Pros- do you take your camera?

Discussion in 'Photography Board' started by jude&jonah, Feb 7, 2013.

1. jude&jonah

jude&jonah Mouseketeer

I've been a full time photographer in Connecticut for 7 years- I'll always love my job to a degree but also, picking up a camera is just that- a job- and sometimes the thought of picking up a camera is dreadful to me.

Are there any other full time or almost full time professionals on this board who have had to make the decision to take or not take a camera? Last time I went to Disney I just used my iphone- and while it was freeing- I am sad to not have many gorgeous, artistic images. I could consider taking something easy and light like my mark iii and a 50mm.

Thoughts? Tia! :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. photo_chick

photo_chick Knows a little about a lot of things, a lot about

Vacation is the one time I get to shoot for me and no one else. I couldn't possibly go to WDW without my gear.

4. jude&jonah

jude&jonah Mouseketeer

Thanks for the feedback! I may be sad if I go again without any camera gear...

5. JoeDif

JoeDif DIS Veteran

Have you considered any of the new mirrorless systems for travel? They are light and the image quality is incredible. I recently switched over to an Olympus PEN system when traveling and absolutely love it.

6. Gianna'sPapa

Gianna'sPapa DIS Veteran

Because shooting at WDW is so different than what I normally do, I find it refreshing. I view it as an opportunity to re-sharpen skills that I normally don't use. As Danielle said, I would be lost without my equipment.

7. jude&jonah

jude&jonah Mouseketeer

Thanks guys! Don't own an equipment other than what I own for work- I hate to say it but I don't really enjoy photography as a hobby much these days so I've never wanted to invest in things unless I absolutely need them to cut down my workflow with my business. Maybe one day again I will love it- doubtful! The industry kills my love for it- hah!