Proposal Help

CALL guest services or the wedding coordinators at Disney. They have done this before. They Will help. We won't be there till the end of April begining of May. Sorry we will miss it.

SomeGuy78, I don't think you have enough posts for people to be able to PM you... I think you have to have at least 10.

Last edited:
I think you just have to post a sentence or bump it up until you get to 10...

Does anyone have any pictures they are willing to share of the view from the Tomorrowland bridge?

With my trip just around the corner, I'm getting really excited. Has anyone used TouringPlans site before?

Hmmmm. You should be able to click on someone's user name and then click on start a conversation. I'm not seeing it for you.

I'm not seeing an option to PM anyone. Am I missing something? Where is it located at?
I just sent you a PM (conversation). Look at the top right of the forum web page. You should see an "In box" just above the search box.

j

Has anyone used TouringPlans site before?
I've used TouringPlans in the past. He has good information that is directionally correct. Predictions on crowds and waits are just that, predictions. His park recommendations use his own thinking. Read through his rationale to see if you agree. A couple of years ago when I paid for it, he said stay away from any park with EMH that day. I found the extra hours made that park better at the early and very late times.

It used to be a pay service. Not sure if it still is, but I have found other sites that seem as accurate that are free. I have them bookmarked on my laptop at home. I'll add some links on here tonight if no one else has jumped in.

j

If having this filmed & photographed you should really hire a REAL photographer for this. Hoping that some random person on here is going to see it and then be there available to do this is, in my opinion is much too great of risk to take. So so so many things can and will probably go wrong.

X person has a sick kid and cant make it
X person ended up sleeping in from the big day before and cant make it

Way to many IFs on this one. People can make and do make all the promises in the world but things don't always pan out. Do you want to take that risk?

As for the Disney photographers there not really trained photographers. They are a hired person to snap the button on a fancy camera and nothing more. They don't get focus, can't nail it to save their own life. I know this for a fact! I'm not saying every single one is a bad photographer but the majority of them haven't a clue.

Look on google, find a real photographer/videographer that lives in the area look through their portfolio, find a good one with good reviews and hire them. There are several in the area with annual passes that do this kind of thing. Then you should have peace of mind on this. Yes, it will cost you. Only you can decide if it is worth the cost. Ask yourself what you are willing to risk if this random person does not show?

Last edited:
I understand what you are saying. I would love to hire a professional photographer, but unfortunately that just isn't in the cards. I realize that there is a possibility that there won't be any video and I'm fine with that. I'm just saying it would be nice if anyone can stop by for 5 minutes, to do a quick recording and then have a little chat afterwards. I know that Disney photographers may not be the best, but I'm assuming they will get at least one decent shot. In the end all that really matters is that I am proposing to the woman that I love. Documenting it is only a wish that I hope will come out well.

I think that is soo sweet & lovely! You're right! That is all that really matters LOVE!

I sure hope I didn't offend you with my less than stellar comment about Disney photogs. I would think they would take a little bit more time with the photos when it comes to a surprise like yours.

I would just be a nervous reck taking a risk on the possibility a stranger would show/not show. I imagine Disney does film things like that for around my guess a $300 - $500 price tag. Worth checking into for an outside pro videographer.....price could be a lot more affordable than you think. Then again, a Disney videographer could be too.....

What ever happens, I sure wish you all the best and please do share after the proposal.

[QUOTE= In the end all that really matters is that I am proposing to the woman that I love. Documenting it is only a wish that I hope will come out well.[/QUOTE

No offense was taken. I might see how much an outside pro would cost. Maybe I can get my parents to pay :D

Here is some info that is on one of the Disney web sites. This is a great suggestion to have early breakfast and access to the castle area before opening and have the place to yourself.

Ask Guest Relations if there is an available PhotoPass photographer that will take pictures of your proposal. There is, almost always, a PhotoPass photographer in front of Cinderella's Castle.

1. Make a breakfast reservation before the park opens. Arrive early and propose in an almost empty theme park. Great proposal locations:

Thanks Sundancer330. I've read that too but when I looked to make a reservation for breakfast, there were no time slots available. I thought of doing it in front of the castle, but someone said that it's under construction so the next best site would be on the bridge from TomorrowLand looking at the side of the castle. Plus most people won't be there to take a picture especially right after rope drop.​

I have seen several proposals over the years at WDW. I have been going every few years since 75. Several have gotten help from Disney Street Performers. Made it look like they were just picking someone out of the crowd to help with something. I really would call either Guest Relations or the Disney Wedding Coordinators. They can come up with something really special. I have seen one man propose with the help of Cinderella and Prince Charming. That one was many years ago. But I would at least call. At a minimum the can give you suggestions.

I think this will be fun! I plan on trying to be there that day at rope drop to see this magical moment. Of course, it all depends on the Disney buses... Anyone else planning to join us?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter