marvel stuff too. I've obviously raised girls. ;)

Thanks for easing my guilt.

I'm so excited for you that you'll be staying at Poly in July! Poly is my second choice for my 2021 trip ... but we'll probably be staying in a regular room, not DVC, so it'll definitely be different. I'm sure monorail resort life is nice ... nice hotels, easy trip to MK, what else could you ask for?
That AKL room is amazing ... hopefully the studio will be almost as nice!

The monorail actually scares me a bit. Haha! I think the contemporary is my favorite choice since you can walk to MK but we actually stopped at BLT in February to check it out and we really weren't very impressed. Someday maybe but I am sooo excited for the Poly.

I'm really happy that you guys got in for marathon weekend! I know the 5K went relatively fast, so I'm glad you were able to get 3 of you in, and now that you know the process, if you're on as soon as registration opens, you shouldn't have trouble getting Olivia in. I'm sure you're going to love the runDisney experience ... it's an early wake up call, but it really is so special!
We're waiting for park hours to come out before we make any reservations (I wanted to do it as soon as we get registered, but how many days we need will probably depend on park hours), but I'm thinking 1/5-1/11 ... we'd probably come in late Tuesday and leave Monday early afternoon. Assuming it works with everyone's schedules. We'll probably start off at Art of Animation, but we may switch to Pop Century or possibly rent DVC points. Things will probably be very up in the air until about 65 days before the trip (apparently I am a master at getting things together just in time for FP+).
Bottom line ... we'll overlap at the end of your trip, beginning of my trip. So we'll definitely have to find time to meet up (we may see each other at the 5K (assuming Beth & I get in), but I'm really not at my most vibrant that early in the morning)

Thanks! I hope registration goes easy for you too. Have you decided if you are doing both the 5k and 10k? I can't remember. It is definitely hard to plan the trip days/length so far out. Since Lucy will be on winter break I was wanting to capitalize on that as much as possible while also being mindful of the fact that I work retail. I'm sure our dates will change some before the time comes. We will definitely need to meet up! Maybe at the expo? We will figure something out.

Thanks! I hope registration goes easy for you too. Have you decided if you are doing both the 5k and 10k? I can't remember. It is definitely hard to plan the trip days/length so far out. Since Lucy will be on winter break I was wanting to capitalize on that as much as possible while also being mindful of the fact that I work retail. I'm sure our dates will change some before the time comes. We will definitely need to meet up! Maybe at the expo? We will figure something out.

Officially ... we're doing the 10K and 5K. We invited our cousin to come with us and do the 5K, but I don't know if she will.
Unofficially ... everything is up in the air until registration day. And if our cousin does come, our dates may also be dependent on her schedule. And on my work schedule (if I have one by then) ... basically the only person whose schedule we know for sure is Beth (and I actually looked up her school schedule this morning just to be sure ... and she does have almost all of January off, so her schedule won't be a problem).

And Beth is not really the kind of person who would be active on the DIS, so I generally just give her the highlights. Maybe I'll try to get her to join ... but I don't think she will.

Yeah, the buses aren't bad, time-wise, at AKL.

Haha! We always seem to add days to ours- before and/or after!

Your wallet idea was brilliant and so cute! :D Good luck to Olivia on her great adventure!!! My 14 year old is really interested in learning about the Disney College program and we'll be doing that in the next couple of years. Looking forward to reading about all of your upcoming trips! *cheers* ~Rebecca

Stacy, I had no idea you had this going on. I miss you in May ... I'm there May 3 - 10. What are your October dates?

Congratulations to Olivia...how exciting for her.

Yeah, the buses aren't bad, time-wise, at AKL.

Haha! We always seem to add days to ours- before and/or after!

I love finding ways to add a day here or there! :)

Your wallet idea was brilliant and so cute! :D Good luck to Olivia on her great adventure!!! My 14 year old is really interested in learning about the Disney College program and we'll be doing that in the next couple of years. Looking forward to reading about all of your upcoming trips! *cheers* ~Rebecca

Thank you! I really, really love my wallet!

Although we knew about it for years I think the Disboards really heightened our excitement for the college program over the years and it seems like we have been waiting forever for Olivia to get to be a part of it. Of course now that we are two weeks away it is crazy close!

Thanks for stopping by and saying Hi! I have (of course) made a few changes to things and hope to update later today!

Stacy, I had no idea you had this going on. I miss you in May ... I'm there May 3 - 10. What are your October dates?

Congratulations to Olivia...how exciting for her.

Hey, Kathy! Yes I haven't been super active lately on updating this (or reading/commenting on other reports) but I am at least trying to keep it going....albeit slowly.

I think I saw you were going in May (just a few days!!) and was bummed I would miss you. I think I am missing everyone.

As far as October I really have no idea and it might even be September that we go. Olivia will plan to visit home sometime in the fall and I wanted to sneak in a quick visit to her so that might not be decided until later in the summer. And even once it is decided it might change. Haha!

Thank you! I am sooo excited for her but also in the last week or so the reality that she is leaving for 7 months has kicked in and I am struggling a bit to keep it together. I'm gonna miss my girl loads!!

We leave in 9 days!!!!

Sorry for the lack of updates! This PTR has made me realize I am a terrible PTR writer! Haha! The good news is that pretty soon I will have post trip information to share and therefore more to talk about! I guess being a bit of a “go with the flow” disney’er and given the unknowns of this trip make it really hard to plan….and talk about the plan.

But like any good Dis’er I have made some changes. But before I get to the changes I thought it would be fun to share a bit of Olivia’s pre-DCP preparing. This week it included loads of exciting things like: eye appointments, stopping at the insurance office and work. Pretty exciting!

She has accumulated a pretty large pile of things:

F6C2F14F-18F0-46A7-BF24-F6217E19A3F8_zps5ohnpmvf.jpg

I know she still needs a few “Disney look” clothes to wear for her first few days of training before she starts wearing her costume but I do think (minus shoes?) she has an outfit for Traditions.

She also received this piece of exciting Disney mail!

F0034D34-3A6B-4E08-81D3-85F112C8A0CE_zpsyf0gy3zw.jpg

Oh yeah the changes….

We were booked at POP but had a wave of good fortune (or magic) hit and I was able to switch our reservation to POFQ! I am soooo excited since we have been wanting to get back there for years. We stayed there twice early in our Disney vacationing history and really loved it but ultimately switched to staying Deluxe. The girls especially have been asking to go back every trip. Who is booked at Beach Club and asks if we can change to POFQ? My girls! Haha. I am excited to see if this resort still is as nice as we remembered it. Now that we Disney more than once a year I like the idea of one larger “deluxe” trip and then a few side more budget friendly trips and I am hoping this resort fits into those future plans!!

As far as park touring we are again at the mercy of the DCP scheduling gods and also Olivia’s feelings in the moment if she thinks she would rather spend her first days roommate bonding or with her mom before she leaves.

So quick itinerary as of now:

Thursday: Drive 8pm to 1am-ish

Friday: Drive 7am-ish until we get to POFQ. Hopefully around 6pm. Pretty sure we will just stay at the resort but we could take the boat to DTD if we were up for it.

Saturday: lazy morning and then AK. I know AK is a weird choice when you have limited time but EE and Dinosaur are two of our favorites and I have a lunch reservation for us at Tusker House. We went to Tusker House for the first time (since it has been a TS) in May of last year and Olivia and I loved it. SO many awesome vegetarian options. Aaron and Lucy didn’t love it as much so I thought it would be a good time for Olivia and I to go and that frees up an ADR for our trip this summer. We might park hop to EP later this evening.

I've posted this before somewhere but I love this picture they took outside of Tusker House....if only Donald was in it!
wd014wdw201414578611755_zpsea6cff2d.jpeg

Sunday: Me DHS for SWW (Olivia doesn’t care about SWW so is likely sitting this park day out). I am hoping to go early. Meet a few characters and then meet Olivia for lunch (maybe DTD?). Then I have a few afternoon SWW show fast passes to use so I will head back and HOPEFULLY Olivia will have plans to meet up with her roommates pre-check in.

I dusted off the sewing machine to make this Star Wars skirt to wear that day. I don't love it but it will do in a pinch. And I finished just in time to give it a trial wear on May the 4th. :) (garage mirror picture....sorry). If you know me you know it wouldn't be a trip without a new skirt.
FE2C49C2-1AD5-4EFE-BB4E-C7B933836420_zpshb8fys5c.jpg

Monday: Olivia check in. I feel bad not going but I hear parents can be stuck waiting for hours so I THINK I will go to MK and then as soon as Olivia is free I will have her come get me so I can help unload and settle her in. IF she emotionally wants me there I will go but the parents wait in a separate area so it seems kind of silly to waste a perfectly good morning at Disney waiting on her to do paperwork. Mother of the year goes to me! BUT really the whole point of this (well outside of the whole living and working at Disney thing) is for her to get some independence. I will hopefully get to spend some time with her that evening.

Tuesday: My flight leaves that evening so my day until my DME pickup at 4:30ish will be completely based on Olivia and her schedule and needs.

So that is that….still SO many unknowns! Realistically I am not sure I will post another update. If anyone wants to follow along my Instagram and Twitter are stacyleigh9. I will try and post as we go along.

Once I get back I am hoping to post a mini-TR and will also be in high planning mode for our trip to visit in July (that might…maybe…might…change to June. YIKES).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter