Proving the Critics Wrong: Taking our 18 month old to WDW for 10 Days! Update- Chapt

Subbing. Will be back later to read in full. My oldest boy went to Disney twice before he was 2 and my youngest's first trip was just after 6 weeks old. Babies are perfect for Disney. Actually Disney is perfect for anyone and any age!

The baby care centers are very nice. We used them so often when my little guy was a baby, that we ended up in one of Disney Vacation Planning DVDs! We are still in it, though I've been edited out of a couple of the years, but my husband and son remained.

my kids and I fit on the one bed...I never bothered with the pack and play. Now I've done showers and tubs...its a pain without a tub but its manageable. You will get wet too :)

We will be at POP from the 8th-17th of September, I am enjoying reading so far with all your plans. Our middle grandson went the first time when he was 5months old. I feel you are never too young for Disney... You will have a wonderful time creating memories with your daughter. I am counting down the days till we are there with our grandsons who are now 8 and 4.:cool1:

We are going on our first vacation since ds was born next week. I am VERY curious to see how he does with the drive and sleeping somewhere other than his own bed.
As for the room request question... the only thing I can help with is that ds takes showers with me every night. He has since he was just about 3 months old. With that being said maybe you could see how your dd does in the shower, so if need be she can get in with you. We have a large shower, so I am thinking ds will be getting a bath while we are there since it might be to cramped for us both to get a shower.
Oh, and I got ds haircut appointment for the 18th at 4!!! I really hope we can hold out until then. It is on the verge of being unruley!

Subbing. Will be back later to read in full. My oldest boy went to Disney twice before he was 2 and my youngest's first trip was just after 6 weeks old. Babies are perfect for Disney. Actually Disney is perfect for anyone and any age!

The baby care centers are very nice. We used them so often when my little guy was a baby, that we ended up in one of Disney Vacation Planning DVDs! We are still in it, though I've been edited out of a couple of the years, but my husband and son remained.
Thats really neat about being on the video! We do plan to make use of the baby care center's, hopefully cool off and get DD to nap then DH and I can walk around while she's asleep!

my kids and I fit on the one bed...I never bothered with the pack and play. Now I've done showers and tubs...its a pain without a tub but its manageable. You will get wet too :)
DD takes a whole queen size bed for herself! She is a bed HOG:sad2:

We will be at POP from the 8th-17th of September, I am enjoying reading so far with all your plans. Our middle grandson went the first time when he was 5months old. I feel you are never too young for Disney... You will have a wonderful time creating memories with your daughter. I am counting down the days till we are there with our grandsons who are now 8 and 4.:cool1:
What exciting ages to bring them! Dh and I are already talking about bring DD back and hopefully with another DD or DS by then around age 5! I think 4/5 will be a great age and 8 so excited I bet at 8 they can do almost everything!

We are going on our first vacation since ds was born next week. I am VERY curious to see how he does with the drive and sleeping somewhere other than his own bed.
As for the room request question... the only thing I can help with is that ds takes showers with me every night. He has since he was just about 3 months old. With that being said maybe you could see how your dd does in the shower, so if need be she can get in with you. We have a large shower, so I am thinking ds will be getting a bath while we are there since it might be to cramped for us both to get a shower.
Oh, and I got ds haircut appointment for the 18th at 4!!! I really hope we can hold out until then. It is on the verge of being unruley!
You'll have to post how your trip goes! We have DH's Sisters wedding this weekend and DD might spend the night with my parents, it would be her first night away from home and us, DH still isnt sure if he can handle it!:rotfl2: MEN I tell ya! So we are nervous, but she will be in her pack n play so it will be a good test at how she will do!

I have thought about trying the shower thing, I prob will! Thanks for the tip! and :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 to the haircut! DD's is also getting very long, it tickles her ears and her bangs touch her eyes poor thing! but I refuse to cut it before DISNEY! Only 3 more months!:cool1:

We stayed at Pop last week, May 25-27th. The sundaes looked great! We were very pleased with the food court!

The first night there were 4 of us in the room. My 17 year old had one bed to himself, and the other 3 of us (dh, me and 7 year old ds) squeezed into the other. It was a very tight squeeze!! DS17 flew out of state, so the 2nd night, dh slept in one bed, and I slept with ds. It was much more comfortable!! I sure hope you score a king size bed!!

I'm a central Florida local, so we are at Disney alot!! We are hooked. What can I say? There is a new Pooh meet and greet! Also a new Phineas and Ferb meet and greet that started this week. I didn't see the P&F, but did see the back drop for the Pooh. It's really cute!

I think it's a great idea to try to stay at a different resort each year. We started to try that, but then got hooked on our favorites. We keep on repeating. I don't think we'll get to each resort. We are back to CSR in Aug (our "home" resort)!! Though we are going to a new one for us in Sept. We will be staying at POFQ! Then back to Pop in Dec for 2 nights.

We stayed at Pop last week, May 25-27th. The sundaes looked great! We were very pleased with the food court!

The first night there were 4 of us in the room. My 17 year old had one bed to himself, and the other 3 of us (dh, me and 7 year old ds) squeezed into the other. It was a very tight squeeze!! DS17 flew out of state, so the 2nd night, dh slept in one bed, and I slept with ds. It was much more comfortable!! I sure hope you score a king size bed!!

I'm a central Florida local, so we are at Disney alot!! We are hooked. What can I say? There is a new Pooh meet and greet! Also a new Phineas and Ferb meet and greet that started this week. I didn't see the P&F, but did see the back drop for the Pooh. It's really cute!

I think it's a great idea to try to stay at a different resort each year. We started to try that, but then got hooked on our favorites. We keep on repeating. I don't think we'll get to each resort. We are back to CSR in Aug (our "home" resort)!! Though we are going to a new one for us in Sept. We will be staying at POFQ! Then back to Pop in Dec for 2 nights.

Those meet and greets are on my MUST DO List! Dh and I love Phineas and ferb :rotfl2: and DD LOVES POOH!

I think next year Dh and I are going to try for a cruise for our anniversary then bring DD back to Art of Animation in 2013, maybe for her Birthday!

We are set on staying at the AKL and Contemp atleast once! But we want to go all out, Savanna view and MK view so it will be a while before we can do that, I might have to go back to work to swing that :rotfl2: WORTH IT!:goodvibes

Those meet and greets are on my MUST DO List! Dh and I love Phineas and ferb :rotfl2: and DD LOVES POOH!

I think next year Dh and I are going to try for a cruise for our anniversary then bring DD back to Art of Animation in 2013, maybe for her Birthday!

We are set on staying at the AKL and Contemp atleast once! But we want to go all out, Savanna view and MK view so it will be a while before we can do that, I might have to go back to work to swing that :rotfl2: WORTH IT!:goodvibes

A Disney cruise? We took our little guy on his first Disney cruise when he was the minimum age to travel on a Disney cruise. He was a perfect baby on the cruise. Unfortunately, that's the last cruise we were on. We are due and ready for another!!!

My dh wants to stay at the AKL. I prefer bright rooms, so the WL, Poly and AKL are not as appealing to me. Although, I'd love to try Bay Lake Tower sometime!!

A Disney cruise? We took our little guy on his first Disney cruise when he was the minimum age to travel on a Disney cruise. He was a perfect baby on the cruise. Unfortunately, that's the last cruise we were on. We are due and ready for another!!!

My dh wants to stay at the AKL. I prefer bright rooms, so the WL, Poly and AKL are not as appealing to me. Although, I'd love to try Bay Lake Tower sometime!!

Unfortunately, we are thinking a carnival cruise, so much cheaper than Disney and while it won't be nearly as good, I won't feel as bad not bringing DD, since it would be for our anniversary:)

Bay lake tower looks so nice! I don't mind dark rooms, as long as they are comfy! The rooms at the comtemp always looked so modern and comfy! when we stayed at the Poly the rooms weren't bad, if we had decent mousekeeping and better management staff we might have enjoyed our stay better!

Just wanted to let everyone know my Sister in law's wedding is over! It was beautiful, went well, minus her stressing over everything then which we handled! Only a few minor misshaps:cool1: I told her every wedding has a few things go wrong, its all about how you handle them! (thats the same for every Disney Vacation:thumbsup2) just roll with it!

So now that that has passed back to my beloved Disney planning! :cool1::cool1:

I'm :surfweb: catching up on my threads and working on a new post!

:cool1: So excited :cool1:
We just offically booked our flights, on Southwest for the 9th of Sept at 3:15pm arriving 6:10PM and departimg MCO 18th of Sept at 7:25PM arriving home at 10:10PM:banana: They dropped the price about $20 each/way so a total savings of about $100, DH said BOOK IT!:cool1:

They are both Nonstop flights! Now I have to call SW and find out how to add DD as a lab baby, if I can get her age verified ahead of time and what the whole lab baby drill is!:scared:

Dh and I have been trying to decide if we want a middle/isle seat or a window/isle seat, I prefer window so I can nap, DH and I both HATE MIDDLE seats, and isle seats are so-so for us, but I think being able to get up and walk around will be good thing for DD. Maybe we will get lucky and the flight won't sell out and we could snag that extra seat! Not a huge deal if we don't, but it would be nice.

I couldn't be more excited!

It's been a crazy week here, I caught a stomach bug and was sick for 4 days, then poor DD catches it. DH and I woke up at 3am to hear her crying as she had just thrown-up in her bed, poor thing! Of course I had just changed her sheets and hadn't washed the dirty ones yet, so we threw an extra waterproof pad in our bed and she slept with us. (reminder to self, bring an extra pack n play sheet to WDW).
So we are still recovering from that bug.

On a brighter note, DH's grandma wasn't able to make it to his sisters wedding, so things were discussed and we will be taking a long weekend for the Fourth of July to go visit her and DH's grandfather and his wife. We normally take a trip out there this time of year, but due to our WDW trip we just didn't have the $ to do it. But since DH's grandparents are older (70'sish) we try to see them as often as we can, but they live 6 hours away. So we talked to DH's parents who were still planning on taking the yearly trip out there and we are riding with them :-)scared1::eek::headache::sad2:) YUP all those faces! what us women do for our men! HAHA it will be a LONG 6 hours, but it will be worth it! I love DH's grandparents and love that DD has Great grandparents on BOTH sides that she gets to meet and spend time with.

But since this trip is only 3 weeks away and we still have our day at Six Flags planned the weekend before (the 25th) I have been busy getting prepared for those and I still have a ton to do. But I think these two events will be a great test for DD and us to see how she will do at WDW.

On a WDW note, I pre-ordered our photopass yesterday. And I started washing the clothing I have set aside for DD for our trip :cool1: So many cute things, Ill take a few pic and post here! I also took a peak in our Disney box and checked what we have and what we still need, and took out all my To-DO projects, I think I have too many!:rotfl2:

And on that note, off to change the laundry to the dryer :rolleyes:

UGH! I am glad ya'll are feeling better. That can be hard to deal with. It sounds like you are going to be busy the next few weeks. Making time fly and Disney will be here before you know it!!
We got back from out trip to TN this past weekend. Let me tell you it was PERFECT. DS did so wonderful with everything from eating out to riding for 10 hours! We went to Dollywood to test him out with a park and he loved it. He really enjoyed the rides.
When we got back we had his first totally adorable Disney outfit in the mail!! If I can figure out how to post a picture I will do it so you can see. It is a brown and white Jon Jon with a safari Mickey with his name under it.
Oh, DS also did great sleeping in the pack-n-play. I will have to remember to add another sheet to my list.

Things have been going crazy here! We just got back from the hospital were we had to take DD for xrays. Last night Dh was brushing DD's teeth and he sat her on the toilet, she threw a fit when he took the tooth brush away and started to fall off the seat, he grabbed her arm and apparently dislocated her elbow. I think I feel worse for DH then DD! :sad2: DD won't move her arm this morning so I rushed her to the dr who ordered xrays, and said that it's back in place and give her tylenol and use a sling to keep it in place and call back tomorrow. Poor DH is beating himself up, feels aweful for hurting his princess :sad1: The dr and I keep telling him, he saved her from a much worse head injury :confused3 so be happy it could be MUCH worse:thumbsup2

DD is recovering nicely, she's already jumping around, giggling and moving her arm a bit :worship: I think she will be ok, just going to keep her calm and watch her closely, NO MORE SITTING ON THE POTTY, atleast until she's old enough to go potty on it :rotfl:

On to the Disney stuff! With Southwest new sale, our flight could be $80 each way if we flew out sat, and home monday, but DH said getting the extra day off (monday) just wasn't possible :sad2: I should be happy for what I have, but thats a seat for DD both ways!!!!:sad1: I never should have checked the prices :confused3 So we are sticking with Fri-Sun :confused: So bittersweet!

I am fully aware of the heat factor by going to WDW in September! When we went for Dh’s birthday in 09 we were in shorts and tanks and sweating the whole time! So when buying all of us our Disney clothing I made sure to keep it light airy and cool. I am going to be sticking with 3-4 dresses, 2 mini skirts, 2 shorts and some light tanks. We do plan on doing laundry one day, so I’m trying to pack for 4/5 days and do laundry ½ way through. DH will have Old Navy tee’s, maybe 2 polos and shorts. And DD well here a few outfit I had so far, I have a few more I just got, need to wash then Ill take pictures.

IMG_2399.jpg

IMG_2398.jpg

IMG_2397.jpg

IMG_2396.jpg

IMG_2395.jpg

IMG_2393.jpg

IMG_2392.jpg

IMG_2391.jpg

IMG_2390.jpg

IMG_2387.jpg

IMG_2386.jpg

IMG_2385.jpg

IMG_2383.jpg

IMG_2382.jpg

IMG_2381.jpg

These are a few extra pieces, not necessarily together
IMG_2378.jpg

Her Swim Suits:
IMG_2376.jpg

IMG_2374.jpg

PJ’s
IMG_2373.jpg

IMG_2369.jpg

IMG_2370.jpg

IMG_2371.jpg

IMG_2372.jpg

Just finished catching up! Im sorry to hear about your DDs elbow! I know exactly how your DH is feeling though, last month DS spilt my cup of tea down himself.. spent 4 days in the hospital from the burns.. it was a nightmare. Worst feeling as a parent ever!

I took DS as a lap child last year on SW, all you need to bring is a copy of their birth certificate as proof that they are under 2. I also looked at the SW fares and am so angry! They released the October dates middle of march and Oct 2nd sold out after 2 days.. didnt get the chance to book. Called SW, asked if they would reopen dates and they told me if theyre sold out than thats it. Low and behold, last week they reopened the 'sold out' flights. Needless to say I booked my return through Jetblue and the Jetblue tickets are non-refundable :sad1: So now instead of flying home into the airport thats 15 minutes from my house, I am flying into LGA, an hour away and have to rent a town car to pick us up. So aggravating!

I hear you about the king beds as well! DS usually falls asleep with me and than goes into his crib. Some nights he spends the whole night with DH and myself. He is a cuddler! Last year we had queen beds at CSR so he slept with us the whole week, this year we are staying at CBR and have double beds. Im really nervous about this because I know DS will NOT sleep in a pack and play, and I really dont want to sleep in a seperate bed from DH while on our yearly vacation. I have to figure this out soon though!

Oh and cute outfits by the way! Deep down I am saddened at the lack of selection for boys clothes! However, I know DH is very happy that DS was a boy because he knows we would be poor had he been a girl.. her wardrobe alone would have been put us in the poor house:rotfl:

Hurray for the lowered prices on airfare! Too bad dh can't get the extra day off. It stinks when work or school get in the way of Disney fun.

Sorry to hear you and dd were sick. Glad you are both better. I hope her elbow heals quickly. I bet she is very careful at tooth brushing time now?

I hope you have a safe and fun 6 hour trip! We are on a 2500 mile journey right now. We are in the final stretch of our trip. 8 hours was the max our 7 year old could handle. So we stopped frequently at motels along the way. Next time I think we will fly, that driving so much is for the birds!

Did you order your own CD or are you leading a photopass group purchase? I am thinking of finding a group for Sept. We never purchased a cd before, and I like the idea of going in with others to save $.

Cute clothing for your dd. Have you ever seen the Disney pillowcase dresses on Etsy? I'm thinking of ordering a shirt or 2 for ds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter