Private Dining likelihood for 25th anniversary?

MouseinMelbourne

DIS Veteran
DH and I are hoping for an FLR rate in October for our 25th anniversary. Our past DCL cruises have been with DD who has severe peanut allergies, so we always got a table alone. DH and I would really appreciate that luxury again, even though DD is staying home, since we will be on an anniversary cruise. What is the likelihood of being assigned a private table? When should I ask? At booking? How do I confirm it's been done other than just showing up in he MDR the first night?

DH and I are hoping for an FLR rate in October for our 25th anniversary. Our past DCL cruises have been with DD who has severe peanut allergies, so we always got a table alone. DH and I would really appreciate that luxury again, even though DD is staying home, since we will be on an anniversary cruise. What is the likelihood of being assigned a private table? When should I ask? At booking? How do I confirm it's been done other than just showing up in he MDR the first night?

Congratulations on 25 years!! I am also going on a 25th Anniversary cruise and desire to sit alone with my DW. We have made a request through our TA and will check when we board to see if this was honored. You need to check your navigator when you arrive at the port to see where to go around 1:00 p.m. and there you can confirm or request for a change at that time. We went on a cruise for our 23rd Anniversary and got a table for two because we were CL. We are not doing that this time.

You can call at any time to request a table in the MDR for just your party. They will say they cannot guarantee it, but they will try. It's generally easier to get a table alone at second seating. If you want to see if your request went through before 1st nights dinner, you can go to wherever the navigator points you to for dining changes and check with the staff on whether your request was granted. If it was not you can ask them again and they will try to make it happen.

Aby

we have had it granted, even though they do not guarantee it, every time we have asked. never had to give a reason, they have just done it. it is easier to get with late dinning as Aby has stated but don't feel it will not be granted just because you are not staying concerige. they will do their best.
happy anniversary.

I think most likely you will be able to get a private table, especially if you are 2nd seating. We were on the Fantasy recently and I made a request for a private table the second day of the cruise. Guest services told me they couldn't guarantee a private table, but would put in a request and someone would contact us later on to let us know. About an hour later we found out we had our own table. Dinner the rest of the cruise was much more enjoyable!

As others have said, you can put in a request but it is not guaranteed. When we went on our honeymoon last summer we requested a table for two for late seating. We went to check on it the first afternoon and we had not received it. The headwaiter told us he would work on it since it was our honeymoon. So we were sitting with others the first night at dinner and it was a little awkward telling them we were trying to change to a table for two. Although they understood when they found out it was our honeymoon. The headwaiter changed us after that night. However, on my cruise in April we had no trouble getting a table for two, but I was prepared that time not to get it.

On our past two cruises, we've requested our own table of 5 and have gotten it both times.

If you spend your actual anniversary at Remy or Palo, you don't have to share your reservation for that evening with anyone else.

We have sailed many times just the two of us, and each time I booked I just asked for a private table for two.
We have been granted our request each and every time.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

On all 5 of our previous cruises we requested a private table and got it every time. We were always the second seating & we've requested a table for 2, 3 & 4 and got it each time. This cruise we're requesting a private table of 9 during first seating...we'll see.

We ate at Palo for our 24th Anniversary last year while on the Alaskan cruise. Scheduling Palo is a good way to be sure you will definitely have a table to yourselves for that evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter