Price for 2-bedroom at BWV - could this be right?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Lizziejane, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Lizziejane

Lizziejane <font color=darkorchid>Funny how everyone is diffe

I don't know if I'm mis-reading something - but according to allears , 2 rooms at BWI are the same total price as a 2-bedroom villa. We need 2 rooms, so the only thing making me hesitate is - if a discount is announced later, or free dining, would a 2-bedroom villa be eligible?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

Yes, you can get free dining with a DVC villa, paying full price or a discount under a promo.

4. nolanboys

nolanboys DIS Veteran

One word of caution - about 5 years ago, before we were DVC members, they had the deal pay for 4 and get 3 free. I had planned on booking a 2 bdrm at BWV or BCV. The deal was not available for all 2 bdrm. We could pick from OKW, SSR, and I think AKV savanna. We went with OKW ad had a great time.

5. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

All two bedroom villas at BWV are lockoffs. Meaning a combination of a studio and one bedroom. So you'll have one king bed, one queen bed, one queen sleeper sofa and one double sleeper sofa. With two rooms at BWI, you'd have four queen sized beds.

6. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

That's true with any resort, DVC or not. All room types may not be available with the discount/promo.

7. Lizziejane

I booked the 2-bedroom. # of beds is not an issue - only need 2, but want 2 bathrooms, so this set up will be awesome. The guy on the phone told me that the room category may or may not be eligible for a discount (if announced) so I know its a gamble.

I was just surprised to find the 2 bedroom villa was cheaper than 2 standard rooms.

8. jimandami

jimandami DIS Veteran

If you rented points from a DVC member, it would probably be a good 30-40% cheaper than the Disney rate. :)

9. Lizziejane

I know....we have rented the last 2 times we've gone. However, I may need to change dates so flexibility is paramount for this trip. A good 30% discount, or free dining, would bring us reasonably close to the cost of renting, so I have my fingers crossed!