Problem at Disney Terminal

I had a "suspicious package" problem when I went on the 10-day Wonder in 2006. We had to wait in our cars for like 2 hours! :scared1: They brought the dogs out to sniff everything and the works. It sucked, but I'd much rather be safe than sorry! :rolleyes1

I was on this cruise and in the terminal checking in while we were being evacuated. It happened around 1045 or 11. It wasnt canisters from the construction. Actually it had to do with a black truck that was parked outside the terminal apparently the dogs smelled some bombs or something funny smelling. they did let people back on the ship. but people who came after that had to be redirected and walk over to the ship since they closed the street off. It was going on for about 3 hrs. Yes they did leave on time

Is anyone that is posting here actually on the ship???????

Just back from the Wonder and the terminal evacuation on 5/21 was not a big deal. Alarms went off in the terminal and we had to evacuate about 11:20-11:25 just before we were about to board. We were back inside the terminal within 25 min. or so.

The weather was the real damper for the trip especially Castaway Cay....that was the bummer : (

We were on the Wonder on the 21st.
We were in line to check in. Sixth in line to be exact when the dogs alerted on the suspicious vehicle. We were diverted to a parking lot where we were not informed of the problem for an hour. Many people thought it was where they had to park. So they unpacked and walked to the terminal only to be told to re-pack their luggage in the car and sit. No one form Disney was in the parking lot for about a hour and a half and the terminal staff was clueless. My family and the ones we were traveling with all totaled contained four police offices and a customs officer. And we were not impressed with the manner in which it was handled. Then when the all clear was finally alerted everyone tried to broad at the same time! The parking attendants couldn’t handle it, the terminal couldn’t handle it and the cruise ship couldn’t handle it.

We had our life boat drill and half the people were not on the ship. Oh well, I guess they just have no idea what to do in the case of an emergency. Then the sail away party. Half missed it! Oh, well! We sailed late. No word from Disney at all. It was like it did not happen. Don’t get me wrong. I’m on vacation. I took heed; I got to the port as early as possible to enjoy the pool and my shrimp! So I don’t want to dwell on the negative but no compensation, no mention of the incident , nothing. I feel like I got jiped out of three hours out of my cruise.

This was our first Disney cruise and I am fanatical about the parks but I was not impressed. I am all for safety and I don’t want to be anywhere a suspicious package is. But lets get organized. This has happened there before.

A plan should be in place. And let me tell you we were not far enough away from the car if it was a real bomb. And they left the people on the ship (who had already boarded) and they were defiantly not far enough away if it turned out to be a bomb.

I can handle the rain; that’s not Disney. But I cannot handle being hurried onto a ship like cattle because we are trying to make a deadline. Talk about a bad first impression.

We were on the Wonder on the 21st.
We were in line to check in. Sixth in line to be exact when the dogs alerted on the suspicious vehicle. We were diverted to a parking lot where we were not informed of the problem for an hour. Many people thought it was where they had to park. So they unpacked and walked to the terminal only to be told to re-pack their luggage in the car and sit. No one form Disney was in the parking lot for about a hour and a half and the terminal staff was clueless. My family and the ones we were traveling with all totaled contained four police offices and a customs officer. And we were not impressed with the manner in which it was handled. Then when the all clear was finally alerted everyone tried to broad at the same time! The parking attendants couldn’t handle it, the terminal couldn’t handle it and the cruise ship couldn’t handle it.

We had our life boat drill and half the people were not on the ship. Oh well, I guess they just have no idea what to do in the case of an emergency. Then the sail away party. Half missed it! Oh, well! We sailed late. No word from Disney at all. It was like it did not happen. Don’t get me wrong. I’m on vacation. I took heed; I got to the port as early as possible to enjoy the pool and my shrimp! So I don’t want to dwell on the negative but no compensation, no mention of the incident , nothing. I feel like I got jiped out of three hours out of my cruise.

This was our first Disney cruise and I am fanatical about the parks but I was not impressed. I am all for safety and I don’t want to be anywhere a suspicious package is. But lets get organized. This has happened there before.

A plan should be in place. And let me tell you we were not far enough away from the car if it was a real bomb. And they left the people on the ship (who had already boarded) and they were defiantly not far enough away if it turned out to be a bomb.

I can handle the rain; that’s not Disney. But I cannot handle being hurried onto a ship like cattle because we are trying to make a deadline. Talk about a bad first impression.

Its nice to hear from someone that was there, AND travelling with police officers. Its too bad that all this happened, In your opinion what do you think they should have done.....Im just curious, as I will be travelling with my children and would like to know what to do in a situation like this.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter