Princess Fantasy Faire Photos

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by MUDisneyCouple, Sep 29, 2007.

1. MUDisneyCouple

MUDisneyCouple Thank God for the DIS and all you helpful people!

Is this sort of like the ToonTown meet and greets where there are several princesses in a line and you can meet/get photos with them? If so, is Aurora genearlly there? Do you have to go through the "tutorial" to get to the photos? Any insight and experiences with this attraction would be great...deciding between paying for Ariel's Grotto or standing in line at PFF. THANKS!! :goodvibes

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. silence

silence <font color=red>Missin' Mickey<br><font color=roya

this was the one part of our trip i really disliked....standing in the long line for PFF.

we didn't get a tutorial, but you stand in line and once you enter, you will meet 3 "princesses" and you can take your own photos plus they have photopass photographers there at each "station" to take pics for you. they took candid and a "posed" picture of my kids at each place.

after an hour in line, we saw Aurora, Fairy Godmother and Snow White. We just "missed" seeing Minnie in princess attire, Pocahontis and Cinderella (we saw them walk out when the others walked in right ahead of us).

we felt rushed once we were in there.

we will pay for ariel's again if my DD really has to see the princesses on a future trip. the line was horrible.

4. tink too

tink too DIS Veteran

Oh - that's disappointing.:sad2:

Maybe they should have a FastPass set up here to minimise the queues!:idea:

5. samkj

samkj <font color=purple>I LOVE changing them for the ho

An hour in line is actually short for the PFF!! We were in line for 1 1/2 hours, after waiting 45 minutes (so total over 2 hours) for the PFF to open. I will NEVER, EVER do it again. There were only 15-20 or so groups in front of us and it still took that long. In my opinion this has to be one of the WORST ideas Disney has ever come up. The princesses change every 20 minutes so you have no idea who will be there when your turn comes up. Go to Ariel's or the Animation studio at DCA to see the Princesses. You can ask at the information booth to see when Aurora will be making an appearance in the Animation building.

6. MUDisneyCouple

MUDisneyCouple Thank God for the DIS and all you helpful people!

Yikes...thanks for the advice. That is craziness! Has this always been a problem? Since you waited in line at the very beginning of day, I'm guessing there's not a good time to go...

7. silence

silence <font color=red>Missin' Mickey<br><font color=roya

when our party went it was around 3:30. the line "appeared" short, well, shorter than i had seen it many times before. but, it just DOESN'T MOVE. the only reason we decided to try it was because it seemed shorter than we had ever seen it....silly us.

good luck!

8. momto2nenas

momto2nenas DIS Veteran

We also waited in a line before it opened and then even longer in line for the 15 or so people in front of us to have their turn.

We didn't feel rushed at all once we were w/ each Princess but they did do a switch out while we were there and my DDs did not understand why they didn't get to meet the one leaving. I'm sure that would be hard to explain to any young kid.

The paper crowns and stuff you get to make are really cheap almost the same as Burger King's!

Also you can't keep your stroller w/ you in line, and you can't do the crowns while you wait. You literally stand in a line w/ nothing to see look at for a LONG time.

Go to Ariel's! We did that last year and it was great.

My DD would have FLIPPED if she thought she missed seeing Princess Minnie btw!