Princess Cut-Outs/Stand-Ups

msyjoa

MJ
I am in the process of making several of these princess stand-ups for my dd's 4th birthday party. They are 4x2 mdf particle board. I use acrylics with the exception of the background, that is plain 'ole house paint.

IMG_5565_zpse8cf1b39.jpg

IMG_5346_zpsf9eff61e.jpg

IMG_5341_zps9c7b1844.jpg

The first Rapunzel was the very first one I did, before I realized I wanted them to be more "life-size".

IMG_5308_zps38b4b8fe.jpg

I need to do second coats on the larger areas, but overall I am pretty happy with the way they are turning out! I have four more princesses to go, plus a few princes.

Also, the backgrounds are all the same color, my photography skills are very lacking!

I am making them as decorations for my dd's upcoming birthday party. I used a printed picture, an overhead, and a lot of erasing. I wish I could just freehand, but I can't. So, I am resourceful! Coloring pages are a great canvas, then I just fill in the missing bits. The real leg work comes from painting them!

I have friends who have already asked to use them as well. They are so large and took so long, I would hate to only use them once!

I am 23 days away from trip and a month and half removed from my dd's birthday party. Here are a few pics of the princess boards in action!

They were a huge hit! We even had kids coming over from the nearby soccer games to check them out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter