Proposals to charge $10 for ESTA?

Discussion in 'UK Trip Planning Forum' started by wayneg, Sep 7, 2009.

1. wayneg

wayneg Moderator Moderator

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Cyrano

Cyrano Moderator Moderator

Will be interesting if this bill goes through and EU impose similar tax on US visitors :confused3

4. UKDEB

UKDEB Moderator Emeritus Moderator

This isn't a new proposal. There was a big hoo-ha about it around 12 months ago. The US tourism industry was very critical of it and Orlando was particularly vociferous.

5. natalielongstaff

natalielongstaff <font color=deeppink>I need a cup of tea and a big

more stealth taxes !!

6. Dimplenose

Dimplenose <font color=red>Stranger from the outside<br><font

I have mixed feelings about this. One one hand I don't feel that the US tax payer should be paying the administration fee for part of my holiday on the other the US certainly got more than $40 worth of business from my family during our last trip.

In the scheme of things $40 wouldn't really make much difference to a £5000+ holiday.

7. willstewart

willstewart Earning My Ears

But it's all these "little" things that crop up that do add loads to the cost of a holiday. Once that works, there will be another £15 "green" tax introduced by the UK dictatorship to offset the cost of the trees used for the paper and that will increase the following year etc (regardless of whather it has anything to do with them)

8. lin85prest

lin85prest Mouseketeer

:mad::mad: If you go in to the States via Canada they charge 6 dollars with the green waiver form

9. Obi Wan Kenobi

Obi Wan Kenobi DIS Veteran

hardly surprising really.

How many of you are aware that you pay extra taxes in Florida due to you being visitors?

Its the way of big government.
    We pay more airport duty than Americans due to our own Government, so why be surprised when another government taxes us as well? they know we are suckers for taxes :rotfl: