1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Programmable running app?

Discussion in 'W.I.S.H' started by erin1715, Sep 24, 2013.

1. erin1715

erin1715 DIS Veteran

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone uses or knows of an app for the iphone that I can manually program? I have used the C25K app and while i like it, I'm at the point where I want to just alternate run/walk at my own time/pace. For example, I want to program an app that tells me to start running for 5 minutes, then walk for 3 minutes, run 5, walk 3, etc....I'd like to have a voice tell me when to alternate so I'm not constantly looking at the timer. Is there an app that does that?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. cewait

cewait DIS Veteran

Runkeeper does just that

4. DisneyJillian18

DisneyJillian18 Mouseketeer

I second Runkeeper, I love it!

5. erin1715

erin1715 DIS Veteran

Thank you! I downloaded it and customized my own walk/run routine...much appreciated :thumbsup2

6. cewait

cewait DIS Veteran

as your runs increase in length, turn off the wifi and 4G antenna off. These are not required for the GPS and will zap a battery fast as they search and switch for reception.

I use mine for races only as it helps my crew watch me and know when I am headed down the road at them.

7. schoonersky

schoonersky Mouseketeer

Coach will Runkeeper work without data? I want to use mine for W&D but my phone is Canadian and the data roaming for 3 hours would be really expensive! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards