Priceline Bids/results

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by kilee, Aug 23, 2007.

1. derrickmom

derrickmom DIS Veteran

PLEASE let me know. I have the same hotel for two nights before we check into the POP!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mishoe01

mishoe01 Addicted to DCL but no need for an intervention

I just got the Marriott MCO for 4/24 at $52 (before taxes & fees). 3 1/2 *

4. missfigment

missfigment Mouseketeer

my brother got one room and mom got another at royal plaza downtown disney area for 55 a night!

5. spiceycat

spiceycat <font color=blue>Own at BWV, VWL and BLT<br><font

will do.

as I say if horrible will just leave then.

6. CarolA

CarolA <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

Good deal..Do you have the dates

7. twooley2

twooley2 DIS Veteran

I tried the priceline thing last night for the first time for one night and got Celebration Hotel, a Kessler Hotel for 99.00 plus taxes came to 125.06 cant say Im thrilled but we shal lsee never have stayed here but for one night it shouldnt be a big deal we will have 4 to a room and the hotel saif that was fine

8. MasterChief

MasterChief Jedi Master Mickey

My bid of $39/night for a 3* in the WDW area on the night of May 17th just got accepted; I got the Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration.

9. CarolA

CarolA <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

It's beautiful. Great location very good service! You did good! You can walk around downtown Celebration for your evening!

10. jennselke

jennselke Earning My Ears

Stayed at Radisson - is that the one by Celebration Hospital? I was very happy with the room. wifi worked well, got to DHS within 20 min door to door. Didn't use the pool at all. I typically stay at the Pop and am considering this hotel for my next visit if I can get it through priceline.

11. CaFeeney

CaFeeney Mouseketeer

Sheraton Studio City April 1-5th $40. Heading down for a cheap weekend as we won passes to Universal from the Superbowl promotion. Hotel is typically over $100/night and Trip Advisor gives it pretty good/mixed reviews so here:'s hoping it works out! :cool2:

12. dennise

dennise DIS Veteran

We have stayed there 2 trips, very comfy beds, helpful staff.

13. mla973

mla973 <font color=teal>Counting the days until life in F

Omni Resort at ChampionsGate (Priceline "resort" category)

Just won at $89/night for 4 nights in mid-April. Priceline's price was $215. We've never stayed here, but it looks great.

This is my first time with Priceline, and I'm concerned about what I'll be charged at check-in. I called the Omni, and she didn't know how it worked with Priceline, but there is a $16 resort fee and tax is 14%. I'll probably try to call back and ask for someone else.

14. tweetylori

tweetylori Mouseketeer

As an experienced Priceline user, I can tell you that the total that Priceline quoted you is accurate. However, Orlando has some resort fees that are sometimes not included. Remember that even if you had booked the hotel without Priceline, you would still have to pay taxes and resort fees, so this is not a rip-off or anything. Be happy for your Priceline win...enjoy it, and have a great time!

15. TinkerBellToo2

TinkerBellToo2 Edward Cullen You Can Dazzle Me Anytime

I too will be staying at this resort May 6-13 for $52.00 a night, with taxes and the resort fee of 11.30 included. Not a bad price for a 3*.

$ 35.00 Priceline excepted bid
    $ 6.00 Nightly tax
    $ 11.30 Resort Fee
    ---------
    $ 52.34 Total

16. TinkerBellToo2

TinkerBellToo2 Edward Cullen You Can Dazzle Me Anytime

Sorry double post

17. 8esther8

8esther8 Mouseketeer

Well, you win some, you lose some. I got the Wyndham Orlando International Dr. for $50./night for 3 nights, April 7-10, and it, too, is a dump according to the reviews. I'll never use priceline again, and don't think we'll even go, considering the 7 hour drive. Shoot.

18. tweetylori

tweetylori Mouseketeer

It's not so bad that I wouldn't go! Really! For that price it's very okay! The room itself has 4-star amenities. There is room service, a business center and pools...things that bring it up to the 3 1/2 star rating. My suggestion would be to ask for a room in one of the center/remodeled buildings.

If I had reservations at that price I would not hesitate to go and have a great time!

19. tweetylori

tweetylori Mouseketeer

p.s. Our drive was longer than that. Honestly, if I had reservations, I would so GO, before I'd pay and not get anything. You might be pleasantly surprised. Look closer on Trip Adviser.com. There are some very good reviews there.

20. CaFeeney

CaFeeney Mouseketeer

Well, just got back from our stay at the Four Points Sheraton Studio City - got on Priceline for $40 a night. Wouldn't stay again - no refrigerator (big problem with a toddler), lots of high school groups, door lock was broken, pretty dated. Wouldn't stay gain - good thing it was only $40 a night - if I paid $115 (Priceline rate) I would have been really upset!
    I just wished the whole time that I was on property - I guess I have been spoiled by Wilderness Lodge!

21. umaangel00

umaangel00 DIS Veteran

How do you know what resort you are going to get? I don't want to bid and then hate the resort I get. We are going in september and we were going to stay onsite because of free dining but I'm not sure right now.