Printing of the Newsletters

Princess SarahK

DIS Veteran
Where did you get your newsletters printed? What type of paper, etc did you use? Would you use that business again?

Im about to be at the printing stage (hallelujah! i didnt think i would make it this far!) and dont know where to go and how much theyll charge and I dont know if its worth it to do color and higher quality paper..what are yall's thoughts? Should I have someone else do it and have them nicer or just do it normal- normal paper, black and white, etc? I have no clue!

TIA, girls! :worship:

If you want it to look more professional pick paper with a glossy finish. Here is a company that has paper specifically for nesletters:
http://www.thepapermillstore.com/pages.php?pageid=930

You can go with any size that you like. There isn't necessarily a set size for newsletters. I personally like 11x17 inches so that when it is folded, it is the size of a standard sheet of paper (8.5 x 11)

I can't necessarily suggest a printer, but when ever I have priced projects that I have done Kinkos is always the highest. Definitely shop around. If you live in a smaller town and have a newspaper, check with them on pricing.

I ended up using the Xerox services available to us at work...but I looked into Zazzle and Vista Print. We used to use Vista Print at my last job, and the prices are good (it is an online company) although the quality can be iffy and you need to be careful with making sure that all of your artwork fits in the "safe" zone so nothing gets cut off. If you have any Disney images, Zazzle won't print it b/c of the licenses...I learned that the hard way when something I made got canceled.

Wendy is right...most printers will not print the newsletter if it has trademarked disney images on it. Especially national chains like Kinkos and Staples. Although, once in a while you will run across an employee that doesn't know the rules. Before you determine the size you are going to use, find a printer that can print your newsletter.

If you have disney images, you may have to print at home and that will effect the size. I recently made a newsletter for our family Christmas trip and I printed it at home. I printed it on 8.5x11 cardstock. After printing, I used clear adhesive shelf paper to laminate the sheets together so that it made one big sheet (17x11). I then folded in the middle at the crease. Clear adhesive shelf paper is fairly thin and it can give your newsletter a professional look and feel. The only draw back is that it can be time consuming depending on how many you need to make.

Here is a thread that I started for instructions on how to make a newsletter using MS Word. There is a picture of my finished newsletter on page 3:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2549262

I designed and printed mine using Powerpoint. I am more used to using this programme than I am Microsoft word or works and I was very happy with the results and my guests were very impressed (or at least said they were ;)).

I ended up using the Xerox services available to us at work...but I looked into Zazzle and Vista Print. We used to use Vista Print at my last job, and the prices are good (it is an online company) although the quality can be iffy and you need to be careful with making sure that all of your artwork fits in the "safe" zone so nothing gets cut off. If you have any Disney images, Zazzle won't print it b/c of the licenses...I learned that the hard way when something I made got canceled.

I have had bags and pens printed with Vistaprint with my logo (in my avatar) on them, with no problems at all. As you can see, it contains an image of Mickey and Minnie and they never questioned it. I wonder why Zazzle has different rules.

I have had bags and pens printed with Vistaprint with my logo (in my avatar) on them, with no problems at all. As you can see, it contains an image of Mickey and Minnie and they never questioned it. I wonder why Zazzle has different rules.

They may have printed yours since it is a silhouette and doesn't look like a typical disney trademarked image. The image looks like it could be any mouse not necessarily Mickey and Minnie. Basically a human at companies like Kinkos, Vistaprint, etc. has to look at the image and determine if they think it is a trademarked image or not. Also, when you first sign in, you are agreeing that the images you are using are not trademarked images and are legal for you to print.

zazzle in particular has a licensing agreement with Disney to sell officially licensed Disney merchandise-so they are definitely more strict about it. I didn't try to submit my artwork to vista print (I'm assuming it is a picture of bride Minnie that was the issue), so I don't know how strict their policies are.

I printed mine on my home printer, when I priced it out, it would have cost way more than I wanted to spend to have them printed somewhere and I really wanted them to be in color. I thought about doing the welcome bag newsletters through vistaprint, but I didn't have them done in time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter