private catered event?

Discussion in 'DVC-Mousecellaneous' started by Deesknee, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Deesknee

Deesknee <font color=blue>When we were kids (long time ago)

Hi Everyone,
    I want to apologize if this subject has come up before. I did a search, but nothing has been coming up for any of my searches lately. (I admit it could be me....matter of fact...it probably is me.)

I am wondering if any of you dvc members have planned a private catered event. DH & I will be celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary next year. I have gotten valuable info from other threads, but am interested in hearing dvc experience. I have contacted the catered event # and was told I need to have a ressie in our name first. I certainly understand that, but am wondering how that will affect the availability of the location I want, waiting until 11mnths out.

Any info on the event you held or are holding I would love to read. Thanks for any help/guidance. :thumbsup2

btw, we own at SSR, and will be booking for Nov. 2012.

Dee

2. Simba's Mom

Simba's Mom <font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha

I must admit, I've never heard that this was a possibility. And we're planning a trip for our 30th at OKW in April. The only thing I sort of knew of was maybe a cake. And since 30 years ago we eloped, and I miss that we didn't have a cake, we're looking into that. A private catered affair sounds nice.

3. Deesknee

Deesknee <font color=blue>When we were kids (long time ago)

Congratulations on your upcoming 30th wedding anniversary!

I found alot of info (perhaps too much) on the disney wedding thread on these disboards. Also, I don't know if you have heard or would be interested, but they are offering a memories collection thru the Disney Fairy Tale Wedding website. We were considering doing a vow renewal thru that, but have decided to do the actual vow renewal home , hopefully with the same officiant who performed the original wedding.

Here are a couple of links in case you are interested in more info.
    disney memories collection:
    http://disneyweddings.disney.go.com/weddings/florida/escape/memoriespackage/detail

and a great link provided by a fellow disboarder...lurkyloo...
    http://disneytravelbabble.com/

Hope you find these links as helpful as I have.

Dee