PRINCESS Palooza 2011! 9/9 Update: Departure Day

It is amazing how QUICKLY that character spot can fill up, but we did the same thing- we got in and met all kinds of characters in NO time when compared to other character meetings!! I'm hoping to have a good set of characters out when we go in Nov!! I LOVE the FOTLK! I hope that it doesn't close forever… I read something about it closing soon… :scared:

That is a LOT of luggage!!! WOW. But you do have a lot of costume changes, so I guess it makes sense! :rotfl:

Yep. Now you know why we only fly Southwest. FREE LUGGAGE! :cool1:

I heard FOTLK was closing in January. But I've also heard something about a delay in the Avatar project, so not sure if that will affect the timing of the FOTLK closure. Maybe something about some "creative differences" with James Cameron. Hard to believe, huh? :rotfl:

Yep. Now you know why we only fly Southwest. FREE LUGGAGE! :cool1:

I heard FOTLK was closing in January. But I've also heard something about a delay in the Avatar project, so not sure if that will affect the timing of the FOTLK closure. Maybe something about some "creative differences" with James Cameron. Hard to believe, huh? :rotfl:

Well, I just want to say that I think they should just scrap the whole idea of Avatarland… but that's just me! :thumbsup2

Awesome as always. I am going to have to save this TR to get all the good tips on photography and characters!

Thanks for sharing your pictures and your stories...

And boy, I wish that airline with free bags flew out of Charlottetown! And for cheap... :goodvibes

So sad to see your last day.:( But I know you don't have too much longer until the next Magical trip. LOVE all the great pictures. Katie is just the perfect subject to photograph in the World.

Love the Tiger pic.

I missed Chip and Dale totally last year :(
Luvin all the character pics though. :thumbsup2

Boo to the going home and I loled at the man meowing on the plane.

My comments were pretty scarce, but I always enjoyed reading along with this TR! I always admire your beautiful photos and your amazing sewing skills. :goodvibes I can't wait to hear about your next trip as well!

Well, I just want to say that I think they should just scrap the whole idea of Avatarland… but that's just me! :thumbsup2

You won't find any argument from me on THAT idea..... :rolleyes1

Awesome as always. I am going to have to save this TR to get all the good tips on photography and characters!

Thanks for sharing your pictures and your stories...

And boy, I wish that airline with free bags flew out of Charlottetown! And for cheap... :goodvibes

Thanks so much. Southwest is awesome especially if you travel with a couple bags. Not so sure about cheap though.We have our flights out but are still holding on the return trip ......... just hoping for any little savings off that $194 return flight. I've been holding out for so long that it's just a matter of pride at this point. I'd book even if it only went down by $10 at this point!

So sad to see your last day.:( But I know you don't have too much longer until the next Magical trip. LOVE all the great pictures. Katie is just the perfect subject to photograph in the World.

Thanks Vanessa! Katie does make a great subject. She's usually pretty playful and creative in posing for me.

She's about to start her acting career too. She just auditioned for their school musical and apparently got a major role of some sort with a solo to sing! I'm perplexed because I have only heard her sing in church. I asked her to sing for me the night before auditions but she declined. I suspected she had a nice voice, but didn't think she was up to a solo. I guess we'll see how that goes........

Love the Tiger pic.

I missed Chip and Dale totally last year :(
Luvin all the character pics though. :thumbsup2

Boo to the going home and I loled at the man meowing on the plane.

What???? Totally missed Chip and Dale?????? I think you should schedule a new trip immediately! :)

Thanks for the kind words on the photos. :goodvibes

And yeah. Big time boo to the meowing on the plane. I guess he must have had Turret Syndrome or something. It certainly seemed like it. But really...... I just got rid of the wine spiller. And the replacement was a meower?????? It was very odd.

My comments were pretty scarce, but I always enjoyed reading along with this TR! I always admire your beautiful photos and your amazing sewing skills. :goodvibes I can't wait to hear about your next trip as well!

Not to worry. I'm glad you were reading along. Thanks for the kind words!

When I get a moment, I'll try to do a rundown of or plans for the new trip. It's starting to seem close now that we're under 100 days! :cool1:

Thanks for mentioning your flight… I just double checked my flight with Airtran and wouldn't you know it! It's dropped $80 since this MORNING!:goodvibes

Thanks for mentioning your flight… I just double checked my flight with Airtran and wouldn't you know it! It's dropped $80 since this MORNING!:goodvibes

You made me go look! :p

Those dang Airtran fares are back down to $101 again. But the times are terrible and they have stops. And Katie has to be back to school the next morning. Oh, and bags are $20 for the first one and $25 for the second. So that puts us at $145 each. So $50 cheaper. Nothing to sneeze at..... but I want that dang non-stop.

I really enjoyed reading your TR, and love seeing the beautiful gowns you make and photos you take.

Am I the only one who think Pocahontas shouldn't be wearing Ugg-type boots?

You made me go look! :p

Those dang Airtran fares are back down to $101 again. But the times are terrible and they have stops. And Katie has to be back to school the next morning. Oh, and bags are $20 for the first one and $25 for the second. So that puts us at $145 each. So $50 cheaper. Nothing to sneeze at..... but I want that dang non-stop.

I hear ya on the non-stop. Luckily, our flight is non-stop, and I honestly felt like I had a good price when they first came out. But I like the price they are NOW better!!!!! But, I had also checked this flight this morning, and only checked it tonight because of your post… and it had dropped, so just keep watching!!!

I really enjoyed reading your TR, and love seeing the beautiful gowns you make and photos you take.

Am I the only one who think Pocahontas shouldn't be wearing Ugg-type boots?

Thanks so much for reading along.

And yes, I totally agree.... those boots just aren't right.

I hear ya on the non-stop. Luckily, our flight is non-stop, and I honestly felt like I had a good price when they first came out. But I like the price they are NOW better!!!!! But, I had also checked this flight this morning, and only checked it tonight because of your post… and it had dropped, so just keep watching!!!

Well, I check Southwest every single day. And that flight hasn't budged since the first day I looked. Well, except for the $5 charge they added to all their flights about a month ago.

The problemis 1) that it's a Sunday and 2) that it's 9 days before Christmas. I got some great prices on our flights down. And on Drew's flight back. But I'm still holding on the return flights for Katie and me. Pretty soon I'm gonna cave and just book the darn things!

I REALLY don't want to fly from Orlando to Chicago to get to KC again!

Sad your TR is done but I am looking forward to your PTR for your next trip! We are thinking about going again in Dec. and Julia said she hoped she would see Katie again. Are you going the same time that you went last year?

Sad your TR is done but I am looking forward to your PTR for your next trip! We are thinking about going again in Dec. and Julia said she hoped she would see Katie again. Are you going the same time that you went last year?

Well, this will probably have to serve as my PTR for this December, so keep checking in.

We're going the same week, doing MVMCP the 9th and the 13th.

Will you be there?

Well, this will probably have to serve as my PTR for this December, so keep checking in.

We're going the same week, doing MVMCP the 9th and the 13th.

Will you be there?

I will definitely keep checking in. We are booked for the 17th to the 23rd and going to MVMCP on the 18th. Julia told her brother and sister that they might get to meet Katie while we are waiting in line for the 7 dwarfs.:rotfl:

I will definitely keep checking in. We are booked for the 17th to the 23rd and going to MVMCP on the 18th. Julia told her brother and sister that they might get to meet Katie while we are waiting in line for the 7 dwarfs.:rotfl:

Awww... that's adorable. I'm so sorry we'll miss you this time!

Thanks so much. Southwest is awesome especially if you travel with a couple bags. Not so sure about cheap though.We have our flights out but are still holding on the return trip ......... just hoping for any little savings off that $194 return flight. I've been holding out for so long that it's just a matter of pride at this point. I'd book even if it only went down by $10 at this point!

It's got to be cheaper than flying from Canada... If I wanted to go direct, I'd have to drive to Halifax (3.5 hours) and the cheapest right now is almost $700. (and pay for luggage on top!) And it only flies some days and certain times of year! I love living in Canada, and especially PEI, but I'd move to the US to get to Florida cheaper! :lmao:

HI! I've loved reading your trip report! Your dd is such a doll. I'm constantly impressed by your fabulous costumes, gorgeous photography and you're amazing character meets. We're actually at wdw right now on a 13 night trip. Its been fun and exhausting. We will leave on saturday after the mnsshp on friday. I'm really hoping for some great character meets at the party... fingers crossed for gaston and maleficent. BTW, we were able to do one of the belle's cottage previews the other day and it was fantastic! I have a feeling you're going to go nuts trying to photograph all the great detail. If that one attraction is indicative of what the rest of the expansion is going to look like, its going to be amazing!

thanks for the 9:50 tip for the characters. We're going to be back at AK in a couple days and will definitely give that a try. I also had to laugh when I saw the pic of pocahantas in her uggs... that's hysterical!

I'm so jealous you got to see scrooge. That is great! Loved M&M in the their holiday themed resort wear, so cute!

I didn't know they did characters at the resorts. Is that something they do regularly or is it just at christmas time?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter