Priceline bidding or value disney resort?

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by cincyfab, Jan 16, 2013.

1. cincyfab

cincyfab Earning My Ears

If you had three choices for booking a hotel which would you choose and why?! Me and DH disagree so I need some more opinions!

1. stay onsite at disney value resort (whichever is cheapest)

2. bid on priceline for a resort in the Lake Buena Vista region (hotels included are the Disney Dolphin, Disney Swan, Hilton Bonnet Creek, Hilton in Walt Disneyworld, Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, Marriott World Center and Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek

3. bid on priceline for a resort in the Disney Maingate category (hotels included are the omni at champions gate and gaylord palms)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. kiki02

kiki02 DIS Veteran

Did you ever get the Swan through Priceline? WOW!

4. sweetdana

sweetdana DIS Veteran

Depends on how many people. I would go with a value if 2 or 2.5 (little one). No car needed and it is perfect. More the 2.5 in a room I'd go directly to a moderate, s/d, rent dvc, or bonnet creek and not end up stuck with something from Priceline.

5. manhattanman

manhattanman Mouseketeer

There was a time when the swan and dolphin did come up on price line, but unless something has changed, they have not participated for years.

6. Kay1

Kay1 <font color=red>Check out Ricki's hidden Mickey!<b

For me, it depends on who's going. With just my son and I, I prefer a Value because I like to use Disney's buses. With my husband along we've done offsite as he prefers to drive. We like Hotwire to make sure there are two queen beds.

Have fun.

:)

7. Lewisc

Lewisc <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

I've done both. Two people. Plan on spending the entire time on Disney property. Go with the value and skip a rental car.

Plan on spending time at your resort. Plan on doing some non-Disney stuff. Universal. Shopping. Planning on renting a car either way. Use PL to upgrade your hotel. The resorts have resort fees and parking fees. That may push your total cost to around $150 or so.

You won't get stuck with something if you bid for a resort in the zones mentioned by the OP. All the hotels are good.

edited to add: The key question is if you'll have a car.

8. ExpatDisneyLover

ExpatDisneyLover DIS Veteran

I have tried to bid on resorts in the LBV area through priceline and didn't get anything for the price I was willing to pay - when I hit my max I stopped bidding and booked something else. So I might decide what you were willing to spend - go for it and if you didn't get it - go for a value resort then. At least you will know you tried but at a certain price point it becomes more appealing to take a value resort on property.