Princess dresses...... Help please

coaches24

DIS Veteran
Ok so we had planned on buying a princess dress for DD (3 1/2 and 42 lbs) from the DL store and bringing it with us to save a few bucks at BBB. But the DL store near us (both of them) are out of any in DDs size and their selection is basically Belle, and wedding Cinderella or Rapunzel and that's it (for what DD wants). We may have to just bite the bullet and spend for the whole package at BBB but is there a way to see what dresses they will have in her size before hand? We have an appointment on may 28 so I have a little time to look elsewhere but not a lot. Any suggestions? What are the chances of BBB being out of the dresses we want?

Ok so we had planned on buying a princess dress for DD (3 1/2 and 42 lbs) from the DL store and bringing it with us to save a few bucks at BBB. But the DL store near us (both of them) are out of any in DDs size and their selection is basically Belle, and wedding Cinderella or Rapunzel and that's it (for what DD wants). We may have to just bite the bullet and spend for the whole package at BBB but is there a way to see what dresses they will have in her size before hand? We have an appointment on may 28 so I have a little time to look elsewhere but not a lot. Any suggestions? What are the chances of BBB being out of the dresses we want?

BBB being out of dresses...I don't know if that is possible. They seem to remain pretty well stocked.

We actually just went to our local toy store and Toys'r'Us and picked up a couple of dresses. ::yes::They were disney dresses as well. Then we packed them up and had them in the back of our closet when we got to our hotel and our DD princess:found them....how I have no idea! They were behind the whole closet of clothes! It was awesome!:rotfl:

BBB being out of dresses...I don't know if that is possible. They seem to remain pretty well stocked.

We actually just went to our local toy store and Toys'r'Us and picked up a couple of dresses. ::yes::They were disney dresses as well. Then we packed them up and had them in the back of our closet when we got to our hotel and our DD princess:found them....how I have no idea! They were behind the whole closet of clothes! It was awesome!:rotfl:

I had read that sometimes BBB runs out of certain dresses. I called BBB and changed my res to the castle package. They said I can change to the middle package if we dont find a dress we like.

I never see good dresses at toys r us but I will check again. I can't believe that Disney store is not restocking dresses until their holloween dresses come in. Makes no sense to me to do it this early.

I was at our Disney Store this week and they also only had Cinderella and Cinderella's wedding dress in stock and that was it.

If you are going to get it at the Disney Store, I'd wait until I got to the parks, they are what maybe $10-$20 more there. We have dresses from both, and both DH and I think the ones from the parks are cuter and have more frill and design to them. When we hang them all up, we can tell which ones are from Disneyland and which ones are from the Disney Store. Might just be us, but we prefer the park ones better.

Have fun!! We've never taken our DD4 to BBB, maybe next time.... :)

You still have time to order from disneystore.com! That's what I would do. In many cases, the dresses you find at the parks are exactly the same and cost twice as much. While I would not buy a princess dress at Target (they cost almost as much and are junk!), I would definitely buy one from the Disney Store. You can also check on ebay as sometimes people sell dresses from the Disney store or Disney parks for a reasonable price - just make sure that it is from the Disney Store or Disney Parks, not just Disney brand.

We were at our local Disney store last weekend. They had the Rapunzel wedding dress -- $150.00. Yikes!!

We were at our local Disney store last weekend. They had the Rapunzel wedding dress -- $150.00. Yikes!!

Yea I didn't want the wedding dresses anyway. Even aside from the price something about my 3 year old in a wedding dress doesn't sit well. I can handle the normal princess dress but the wedding ones I won't allow. Maybe it's a dad thing or maybe it's just me I don't know. The only non wedding one they had was Belle (they had Ariel as well but DD doesn't want Ariel and its not our fav either).

Only boys here, but my good friend had every style of princess dress for her daughter when she was younger...most from ebay, and sometimes you can get a lot of them that has 2 or 3. As long as they are still in good condition, that might be an option. It would be hard for a 3 year old to keep it clean all day anyway!:goodvibes

Now if I can just find a Flynn Ryder costume for my 10 year old. He and aforementioned girl are going as Flynn and Rapunzel at this years MNSSHP. Its definitely going to be etsy for me! I don't think you can even get a Disney Store Flynn costume! :(

All of my DD's princess dresses are from Target. Ebay also has a good selection.

We have the Cinderella, Snow White, Little Mermaid, Sleeping Beauty, Belle, Tianna and Tinkerbell all from the parks that are there now. I saw the Rapunzel one while we were there and like it a lot. They had a whole wall of all of the dress. I don't think they will run out of all you would want. They are not the same as the ones online right now. I REALLY liked the snow white and Tiana! I think that they are for sure a better quality and I would recommend getting it a size bigger so that it can last a while since she is only 3. They also had some very cute accessories to go with them! I am seriously regretting not getting the Rapunzel crown for Dd5 I can find one anywhere not that I am home!

I made princess dresses for my girls. I made them out of mostly cotton fabric and they loved them. They were so comfortable - unlike what they would have felt in satin, taffeta and tulle. They loved the fact that they stood out as being different than everyone else. They felt even more special because I spent extra time doing their hair up and doing make-up. They were certain they were going to miss out not going to BBB, but after the trip they said they felt even more special because of the effort I made and that all the princesses ooh'd and aah'd over how comfortable their dresses looked and how beautiful they were. Several princesses asked me to make them some dresses. Several of the princesses also remembered my girls from day to day and would tell them what the were wearing a previous day.

I say all this because you can make it special and not have to be the exact dress they are selling in the store.

There have been times at my local Disney store, that if they don't have something in the correct size I am looking for. They will give me a free shipping coupon to order off the on-line store. Maybe see if "your" store would have one. Good Luck!

I was in my local Target store today. They had a bunch of Disney princess dresses. They're all smaller sizes but it sounds like they might fit her.

But I agree with what others have said. Those sold in the parks, or sometimes in the Disney store as "Theme Park Products" are different. They're fancier and seem better made. If you have time you could try Ebay, but it can take a while to find the right costume in your child's size and actually win the auction. A year ago I was able to get 2 new-with-tags Disney parks costumes in my DD's size for less than $30 but it took months. So that's a job to start early!

What is more important to you, price or fanciness?

I was in my local Target store today. They had a bunch of Disney princess dresses. They're all smaller sizes but it sounds like they might fit her.

But I agree with what others have said. Those sold in the parks, or sometimes in the Disney store as "Theme Park Products" are different. They're fancier and seem better made. If you have time you could try Ebay, but it can take a while to find the right costume in your child's size and actually win the auction. A year ago I was able to get 2 new-with-tags Disney parks costumes in my DD's size for less than $30 but it took months. So that's a job to start early!

What is more important to you, price or fanciness?

Well being that she is so young and would is happy with those cheap cheap dresses I don't mind getting the cheap ones if I and DW like em. We were ok with paying around 50 that we were seeing dressed for at the Disney store a while back. We would have bought then wanted to wait till closer to our trip so that DD didn't find it and beg to wear it and in case she grew and needed a larger size. We figured if we spent 50 - 70 and did the 50 dollar package we would save around 100 bucks as opposed to doing the whole thing at BBB. But we do have plenty saved up for our trip so it shouldn't be a problem getting it at BBB. One of those plans that seemed good when we planned it but didn't quite work out for us.

not sure if have time but disneyshoping online did have a lot of dresses and could over nite them...:thumbsup2

Just make sure if you buy a cheaper one, that it is washable. Some of them can't even be classified as clothing. At Christmas I saw some nicer ones at Toys R Us. I think they were around $50. I have also had good luck on eBay, but read the descriptions carefully so you know what you're getting. The park ones do look nice, but my girls only have the Disney store ones and a few cheapies they received as gifts (there is a world of difference - from fit to comfort and breathability to quality).

We were at Disney Store last week looking for a princes dress for DD5. As mentioned, they offered Cinderella Wedding dresses and Rapunzel wedding dresses as well as some very cute Merida dresses. My DD5 is has her heart set on the Merida dress for her BBB visit in August. Problem is...they are both long sleeve. :confused: I can just picture her sweating to death in the parks. So we dissuaded her, with a promise to check back later for other dresses. Well, yesterday we found a short sleeve Merida dress at Target. We thought it was pretty good quality and she is happy with it, as are we! :banana::hippie:

I have bought several authentic Disney Parks dresses on eBay for either the same as in the parks or for a little less. If you tell the seller you need it quickly, they should be pretty good about getting it to you right away.

You can also order Disney Parks merch off of disneystore.com but don't do the free shipping, it can take forever to get things!

The park dresses are a step up from the Disney Store ones IMO. We literally have every princess dress, a handful from the Disney Store, but because I have two daughters who will wear them I quit buying the cheap ones and we try to buy the park ones when we can. They tend to look nicer and feel nicer. They are a hair over-priced I think but b/c ours will get used twice, I'm OK with it!

On my older daughter's first trip to the BBB when she was 3 we splurged and bought the $85 wedding dress :scared1: But my youngest still wears that one and they looked beautiful in it and got so much attention at WDW when they wore it there (on separate occasions of course) but I would never spend that amount again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter