Professional Internship HOUSING Q!

mrgibson

Earning My Ears
So if theres a raffle to see who gets housing, does that mean other ppl have to find their own housing??

And at Northbridge, what is rent like? For me at Chatham it was $83 a week, which was not too bad. ALso, is Northbridge furnished like chatham and vista were?

One last thing, I thought Shatham was very nice; how does Northbridge compare?

THANKS!

~Matt

Fall 2005 CP - Tower of Terror

also, how would u say the chances r of the PI leading to a full-time job with Disney doing the same thing as your internship?

It is $129 a week, and that includes everything. $530 a month is not a bad price, but the bad part is that you have to share a room.

It is really convenient not having to worry about housing, but it is a bit far from WDW (20-30 mins).

My internship has been extended for a year and I think I am moving out after my first 6 months are up and i can find my own place. Hope this helps!

Does anyone know of other housing opportunities that arent through the roof? I really dont want to have to give away my dog!!

There are a lot of apartments in the area but most of them are rent controlled, which means you could be making too much as an intern to live there. If you have access to the Eyes & Ears (through a campus rep or recruiter), that will be a good bet as to apartment listings through the classified section.

Good luck!

Does anyone know of other housing opportunities that arent through the roof? I really dont want to have to give away my dog!!

I know alot of people after their CP who went full time live in Sabal Palms on 535, literally right across the street from Vista Way, Bennigans, etc. The rent isn't too terrible, and you're in a good location, much closer than Northbridge.

Northbridge isn't too far away in my opinion...there hasn't ever been traffic when I go to/from work and home, and I work in Celebration. The 20 min drive is a piece of cake. But just be ready to share a room w/someone...;)

Northbridge isn't too far away in my opinion...there hasn't ever been traffic when I go to/from work and home, and I work in Celebration. The 20 min drive is a piece of cake. But just be ready to share a room w/someone...;)

So by sharing a room.... Say its a 2 bedroom apartment how many interns will be in there? 2 per room or 2 people total

From what I understand..

4 people total in a 2 bedroom apartment
5 people total in a 3 bedroom apartment, so somebody gets their own room

I could be wrong though.

From what I understand..

4 people total in a 2 bedroom apartment
5 people total in a 3 bedroom apartment, so somebody gets their own room

I could be wrong though.

that sucks so much :-( can we have guest over when ever we want?

Again, I'm not positive, but I think there is a guest curfew. This might just be for Chatam and Vista though. Do you mean overnight guests? You'd probably have to work that out with your roommate anyway..

I'm pretty sure there is no limit to guest visits at northbridge. Northbridge is not exclusive to Disney employees, and while there is a gate, from what I've heard it's almost always open.

That's correct.

If it's a 2 bedroom, then there will be 4 people and for a 3 bedroom, it's 5 people (one person having their own room). It could be different if someone moves out or other issues. Northbridge does have a security guard at the entrance for visitors, and you just have to tell them in advance when you'll have a visitor coming, and/or your visitor will have to tell the security guard your name and apt#, and they will call the phone # on file to that apt to get approval.

The gates used to remain open when our internship first started in Jan., but now there is a security guard there 24-7 and the gates close after each car. They also places spikes on the exit gate just in case someone were to try and enter through the EXIT.

You ARE allowed to have visitors. Be sure and work it out w/your roommates...it shouldn't be a big deal.

my 2 cents: don't try and over-plan your living situation here on the disboards. I found 2 roommates in advance on this site, but ended up requesting to be replaced into another vacant spot in a different apartment. It turns out that the vacant spot I was filling was also another situation where they met each other on disboards, but things just didn't work out. Fortunately, Disney Housing was really accommodating, and very helpful and supportive during my whole moving process.

good luck, and just have fun. ;)

:flower3:

Alright thank you for the info everyone, I hope I can get the single room in a 3 person apartment :-)

hi everyone,
Did anyone else get the email that they got into northbridge but there was a section that talked about being put in one of three housing places. I think someone mentioned it before. Does anyone know anything about these other housing places or if they are better or worse than Northbridge.
thanks

yeah what happens is that you check in at vista and then into Northbridge. That's the reply i got from them when I asked if i was living in Vista.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter