Princesses don't hit, kick or spit! A May/June TR Update 10/17 Snow White Theme Night

Awww. Sam looks thrilled to be at SWW. What a great surprise!

I can't believe that Chewbacca came out an hour late. We waited in a long line for him last year and I agree - he is worth it!

Hooray for your pixiedust at the meet & greet!!!!

I love your pictures on TSM. I never think take any on there.

Awww. Sam looks thrilled to be at SWW. What a great surprise!

I can't believe that Chewbacca came out an hour late. We waited in a long line for him last year and I agree - he is worth it!

Hooray for your pixiedust at the meet & greet!!!!

I love your pictures on TSM. I never think take any on there.

Chewie was the one character the boys really wanted to see besides Darth Vader. We totally lucked out too because they cut the line right behind us for him to take a break and the ewoks were going to come out. Not that the ewoks aren't cutre in all but I would have been a bit upset if we had wanited an hour to see them!

I always take a million pictues in line for rides :) It kinda drives my family crazy! We've never waited in the standby line but I would like to someday just to see it, I know my kids would love Mr Potato Head, thing is I don't want to wait in an 1 1/2 hour line just to see it!

I last left off with us all being hungry and trying to decide on where to eat, somehow we decided on going to the ABC Commissary. We had past it earlier and everyone just agrees to go back there, we usually only eat at Pizza Planet for CS so we were up for anything new! I will warn you now, I did not take pictures of food, I know bad Dis'er:lmao: Everyone always dug in too fast for me to whip the camera out! I do remember what we all ate though. DH had the chicken bleu sandwich, MIL had the asian salad, DS15, DN and I had the burger that was topped with fried shrimp (I handed mine off to DS) and the kids all had the first of many nugget meals! For dessert DH and I got this.

131.jpg

This was just :worship: I only got a taste though because the kids quickly tossed their chocolate chip cookies aside to tear into this!

Lunch was really good, so much food so a good place we thought to get your moneys worth! After stuffing ourselves silly we decided to head over to TOT and Rockin Rollercoaster, just what everyone wants to do on a full stomach right? :rotfl: Along the way we saw these guys, again extremely long line and nobody wanted to stop

134.jpg

136-1.jpg

137-1.jpg

We headed to TOT first, my MIL and Ben hate thrill rides so they both opted out. I actually got Ben on this a couple of years ago and he screamed like he was getting murdered so obviously I have no problem with him skipping this one! This was DD's first time being tall enough though and she absolutely loved it. She was so funny, she was screaming and giggling at the same time. MIL and DS waited for us in the gift shop so once we gathered them we made our way over to Rockin Rollercoater. This Emily was still too short for so she went with MIL and DS into the gift shop to wait for us. This was Sam's first time being tall enough for this and he totally fell in love, it is the one thing he still tells people everytime they ask him about Disney. He also now is a bit obsessed with Aerosmith :lovestruc

After the rides we dashed over to the BatB show, it was just a few minutes before starting but because we were sitting in the wheelchair section at the top we had no problem getting a seat. Don't mind me as I bore you with a few pictures of the show. This is one of my favorite Disney movies and my favorite show in all of WDW:cloud9:

138-1.jpg

140.jpg

141-1.jpg

142.jpg

DD and DN enjoying the show
144.jpg

151.jpg

154-1.jpg

157.jpg

160-1.jpg

162-1.jpg

165-1.jpg

169.jpg

174.jpg

I sure hope if your reading this that you've seen the show because I would had to ruin it for you but like I said I LOVE that show!

After the show we went over to the Animation building, DN is a fantastic artist and I knew she would love the drawing class so we went in to check it out. Unfortunately the next class was already full so we were going to make it priority on the next day we were there. We did get to see some characters though, the lines were not long at all!

Mr and Mrs Incredible
184.jpg

Sorcerer Mickey
189.jpg

note to self, make sure Ben takes that hat off for indoor pictures!

Pooh
197.jpg

I must admit I was bummed about them moving Lotso. Not that I don't love Pooh, it's just there are so many opportunities to see him elsewhere in the parks.

When then headed back over to the other side of the park. Would we ever get back to the SWW stuff?

Your dessert sure looks yummy! :thumbsup2

I love the B&TB photos - they do not bore at all. I haven't seen the show but still enjoyed watching it through your pics.

Yay on seeing all the characters - have to agree with you on Lotso. I wish they had still left him at DHS as you can see Pooh at a lot of other places.

Just wanted to say "hi" and let you know that I am enjoying reading your report. My DS (9) and DH are desperate to ride Star Tours as is was closed on our last trip. SWW would be a dream come true for them! Glad you had a good time at DHS!

Do you read the Disney food blog? They have this whole post about doing the "cupcake crawl." It's kinda like drinking around the world - but with cupcakes! And your cupcake looked delish - I don't think I've seen pictures of that one before. Was it just chocolate??

I am glad your kiddos enjoyed their rides on ToT and RnR - I :love: RnR - ToT is okay...and I don't go on often - not too find of anti-gravity!

I sooo agree with you about Lotso. I am really disappointed to hear that they moved him out...because you are right - there are lots of other places to see Pooh and friends. Did ya'll get to see Phineas and Ferb??

Your dessert looks really good, I love the Star Wars element to it.

I haven't seen BATB yet, but it looks amazing from your pics.

Hopefully you guys were able to make it back for some more SWW stuff:goodvibes

That cupcake looks YUM-O!

I am crossing my fingers that I can get Goo on ToT...it was probably my favorite ride in all of WDW last summer! I would probably ride it all day if I could and forget TSM. So glad Emily enjoyed it, because it gives me hope!

You have Aerosmith...I have the Beetles right now! :rotfl:

I think I am packing Sharpies right now!

Your dessert sure looks yummy! :thumbsup2

I love the B&TB photos - they do not bore at all. I haven't seen the show but still enjoyed watching it through your pics.

Yay on seeing all the characters - have to agree with you on Lotso. I wish they had still left him at DHS as you can see Pooh at a lot of other places.

I was really hoping to see the characters in there on a non Fantasmic night which that night was supposed to be. I would love to see some of the rarer characters they bring in there like some villians!

Just wanted to say "hi" and let you know that I am enjoying reading your report. My DS (9) and DH are desperate to ride Star Tours as is was closed on our last trip. SWW would be a dream come true for them! Glad you had a good time at DHS!

Thanks for reading along:yay: My boys loved the ride, I have a confession I don't even rememeber what the ride was like before they redid it, even though I've riden it several times!

Do you read the Disney food blog? They have this whole post about doing the "cupcake crawl." It's kinda like drinking around the world - but with cupcakes! And your cupcake looked delish - I don't think I've seen pictures of that one before. Was it just chocolate??

I am glad your kiddos enjoyed their rides on ToT and RnR - I :love: RnR - ToT is okay...and I don't go on often - not too find of anti-gravity!

I sooo agree with you about Lotso. I am really disappointed to hear that they moved him out...because you are right - there are lots of other places to see Pooh and friends. Did ya'll get to see Phineas and Ferb??

The cupcake crawl sounds like me kinda thing:thumbsup2 I'm going to have to check that out! The Darth Vader one was chocolate and had peanut butter in it! The frosting was :cloud9:

I love both RnR and TOT, and I'm so happy that the majority of my kiddos share my love of the thrill rides. Poor Ben I felt so bad that he didn't want to ride anything but he was happy waiting for us with Granny in the shops. Of course the fact that his granny bought him things or did pressed pennies for him while waiting helped;)

We did see Phieas and Ferb! But you'll have to wait for the next day for that one:rotfl:

Your dessert looks really good, I love the Star Wars element to it.

I haven't seen BATB yet, but it looks amazing from your pics.

Hopefully you guys were able to make it back for some more SWW stuff:goodvibes
Oh the BATB show is awesome, I would have loved to have seen it on Broadway but I don't think it's there anymore:confused3

We did get back over for a couple more things in SWW :thumbsup2

That cupcake looks YUM-O!

I am crossing my fingers that I can get Goo on ToT...it was probably my favorite ride in all of WDW last summer! I would probably ride it all day if I could and forget TSM. So glad Emily enjoyed it, because it gives me hope!

You have Aerosmith...I have the Beetles right now! :rotfl:

I think I am packing Sharpies right now!

The cupcake was delicious, even if I had like 2 bites before the vultures tore into it :lmao:

I hope you do get Goo to ride TOT, Emily was absolutely fearless this trip. I think she is my most brave one so far, even DS15 who loves thrill rides now, we had to coerce him to ride them when he was younger. But with Em, she begs to go on them!

Do pack your Sharpies now :lmao:, I have a few other things I forgot that I'll get to later that cost me an arm and a leg down there:scared1:

Great pics of the kids with the characters in the animation building. I LOVE Pooh sooo much, but I was surprised they added another spot to meet him, I understand the new movie coming out and all, but throw in a few more characters from it maybe :confused3

I LOVE RnR and TOT and I had to ride both alone the last couple trips, very excited to have someone to go with me this time around!! Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney movie, that show is so well done at the park too!!

Great pics of the kids with the characters in the animation building. I LOVE Pooh sooo much, but I was surprised they added another spot to meet him, I understand the new movie coming out and all, but throw in a few more characters from it maybe :confused3

I LOVE RnR and TOT and I had to ride both alone the last couple trips, very excited to have someone to go with me this time around!! Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney movie, that show is so well done at the park too!!

When I heard they were putting Pooh in there I was hoping that someone else would be with him, Rabbit would be awesome! But I was surprised to find him alone. Besides there I saw him in at M&G's at every other park, so he is very easy to see.

I hate having to ride with strangers on the rides too, I had to ride RnR with some guy this past time and he talked the whole time before the ride and after.

I think you may have just posted the first good review of ABC Commisary that I have ever read. :) That cupcake looks delicious! I want one!

I haven't seen the Beauty and the Beast show (yet), but don't worry - you didn't ruin it. You just made me want to see it even more!

I think you may have just posted the first good review of ABC Commisary that I have ever read. :) That cupcake looks delicious! I want one!

I haven't seen the Beauty and the Beast show (yet), but don't worry - you didn't ruin it. You just made me want to see it even more!

I know right? I think that's why we always were afraid to eat here, but it was surprisingly good. The menu isn't huge but none of them are in DHS. I'd love one of thosse cupcakes right now too;)

While we were in the Animation building we discussed what everyone wanted to do next. My younger guys all wanted to go back and to the resort and swim of course but it was bugging me that we were there for a SWW yet hadn't done much as far as SW. We never planned on seeing any of the actors or the shows, I had wanted to do the parade but after reading on here about people waiting 2 hours to get a spot there was no way that was happening. So I really was just hoping to see some characters, but unfortunately we hadn't come across many wandering around as of yet :confused3 So I suggested we go ride TSM one more time because I was still feeling guily that Ben hadn't done much, and then walked around the Streets of America and near Star Tours and see if we could see any characters, then make our way out of the park. Everyone agreed so we headed off for TSM!

199.jpg

This time around the ride stopped right before the bonus area and when it started back up again we didn't get to do the bonus round:headache: For anyone who has ridden TSM knows that you can rack up a ton of points in that area so I was bummed because my score sucked:rotfl: But I did beat DH :cool1:, can't remember the score but I do know I won round 2! After riding we walked around a bit looking for some Star Wars guys, we found Darth Vader but his line was HUGE and as tired as we all were we took a pass, DH got a pic of him as we walked by.

204.jpg

We then saw a few more characters but they were so annoying! Maybe it's just the way they are supposed to be but they would take a pic, sign an autograph and then walk away from everyone else waiting there for them. Then everyone would follow him around, the character would then go up to someone else, sign, take a pic and leave again. I know that they are wandering characters but my goodness was it annoying! None of us felt like chasing these guys around so we said forget we were heading back to the resort! We did go over to Star Tours for one more ride, this time I stayed with Ben while my MIL rode. While they were riding I got our first souvenirs of the trip, I got my DH a Stormtrooper tee, Sam a SWW tee, Ben a Jedi Mickey and myself a SWW magnet.

209.jpg

I think this picture of DD is hilarious!
210.jpg

Finally a character that would stop :)
214.jpg

We headed back to the resort around 4 or so, it was hot as heck out and were melting as we made our way to the car so as soon as we made it back to Pop we jumped into our swimsuits and went down to the Hippy Dippy pool. After maybe about an hour they cleared the pool for thunder and lightening, we had to go and start getting ready for dinner anyway so it worked out fine. It also worked out that by the time we left to go to dinner the storm was over ;)

We all showered and changed for dinner, packed ourselves back into the car and headed over to the Poly. We had ADRs at 7:20pm for Ohanas and we left in plenty of time to make it. That was until DH went the wrong way once we went in the MK gate, I was telling him where to go, my MIL was telling him where to go but of course even though he had never been to the Poly he knew where to go :rotfl: So we end up in MK parking lot, we exit, DH turns around, comes back in the MK entrance and does the SAME exact thing he did before! This time my MIL and I just kept quiet because there is no telling this man that he is wrong:lmao: Third times a charm because we finally make it to the Poly. DH dropped us off and we went up to check in to the restaurant while he parked the car. They gave us the pager and said it shouldn't be too long. We went over to gift shop while we waited, Ben bought himself a few Disney Racers with his own money, I checked out some kitchen stuff that I figured I'd get later in the week at DTD.

We were called pretty quickly and sat at a nice table near the bar. Our server came by quickly and took our drink orders, I ordered myself a Lapu Lapu, had no idea what was in it but it's been highly recommended here on the boards so I took a chance.

225.jpg

It paid off:rotfl:

So good, strong but good! My MIL ordered a margarita, DH a beer and the kids lemonades. The food started coming right away and it was all so good! When seated we got the pineapple bread, the kids tore into this, 7:20 is actually kinda late for us to be eating dinner so we were all so hungry! Next came the salad, OMG the dressing is to die for! My DN said "Aunt Lisa, you must find this recipe online for me", lol. I didn't have any wings because they all went so fast, even after getting more those too went. They did get thumbs up from the kids though so they must have been good, the dumplings were yummy as well, nothing to exceptional about them though. I make dumplings alot at home and they were just like the ones I get from the store. Next came the sides, both the noodles and the veggies were delicious. Finally the meats, The chicken and beef were excellent, pork a bit dry but good and the shrimp I didn't have because I'm allergic but everyone else said it was very good.

216.jpg

222.jpg

240.jpg

215.jpg

One of my favorite things they do at this restaurant is keep the kids entertained. Ben was still wiped out from his day so he stayed put and played his DS but I swear it was tough keeping Sam and Emily in their seats long enough to get some food in them at times! They did parades and dance lessons, it was all so cute. The lady leading the kids was great, she had the loveliest voice!

228.jpg

229.jpg

236.jpg

And finally dessert, if you've read anything about Ohanas I'm sure you've heard about the bread pudding. Let me just tell you it is everything people make it out to be and more :cloud9:

After stuffing ourselves, we rolled our way out and decided to walk around the Poly a bit.

243.jpg

246.jpg

250.jpg

The next set of pictures are humorous just because it shows what I go through when trying to get a shot of all 4 of my kids.

First one, not so bad
252.jpg

Hey guys look at mom
253.jpg

Emily must have said something to piss Ben off, lol
254.jpg

Emily grabs Ben's arm so he can't hit her again
255.jpg

Forget it! Get rid of the little ones :rotfl:
257.jpg

259.jpg

261.jpg

After MIL and DN were done buying some things in the shop downstairs we made our way back to Pop and crashed. The kids were all asleep by 10:30pm, I got the backpack all ready, clothes out for the next day and called it a day myself by 11pm!

Your pictures of the kids fighting cracks me up! :lmao::rotfl2:

Sounds like you had a good day and dinner. I really wished we tried O'Hana ... but that's for next time, right? :thumbsup2

I don't think I would have the patience to chase after characters either, but glad to see you guys saw some more SWW related things at least :thumbsup2

I LOVE Ohanas, cant wait to go in October and it looks like you guys had a great dinner!! I was cracking up looking at the pictures of the kids fighting :lmao:

That is so odd that the characters wander about. With their costuming, you'd think they'd have a "handler" and that there would be some organization to it all.

We all love Ohana's too. And you must go back since you didn't get wings - it's one of the best parts of the meal! I love shrimp - but it's too much work to have to peel them, so I usually forgo ;) I don't do dessert there. I know. Everyone raves. But I just can't do bananas. I like bananas - but not in anything. I don't even like banana bread. What I can't recall is if I could eat the bread pudding with ice cream - and skip the fosters sauce - I think the pudding has bananas in it too. I guess I will find out in August when we go again!

And the kids - hilarious! There are often threats of beatings when I try to take pictures!:rotfl:

I love the update!! Love the Ohana pics....can't wait for our first dinner there in October!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter