Pros and cons for Eastern or western

happyj

DIS Veteran
If you have the choice which would you do an eastern or western cruise ?

We've done both and I like them equally. DW however doesn't like the Western as much, Key West was great, Grand Cayman OK, But Cozumel made her jumpy with all the barkers and people hanging around the front of the shops trying to get you to come in.
If you like Sea days and relaxed Islands then the Eastern is the way to go. More ports and shopping etc go west.

I love to snorkel, and I think Cozumel is the best for that. When we do eastern I always to to Trunk Bay, USVINP! I do prefer the Western Caribbean cruises the best.

If you have the choice which would you do an eastern or western cruise ?
We too have sailed on both...liked them both for different reasons...honestly if Disney had a 7 night to "nowhere" - just "sea days/nights" - I'd be the first to book it :) THE best part of the DC is being on the DC!

We too have sailed on both...liked them both for different reasons...honestly if Disney had a 7 night to "nowhere" - just "sea days/nights" - I'd be the first to book it :) THE best part of the DC is being on the DC!

I agree :goodvibes

Are the seas rougher on an Eastern Itinerary than a Western? We sailed a Western Carribean out of New Orleans a few years ago in February on another line, and we had less motion than we had on our Dream cruise to the Bahamas this past October!

We personally prefer the Eastern itinerary because it has more sea days, which we love, and we don't care much for Mexico.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter