Princess Half 2014

Discussion in 'Events/Competition' started by DisRunnerGal, Jan 26, 2013.

1. DisRunnerGal

DisRunnerGal Earning My Ears

I know it is over a year, but I'm so sad I won't be running in the Princess this year! I'm already planning on running next year, and was wondering if anyone heard of a date yet?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. caitie86

caitie86 Earning My Ears

Ditto! Can we start at countdown yet or is it too early? This will be my first half :scared:

4. cewait

cewait DIS Veteran

I am guessing Feb 23, 2014. I qualify that because half the races have been on that weekend and half (first two) on the following weekend. I think the February date will stay to keep the race out of the first Spring Break traffic.

5. longhorns2

longhorns2 Mother runner blogger with a #DisneySide

I agree with coach on this with one caveat... all the races at DL and now 2 of them at WDW (ToT on Columbus day and W&D on Veterans day) are being held on "holiday" weekends. I wonder if WDW would be pushing the race to the Sunday before Presidents day weekend next year- rather than the Sunday after. Seems they like to tie the races when possible to a 3 day weekend.

Logistically, it's crazy busy that week because the East coast has a winter break that week- so it's always uber crowded. But they can charge more for hotel rooms if they do that... soooo... who knows?

I'm hoping they don't and go with the Feb 23 date. Crowd wise, it's busy the first couple of days, but empties out by Sunday afternoon. So it's a great after race vacation!

6. joan4mickey

joan4mickey DIS Veteran

I hate the fact that they changed the race to Feb. I liked it the first two years when they had it the first weekend in March and then I would staying on to enjoy the Garden stuff at Epcot. For that reason, after my 5 in a row, I think I will bow out. I would love to one of those that come year after year for 20 years, but Disney is not going to dictate when I want to travel to the parks. There are far too many other races and organizations stepping it up to put on great events. And there is always plenty in my own back yard.

7. DisRunnerGal

DisRunnerGal Earning My Ears

Last years weekend (the last weekend of Feb) was great timing. It wasn't too crowded, I'm used to the July crowds. A lot of the garden stuff was out to enjoy, so that was nice. I wouldn't want it any earlier, too cold, and it would be so much more expensive if it fell on Presidents Day weekend. I would need that three day weekend to prepare ;)

Caitie86, this race is so much fun! A great race to try out a half for the first time!

8. lifeasmum

lifeasmum Earning My Ears

I'm super sad to be missing this year's PHM, too. I'm already counting down to 2014. My money is on the 23rd of Feb. this will be my first half as well as our first WDW trip with our boys, 3 and 1, and I'm excited.

9. cindy0519

cindy0519 Mouseketeer

I deferred my 2013 PHM registration to 2014 due to fracturing my tibial plateau while training :sad: - my deferral registration confirmation for 2014 says the following:

2014 Disney?s Princess Half Marathon on Sunday, February 23, 2014

Awaiting the go ahead from my orthopedic surgeon and physical therapist to begin easing into training - hopefully soon.

My nieces are still running this year so I signed up for the ChEAR squad and am looking forward to spending a few day at Disney despite not being able to run this year.

10. debbieandroo

debbieandroo DIS Veteran

President's Day next year will be on February 17th - the Monday before the PHM, if the race is on the 23rd. So, just like this year.

11. soozaay

soozaay 2 excited 2 sleep

I'm doing the 2014 Princess Half too! Can't wait to hear all about this years!