Processional Music

Discussion in 'Disney Weddings and Honeymoons' started by MickeysStarTrader, Nov 14, 2012.

1. MickeysStarTrader

MickeysStarTrader I shall call him squishy and he shall be mine and

I'm looking for some inspiration for our processional music. What did you guys use for your entrance and your bridal party's entrance(s)? I'm personally looking for something Disney as opposed to classical, but I'd really appreciate you guys sharing whatever it was that you used or will be using in your ceremony. Thank you! :flower3:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. lurkyloo

lurkyloo The Attic was just perfect!

Our attendents (both guys) entered to the alternate James Bond theme from "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" and I entered to "Off to Work" from "The Incredibles."

4. geek+nerd

geek+nerd DIS Veteran

My husband walked down to "If I didn't have you" from Monsters, Inc. My MOH and FG walked down to "Bibbidi bobbidi boo," and my dad and I entered to "Now I see the light" from Tangled.

5. tashka87

tashka87 Mouseketeer

I am going to use "Aimer" from french musical Romeo and Juliette for bridal party and my entrance.:rolleyes1

6. lyncecelia

lyncecelia DIS Veteran

This could still change, but as of right now FH is walking in to the theme of Dragon Quest 8, the bridal party to "Someday my Prince Will Come" and my dad and I to "O Sol Mio". (it's a very special song to me, I sang it to my Nana for her 99th birthday and again before she passed.)

I absolutely despise the song "Here Comes the Bride" and refuse to play it at our wedding.

7. labelo

labelo Earning My Ears

I reeeeeeaaaalllly wanted "The Wedding Announcement from The Little Mermaid - the song that plays when Vanessa is going to marry Eric just before Ariel and Co bust up the party? But I don't think it's going to be long enough for me to get down the aisle, especially since I'd want to cut the first stanza with the organ.

It starts at about 1:25 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELYrQR0eJjM

8. Emily11212

Emily11212 Joe's Bride :-)

Lyncecelia, I feel the same exact way. Did you know it's actually from a German opera, and right after the song, a bunch of people are about to get murdered, lol?? I arranged "He'll Make Me Happy" from The Muppets Take Manhattan (I'm a musician). My girls entered on this, and then my Dad and I entered on the big key change and had plenty of time to make it down the aisle. It was perfect. :-)

9. minniebride

minniebride DIS Veteran

Here is what we chose for our harpist:

MOTHER’S SEATING
    SUNRISE, SUNSET from Fiddler on the Roof

BRIDAL PARTY –
    Officiant, Groom, Groomsmen=ONCE UPON A DREAM Disney
    Bridesmaids, Flower Girl, Ring Bearer=DANCE OF THE LAMBS by Kim Robertson

BRIDE’S PROCESSIONAL
    CANON IN D

CEREMONY MUSIC -
    KETUBAH READING=DODI LI

RECESSIONAL
    BEAUTY & THE BEAST

10. kkbutterfly

kkbutterfly Mouseketeer

We had a violinist at SBP and my husband entered to the Indiana Jones theme and I walked into the wedding march from the Sound of Music (one of my all time favorite movies) although I didn't actually hear either! The man played for 3 hours and I didn't hear a single thing he played!

11. CityGirlLost

CityGirlLost DIS Veteran

DH entered to the chorus of "That's How You Know" from Enchanted. I entered to "I See the Light" from Tangled.

12. kmaclou

kmaclou Disney Bride May 27, 2010

The wedding party entered in with the closing music from Fantastmic! And my Dad and I processed to When You Wish Upon a Star.

13. bradleyjess

bradleyjess Mouseketeer

I think I'm about to steal your idea. I just listened to "I see the light" and CRIED. I want an acoustic version to walk out to :)

14. geek+nerd

geek+nerd DIS Veteran

That was my processional for me as well. It sounded unbelievably beautiful on the organ at the WP. DH, then DF, and I went to see Tangled and I burst into tears during that scene in the movie. I knew that was the song I wanted to walk into. DH now calls it our song :)

15. bradleyjess

bradleyjess Mouseketeer

It's so perfect!

16. Emily11212

Emily11212 Joe's Bride :-)

I See the Light was our first dance at the reception!! It really is a perfect Disney wedding song, in whatever way it's used! :-)

17. MickeysStarTrader

MickeysStarTrader I shall call him squishy and he shall be mine and

Roughly how long does a walk down the aisle take? I've heard like 15-20 seconds as an average, I know it varies upon location. I think Yacht & Beach Club Wedding Gazebo brides have the longest walk

18. AmericangirlinFrance

AmericangirlinFrance DIS Veteran

We used classical/religious music for our ceremony, and we didn't get married in Disney, but I thought I'd chime in! We had an organist and a trumpet player.

Seating of Mothers/Grandmothers: We used an instrumental version of the hymn "This Is My Father's World." No good Youtube link since our organist and and trumpeter sort of just used the hymn as a "guide".

Wedding party processional: St. Anthony's Chorale (Haydn)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_vStP4ZN4M (We used an arrangement similar to this, but a bit faster paced)

Bridal processional: Te Deum - Prelude (Charpentier).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyvWxPVAE8Q (We used an arrangement very similar to this, except slowed down a bit)
    The piece is normally played like THIS (and would be great as a recessional at this faster pace) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GztZJwDCaS8

Wedding recessional: Toccata in D (Widor)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKejfYzB3ak

I looooved our wedding music. :lovestruc But we are both kind of nerdy classical music people, so it's not for everyone.