Pressed Pot of Coffee at Boma?

Yes, it is very good. The swill they usuallly serve at WDW cannot really be called coffe, so if you are used to the good stuff, I would buy a press pot. BTW, the press pot at Kona is even better thn the one at Boma.

It's worth every penny & if you have enough people who really enjoy coffee - you'll order a second pot. We never miss Boma's pressed coffee. Wasn't this way of making coffee invented by Louis X14 or X15 or one of them?

How many cups of coffee are in one press-pot? Does each diner need their own pot- or will extra empty cups be provided?

I'm assuming they'd serve the same press pots at Boma as at Jiko - and when we dined at Jiko DH and I split a press pot...I think we each got at least 2 cups of coffee out of it.

we're big coffee drinkers - so we drained the thing! very yummy! I would say you get 4-5 cups of coffee out of each pot.

This is my first post, so please excuse my inexperience!
We recently returned & had brunch at Boma. Is the large pot of coffee pressed? We asked for coffee (and from reading previous posts, I expected to be charged for it) but it was free!! We were charged for our meals only. Maybe they now include it??? Or maybe regular coffee is included, but pressed is extra? It was very good - much better than any of the other coffee we had that week!:earsgirl:

Regular coffee is included but you have to ask specifically for the pressed pot which costs extra. It comes in, guess what? A pressed pot! One of those things with the plunger. We call it a cafetiere.

It is very good and I'd certainly pay extra for it.

Louise

It is definitely work the extra $$, especially if it will be your first experience with press pot coffee. After ordering one at Boma's breakfast during our first AKL stay, we went out and purchased a press pot immediately on our return home. It's also great with dessert after dinner.

By any chance, is the pressed pot coffee available in decaf? I'd love to try it, but my mother's doctor has absolutely forbidden caffeine, and I would not want to tempt her.

The pressed pot is available in decaf. We had dinner at Bomas and I had heard so much about the pressed I wanted to be sure and get it. My DH cannot have caffeine so I ordered the decaf. I didn't care for it at all. I don't know if it was because it was decaf or if I just don't like the pressed pot.

It had so many grounds in it. I don't know if that is usual or not. I am very picky about my coffee, I grind my own beans. I didn't think there coffee was close to mine.

Hubby loved it so much, I got him his own pressed pot (Walmarts on line) for Christmas. He uses it every day!

Originally posted by jbthi

It had so many grounds in it. I don't know if that is usual or not. I am very picky about my coffee, I grind my own beans. I didn't think there coffee was close to mine.

I believe if the pump is pressed too quickly, grounds can escape into the upper chamber of the pot. Not positive about this, though.

I believe if the pump is pressed too quickly, grounds can escape into the upper chamber of the pot. Not positive about this, though.

Forever42 is correct. You have to slowly push the handle down in order to make sure all the grounds are kept at the bottom of the pot.

The press pot of Kenyan coffee at the BOMA breakfst is one of the highlights of our trips! DH is not a big coffee drinker, so I usually have most of the pot to myself. I always get a "to go" cup and enjoy the last drop as we're leaving. I used to teach coffee seminars, and the best coffee you can brew at home is either in a French Press Pot or a Chemex coffeepot. I wish it were available at more WDW restaurants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter