• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Proposal Ideas

I saw a YouTube video once were the guy recruited the help of Main Street performers. They pulled her out of the croustade, sang to her and introduced her. Really public, but awesome!

Funny, DH and I were just talking about that while we watched the fireworks. We think its fake. Too many people "saw" it on different days and there are multiple camera angles. Seems like Disney staged it. But who knows? A cool idea if you are into public proposals and can sing!

Does she have a favorite ride or movie? I'd prefer a ride where its just the two of you, can't think of which ones that would work on.

Thanks for all the ideas. A new wrinkle is that it looks like we will be there in early December. So maybe something during "snow".

I proposed to my now wife at DL. Pulled a 'present' from under the Christmas tree on Main Street that had the ring in it. And the rest is history…….

Little slight of hand. Ring boxes are not that big so it was easy to carry it in my pocket. As we walked by the tree I 'spied' her present sitting under the tree. Just pretended to pick up the box and then handed it to her. You may be able to get a CM to do the placing but I don't really know how that would work.

This was mentioned earlier

disneyland-marriage-proposal1.jpeg

Thanks for all the ideas. A new wrinkle is that it looks like we will be there in early December. So maybe something during "snow".

I was proposed to last December on Main Street just after the fireworks while the snow was falling and that beautiful version of White Christmas was playing :cloud9: :lovestruc

If you do it on Mark Twain ask to Captain the ship and ask her in the wheelhouse, that would be super unique. :)

I second that as a great idea if you want something more private, since it would only be the two of you and the captain (one way to pop the question would be to write the question in the guest book before she has a chance to sign it).

You could also have a glow-in-the-dark ring on the Haunted Mansion and pull it out when you reach the mirrors (she'll be looking in the mirror and suddenly see the ring's reflection).

For the Lilly Belle, just make sure that you are seated the farthest away from the entrance so that you're the last ones off, which gives you a few minutes to actually propose (unless you have it filled with friends and family, which could be cute as it would be an instant engagement party when you actually do propose).

You could actually do a somewhat quiet proposal after World of Color, while the crowds are filing out...

My DH did this!

He managed to do it so quietly that not even the CMs noticed, and while we were standing there basking in the moment we got told to move along :lmao:

He did mean to do it at Ariel's (we had the dining package), but he said he felt too rushed and it wasn't the right mood. If he'd have been willing to spread the word to a couple of CMs there I'm sure they could have helped him out a bit, and that would have also been lovely. Then you could watch WOC afterwards as your first activity as an engaged couple.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter