Profile Silhouettes

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by dlovesdisney, May 26, 2009.

1. dlovesdisney

dlovesdisney Earning My Ears

I would like to get a profile silhouette of DS(4) done when we are in WDW in July. Just as my parents had one done of me at DL when I was his age.

Can someone tell me where this would be located in the parks? Does every park have a place to have this done. And if you've had this done recently, could you tell me how much it costs?
    TIA!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Cheryl592000

Cheryl592000 Just keep swimming, swimming...

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but, I think they do that in Liberty Square near the Liberty Belle boat & Hall of Presidents.

4. ilovejsparrow

ilovejsparrow <font color=darkorchid>Working on my degree so I c

I just had one done.. there's a stand near the Hall of Presidents and one in a little alleyway in between shops on Main Street in MK. You get two copies for $8, not including the frame.

5. Melknor

Melknor Mouseketeer

I had them done in April at Epcot in France. There is a stand there that also does the umbrella paintings. 2 for $8

6. meway

meway Mouseketeer

I had my children's silhouettes done in early 2008 on a side street off to the right on Main Street in MK (heading toward the castle).

Every time I look at it, I am still amazed at how the artist was able to capture their profile! My youngest dd was wearing a Snow White costume at the time, and you can even make out the high collar of the costume. Such a great souvenir and so worth the money...

7. Lady SnowElla

Lady SnowElla Mouseketeer

We had them done at MK & again at DTD. I really thought the gentleman that did them at DTD was the best. Not that the ones done at MK weren't good--just thought the ones at DTD were a little better.

8. wvdislover

wvdislover DIS Veteran

We had them done of our DD's a couple of years ago. The man (he was from Raleigh, NC) did a fantastic job, in an amazingly short amount of time. He was even able to capture my youngest DD's ringlets at the bottom of her hair, which her sister cut off a few weeks later :eek:

9. ColoradoDis

ColoradoDis DIS Veteran

I just want to say that these are some of my favorite keepsakes. My mother had one done of me when I was about 5 so I started doing these when my oldest daughter was 3 or so on her first trip to WDW. After her sister was born, I've kept up the tradition every trip. We now have a series done for each daughter - it's amazing how they have changed over the years.

We'll be stopping by one of the artists on our trip in 23! days to keep the tradition alive.

You won't regret starting your own tradition.

10. Dizneycrazy3

Dizneycrazy3 The one,the only,the original Dizneycrazy3

They have one of those carts off on the side of main street.That is where we always go.It is a tradition since we took DD on her first trip in 2005.Last time I not only got one of her.But one of the two of us.I have that one in my bedroom.I plan on doing that again on our 2011 trip.The cost when we were there in November was 8.00 and you get two profiles.I think the frames are 4.00 each?They are just plastic.But I like them.I always purchase the frames.Hard to find oval frames in that size.

11. Scot-n-Michelle

Scot-n-Michelle Mouseketeer

I would have never known about this if it had not been for the disboards!!! We had our daughter's done last year - my son fell asleep in his stroller - so his was not done. Have a spot in my hallway waiting for his to be done this year. The man who did it was amazing - wish I had a talent like that!!

12. tarabelle13

tarabelle13 Mouseketeer

We get them done every year, they are a unique souvenier. Another place not mentioned already is Downtown Disney - Near the pin traders store