Proving the Critics Wrong: WDW is for Toddlers!

Loving your trip report :cool1:, like you were took our toddlers to Disney back in February and had the best holiday ever. Weve just booked to go back in November next year :) cant wait.

I'm really enjoying your TR!
I'm a fan of taking little ones to Disney. Our twins were 18 mos on our very first trip to WDW. Our littlest was only a couple days old on his first trip to DL with our annual passes, and since we moved to WI and I can't live without Disney, we're planning a spring trip to WDW when the littlest will be 20 mos!
I'm hoping to do the first haircut at MK, too, I'll be sure and ask about the stickers!

I hope you finish your trip report! It has been so valuable to me as we are taking our son next year when he is 17 months old. Right now he is only 9 months old so I have all of the same questions you did-like what he will eat, will he sleep in a pack n play, etc. It's just so unknown territory to know how he will differ in 8 months. So I am eating up all of your tips. Thanks!

Happy new year everyone! My resolution is to finish my trip report! Those darn holidays, but now I'm back at work so I should have some time to work on the report! Thank you all for sticking with me!

On the night we had our Fantasmic Dinner Package (Saturday), DD was so tired by the time we left the restaurant, well we were all tired, we decided to skip the show. I had mentioned to DH that I wish we could change our night, because I didn’t think we were going to make it back to see Fantasmic especially with the waiting. He convinced me to at least try stopping into Guest Services in DHS and see if they could do anything. On our way out, we stopped in and waited a few minutes till Chris called us over to him. He was WONDERFUL! He was from Virginia Tech and by far one of the best CM’s we met! We explained we had the package but our little one would simply not make it that night and was wondering if there was any way we could change the date. He replied with “of course, you paid for the package and show, so you should get it.” He took down our information and told us we could stop back in, whichever day we decided and pick up a voucher to get into the show.

We ended up making it back to DHS on Thursday Night, on our way in, we stopped into Guest Services and explained the situation to a girl (I don’t remember her name) she took my id, went out back and came back with our voucher. It was a different color than the original one. We made our way back to the dinner package entrance. It was up the walk way to the Tower of Terror and around the corner to the right. They had a small snack cart there, that I walked by thinking I wanted to grab something from, but didn’t. We got to the ticket taker CM, two jolly older gentlemen. When we handed them the voucher, they yelled into the crowd “Ladies and Gentlemen we have our first (I can’t remember if it was green or yellow) ticket of the night! They then proceeded to hand us 3 fastpasses to TOT. We said “thank you” but explained we wouldn’t be able to use them and continued on.
We were taken down some back paths and came out on the far right of the theater (facing the stage) but we were allowed into about 2/3 different sections. We found a good seat (we stayed towards the back in case we needed a quick exit). DD entertained the crowd around us, while DH went for snacks. He returned after 30 minutes, he said it was PACKED and they only had a frozen strawberry Lemonade and Popcorn! Now this is where I was extremely disappointed I passed on that snack cart as we entered! So here’s a note **Get snacks before you enter Fantasmic!

I think we had gotten in line about 45 minutes before the show, because DH had just gotten back and they started diming the lights. DD was tired but she snuggled with DH and watched, she seemed rather indifferent about the show, but I think she liked seeing the characters. She did not fall asleep though! After the show we waited out the crowd on Hollywood BLV. About 30 minutes and headed out, the line for Pop was SO LONG! I think it took 3 buses to get to where we were and they were slow coming. We had an early morning at AK and we were super tired.

Friday the 16th was an early morning. We had an 8:00AM breakfast at Tusker House. We rolled out of bed, got our coffee, hit the bus and were at the AK gate around 7:40 AM. The security guard said someone would be down shorts to check us in and open the gates. We ended up being the first to enter and proceeded to Tusker House. We were first in line again and Donald was just arriving. DD got an extra few moments with Donald before they got our picture (we asked them to take one with our camera also and they did). We were seated and told how everything worked and that it would be a little while before the characters came around. DD loved the characters. A few of them seemed to stop and really take time with DD, while a few others just kind of flew by. Goofy in particular seemed to really enjoy DD and spent a while with her. I can’t say this would be a breakfast we did again. We didn’t seem to have any problems meeting the same characters, in the same clothing in Camp Mickey and Minnie. And while the food was good, DH and I didn’t think it was anything special.

After breakfast we shot out to the safari, we were the second family to enter the queue. We saw a ton of animals! I really recommend getting on the safari first thing in the AM. We rode the train over to Rafiki’s Planet Watch and spent a while in there looking around, but not much for toddlers. So we left and headed to Find Nemo! About 5 minutes in DD fell asleep, DH and I finished the show and we headed back to Pop for a nap.

When we woke up I was not feeling good at all. I think the heat and lack of sleep really caught up to me. I don’t really remember what we did, I assume we hit the pool for a bit. We had dinner ADR’s at Whispering Canyon at 6:30PM. Around 5 we took a bus to the MK and rode the boat over to WL. We made our way to WCC, we were a bit early and stopped to talk to a DVC CM. I have been working on DH for a few years, that someday we will be DVC. Well, after talking to the CM, DH is sold! The ability to spend the points on other locations besides WDW is the seller! The cruise and DL and such. So someday we will be DVC!
I still wasn’t feeling well, but we checked-in and waited only a few minutes. We were seated and both ordered the skillets and chocolate milkshakes. Thank goodness for the Milkshake, it was DELICIOUS! I barely ate anything, but I did manage to drink 2 shakes and get harassed by our waiter. After dinner, we went into the gift shop and grabbed some medicine for me to take. DH really wanted to run back to DTD to grab something (I forgot what) that he had passed up the other night, so I sucked it up and we hit DTD for a few. We weren’t there long and headed back to Pop and bed.

I can still taste those milkshakes! YUMMY! I'll take one right now please! :thumbsup2

How fun! We took our 2.5 year old last year and everyone said that it was a mistake, that she wouldn't remember. Well, I'm 30 and I can barely remember the trip I took with the band when I was 17- so who cares? But they were wrong! It's been a year and my DD can STILL tell you about WDW! I can't wait to take her back and have her get to introduce her little sister to the "World!"

We did the Harmony Barber shop and we got the guy that has been there forever. He was amazing!! I'm sorry you got a dud!:sad1: I hope to get him the next time- in fact, I'll probably request him if he is there!

And I think Tusker House was amazing- BUT the best part is that you are RIGHT THERE for the safari!!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter