Private Dining reception after Escape wedding - help!

Aschenputtel

Mouseketeer
Hi everybody!
I'm so glad I'm finally in the official planning process. So far everything has been smooth, but what gives me a real headache is what we should do as kind of a reception after our ceremony/cake and champagne celebration.
The new section in Carrie's book is very helpful to see what you can do, but unfortunately our guest count won't really work with that.
We will be only 4-6 people in total, but I don't want to just go in a restaurant. Has anyone done something so small for lunch/brunch? We have a (slight) UP theme, so if more people had come we would have chosen the Attic, but I think that would be crazy for only the 4/6 of us.
We're staying in the Beach Club Villas in a 2 Bedroom Villa, so I also thought about doing something in-room (or at least around the resort / Boardwalk Area).

Any help is appreciated!
TIA, Kathi

Thanks, Carrie! We already thought about doing private dining at the Grand Floridian, but we're planning on doing a DP in the evening and our ceremony is going to be in Canada Terrace, so I'd like to stay in the EPCOT area (also to keep transportation costs as low as possible).

Trattoria al Forno and many of the restaurants at the Swan & Dolphin have private rooms, but their food and beverage minimums are so high, you might as well do something at the Attic. What if you had private dining or a local restaurant deliver to your villa?

Seems like a great idea - I don't have to worry about the cake (or cake cutting fees) and the leftovers can get right into our fridge.

Years ago I attended a vow renewal followed by a dessert party where they did a similar thing. They rented a suite at the Beach Club and had a between ceremony and dessert party reception. They went super simple and got party subs and the like from Publix. But you could certain get private dining or a local restaurant to do the food. With a villa you could have a lovely private function and then go on to your dessert party. And you might save some money using an outside restaurant.

That's a great idea! Doesn't Beaches and Cream over take out? Or I just go with big plate from Earl of Sandwich.:mickeybar
I will definitely look into this!

Trattoria al Forno and many of the restaurants at the Swan & Dolphin have private rooms, but their food and beverage minimums are so high, you might as well do something at the Attic.
Does Trattoria al Forno's private dining room have a minimum for brunch? We had a farewell brunch there back when it was Kouzzina, but at that time they only charged a minimum at dinner.

Earl of Sandwich actually delivers! :banana:
DF REALLY likes the idea of a plate of sandwiches:rotfl2:. Maybe I'll just get one for him as my present to him.
But I have to say, I'll like the idea of doing something in-room more and more - that way we can incorporate our vendors and if they can't stay/don't want to stay they can leave without it being a big deal.

Does Trattoria al Forno's private dining room have a minimum for brunch? We had a farewell brunch there back when it was Kouzzina, but at that time they only charged a minimum at dinner.

Their minimum for using the private room for any meal is $2,000, regardless of time of day. Unfortunately...

Earl of Sandwich delivers???!!!! OMG THAT'S AWESOME!
I might actually now consider an in room mini reception if that's the case!

We have a 1 BR at Bay Lake, since it has a kitchen set up, I contemplated doing In Room private dining since we are a very small group as well.
But I love Earl of Sandwich, so now that Carrie has dropped this super bomb I might actually rethink my plans! :lovestruc

I saw on another forum where someone did a vow renewal & they had an in room reception catered thru Private Dining. It was a lovely set up. They were able to pick and choose what they wanted and worked directly with
Disney Private Dining. They had a customized menu and they loved it. And had way too much food afterwards. (Why is that always the case LOL)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter