Problems with linking photopass with new Signature AP

JAG107

Former Jungle Cruise Skipper
Here's the story: We bought 3 Dx AP's and one Signature AP on Nov. 3rd. It made sense for one of us to get the Signature so we could park for free (difference pays off in 14 visits), and as a bonus get the photopass downloads for free. I set up an account on DL's website and linked the Sig. pass to it. When I go onto the site to try and view the photopasses, it just sends me to the "go here to link your pass" site and then tells me it's already linked. I called the tech support number on 3 separate occasions and spoke with different CM's who all looked into it, said the pass was linked and they couldn't understand why it wasn't working, try looking again in 24 hrs, all to no avail. On the 4th call, the CM transferred me to the photopass HQ in FL (407 area code). I spend 75 minutes on hold and finally got through. The CM tells me "Oh yeah there's problems with the new site, this is happening to lots of people. There's a fix in the works but it won't take effect until SOMETIME IN JANUARY. Sorry you had to wait so long to find that out." After asking him to repeat what he said because I thought I didn't hear that right, I asked him about how the site says all photopasses are invalid 30 days after they are taken, if I can't get to them until January what happens then? "Oh they will probably still be there, they know that there's been issues and are unlikely to delete anyone's photos from the server."
So I guess I get to take this guy's word for it and hope they're still there. And so much for using the family picture in front of the Christmas tree for our Christmas cards this year! I really don't feel like spending 15 bucks on a picture that should be free based on the advertised perks offered with the $850 pass they sold me!
Is anyone else having this trouble??

Had the same issue a couple of weeks ago. Spoke with a PP manager in FL and she got into my account to verify the photos were there. What browser are you using? (IE or Chrome?) For whatever reason the PP system was having issues with IE. While on the phone with FL the CM told me to use Chrome and the photos appeared and everything worked. She also said that photos linked to your AP on your Sig or Sig+ AP will be stored for a year.

Last edited:
Well that's good to hear! I use Firefox, and I occasionally have issues with all of Disney's sites. IE is absolutely the worst though, so I no longer use it. I will give Chrome a whirl and see if that helps, thanks!

Good to know. I am going to upgrade my annual pass in 3 weeks, so that I can get the photopass photos included too!

Oh dear. We did the same thing (signature for me and deluxe for the family solely for the photopass pics) last week. We just got home last night and eother today or tomorrow I was hoping to viewand download my pictures. Fingers crossed it works.

We were told that our photos would be good for a year for the date our passes were activated. The CM on the PP helpline was great! He was able to move our photos to the regular PP site (i.e. not the AP site), so we could access them that way.

So I had no problem linking the pictures from the regular photopass cards we received and the PP# from the back of my Signature AP, but it is telling me the codes for the character breakfasts are invalid, so I guess I'll be having to contact them for help tomorrow.

Well magically everything was working on the AP site today. The downloads were real glitchy, but I got them all! Yay!

I was able to email the character meal codes and they loaded them to my account and found the missing photos.
They also said that they are working on adding borders/stickers for AP'ers...but I won't hold my breath for that!

The only glitch I found was trying to do a mass download of all 240 pictures. It downloaded fine, but the folders were not able to be opened. So I went back in and downloaded them by day so it wasn't so many at once, and it worked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter